Is Watching Drone Videos Good Use Of FAA Inspector Time?
1316 24 2015-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's all about the Benjamins.

Must read

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngoglia/2015/03/14/is-watching-drone-videos-good-use-of-faa-inspector-time/
2015-3-14
Use props
budnikasr
lvl.2

Canada

Reporters like to create a buzz on just about anything these days. To answer your question
s Watching Drone Videos Good Use Of FAA Inspector Time?
, they're not going to be monitoring you-tube for your videos, but violate the rules, get caught and they'll be able to use it against you if you have something posted. Remember the book, 1984, Big Brother is Watching!
2015-3-14
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

budnikasr Posted at 2015-3-15 04:01
Reporters like to create a buzz on just about anything these days. To answer your question , they're ...

Well my friend they are. Have you read the whole story?
2015-3-14
Use props
budnikasr
lvl.2

Canada

I did read it. In the first case of the Portland moron, who posted his images on a site and started selling them, the FAA deems it commercial, so probably someone complained. I'm sure the FAA, didn't just happen to come upon this individual. The second case in Tampa,
This office has received a complaint regarding your use of an unmanned aerial vehicle
, again, a complaint was received. What I don't understand is, if there are rules and regulations why are people so adamant to break them? If you don't like the rules, write your congressman and get it changed!
2015-3-14
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

budnikasr Posted at 2015-3-15 05:35
I did read it. In the first case of the Portland moron, who posted his images on a site and started  ...

Because there are ads on YouTube, Hanes's flights constituted a commercial use
Meaning randum ads put by YouTube wile video was being viewed.
2015-3-14
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Again Is all about the Benjamins

">">FROM FOX NEWS

http://video.foxnews.com/v/41101 ... nes/?#sp=show-clips
2015-3-14
Use props
budnikasr
lvl.2

Canada

Foxnews that's a great news source. Just like Saddam has WMD's right!  You American's, sorry if I offend the intelligent ones, but you'll believe everything that is told to you! Never have you're own thoughts!
2015-3-14
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

budnikasr Posted at 2015-3-15 09:45
Foxnews that's a great news source. Just like Saddam has WMD's right!  You American's, sorry if I of ...

Ignorant, illiterate, unlettered, uneducated mean lacking in knowledge or in training. Ignorant may mean knowing little or nothing, or it may mean uninformed about a particular subject:  ignorant person can be dangerous. SIR.
2015-3-14
Use props
budnikasr
lvl.2

Canada

pidetectives, what a joke!!!!!
2015-3-14
Use props
gds3d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 29646 ft
United States

Why go to YouTube?  You can Google drone videos and get thousands of companies advertising!   One even stated that they have been doing it for 20 years!!!
Seems like a scare tactic to me.
2015-3-15
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

According to the FAA most complaints come from competitors of the person(s) shooting a quality photo or video. You will find this activity in most business places. It is a competitive world we live in.
2015-3-15
Use props
Wildcat Willie
lvl.3

Canada

Fox News...Fair and Balanced...If you care to opine as Bill O Reilly would say...But I guess its only okay if its your thoughts ....Right??? Budnikasr. Its a great source of news even outside the USA...I'm in Canada...It would be naive to think that Gov authorities aren't watching whats going  on You Tube or other Internet sources regarding drones...I do and you do as well.  They are amazing source and in some cases its the old cliche "Give them enough Rope and they will Hang Themselves"....So be Respectful of others and obey your countries laws and don't post videos that do all of us an injustice...You can also use your posted videos to work for you if you need to prove that you are responsible...If your being responsible...Its beats being paranoid of Big Brother, The Bilderbergers, or even Fox News ...
2015-3-15
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Wildcat Willie Posted at 2015-3-16 00:06
Fox News...Fair and Balanced...If you care to opine as Bill O Reilly would say...But I guess its onl ...

Very well put Mr Willie.
2015-3-15
Use props
Sublime
New

Canada

Kids, Kids, why can't y'all get along? I'm a proud Texan and don't get insulted by our friends north of the border easily especially that we are the greatest state in these here un-United States. Bud is right though, you bunch spend more time crying about what the FAA is doing or not doing. You can't think for yourselves so your next best source of information is the news. They need a story to tell, and anyone who calls someone else ignorant, but then spends more time watching the news is actually the ignorant one! Canada, you out enjoying your Inspire 1? I hear Canada has got it right and right about now am sick of my some of my fellow Americans, especially some of the ones on this forum.
2015-3-15
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sublime Posted at 2015-3-16 04:25
Kids, Kids, why can't y'all get along? I'm a proud Texan and don't get insulted by our friends north ...

Thank you Mr left wing for your comments
2015-3-15
Use props
Wildcat Willie
lvl.3

Canada

Its not perfect but if you follow the 58 conditions and then register with Transport Canada you can work commercially depending on your weight class. The Inspire 1 falls into the 2.1 kg to 25 kg class. The rules you end up with will probably be similar to what we have when the dust settles....I'm from Alberta so the weather is nicer than my neighbors to the South which is a switch for this time of year...It would be great for flying except the Chinook winds are blowing warm air in from the Pacific so it is to windy to fly...I was flying a week or two ago and a strong gust took my I1 and I busted my props...The I1 is in good shape, it seems like a fairly tough unit and can take some hits...Unfortunately I am like everybody else on the planet it seems waiting for props...Just bought some from Fox Teck FPV in China and when they arrive next Wed I am thinking about heading out to the Dinosaur badlands or an area called the Whaleback to do some filming...
2015-3-15
Use props
Sublime
New

Canada

Come on down to Houston pidetectives and I'll personally show you which side I'm on.
2015-3-15
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sublime Posted at 2015-3-16 05:26
Come on down to Houston pidetectives and I'll personally show you which side I'm on.

I admit TEXANS have BIG mouths but thats all they GOT.
2015-3-15
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

Wouldnt all ads for all UAVs be illegal then??

Scratching my head thinking....
So the manufacturing company run ads of the air craft in all their marketing schemes  to sell the aircraft thus generating monies . Then those videos of every craft being demo'ed , or promoted like the Inspire & Spreading wings , and many more. Then aren't the company's ads showing the crafts capabilities illegal as well ?? Who hasn't had a drone ad pop up while watching a drone video ?? Oh the irony.
160 foot range from people and vehicles and structure is well violated even in the Inspire ads.

Hello DJI were all gonna need a zoom feature !! Stat!

Didn't the FAA say were about two years out on any real ruling on this?
I bet they kick butts till then so fly right set your max altitude in the USA for 400 and stay in line of sight 500m.
They are paid gov pricks, so fly right on this!

Follow the rules is key here let them weed out the fools who out of the box go straight up 1500 feet like some rapid, caged, spirit set free.
Without thinking WTh they are doing ..

Fly Right!

What yah think on this?

2015-3-15
Use props
Wildcat Willie
lvl.3

Canada

Yeah ...I was told by a Gov official in Canada if you cant live with a lot of rules...Find something else to do....Our rules are laid out for Commercial and Personal use and for the most part I agree with them. However, we are restricted to 300ft,  VLOS and the pilot cannot use FPV even for VLOS.   This pretty much makes every person who fly's a UAV a criminal because FPV is what you buy one for. I can understand that they don't want people flying BVLOS and they don't want goggles like Fat Shark under the exemptions which have proven to be the way to go for most people.  In my mind it doesn't mean that the laws cant be changed and the Gov agrees that they are a work in progress.  If you have a commercial need and you can justify BVLOS then you can apply for an SFOC which is about 135 pages and will probably take you several months to work through.  They are hammering out BVLOS rules and are due in 2016. so the rules are pretty much in place and if they really want to they can pretty much find a Rule or Condition to hang you with if they want. So Be Respectful, Obey the Rules to the best of your ability, Stop and Think,  and they will probably leave you alone.  Thats the way it is in Canada anyway and I think it is what you guys will probably end up with in a few years. Try to work within the system to change what needs to be changed.
2015-3-15
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

The rest of the time they read all the posts on this forum .....
2015-3-15
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
United States

budnikasr Posted at 2015-3-15 09:45
Foxnews that's a great news source. Just like Saddam has WMD's right!  You American's, sorry if I of ...

Always think for yourself .
2015-3-15
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
United States

Wildcat Willie Posted at 2015-3-16 00:06
Fox News...Fair and Balanced...If you care to opine as Bill O Reilly would say...But I guess its onl ...

Exactly .
2015-3-15
Use props
MainlineAerial
New

United States

First thing I've agreed with on Fox News in quite awhile
2015-3-16
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States