Props won't start up PV+2 3.0
2061 18 2015-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
travisnutley
New

United States

I'm on hour 9 of trying to get this thing to work again. I've had it for 2 days and it worked great for the first 3 flights. I had not done any type of firmware updates at the time.

I fully charged the 2nd battery from the bundle and inserted it.  Since doing so, I can calibrate fine and all things look good on the app, but the propellers just won't start. I've even tried switching to the original battery but that didn't help.

I've since upgraded the firmware in the controller and Phantom. I've calibrated in the RC Assistant, then again in the Phantom assistant with each battery.  I've made sure the controller is set to Mode 2 and upgrade version. I've redone the IMU calibration on basic and advanced several times. I've cleaned the contacts on both batteries, did the compass/magnet fix, power cycled a billion times and still nothing.

This things next flight might be from me throwing it from the 2nd story window.

EDIT: I also want to add that the gimble is buzzing and clicking. It moves back and forth unless I tilt it to one side, then back to the other.
2015-3-14
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Does the battery power up? i presume so as you stated you did all of the updates.
Are S1 and S2 in the up position? It will not spin up if they are not
I presume the RC and TX are fully charged?
2015-3-14
Use props
travisnutley
New

United States

Thanks for the reply.

S1 and S2 are in the up position and everything is fully charged. Both batteries do power up fine, and I can control the gimbal.
2015-3-14
Use props
mike
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try recalibrating your remote controller (again) exactly like this:
2015-3-14
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

travisnutley@gm Posted at 2015-3-15 05:10
Thanks for the reply.

S1 and S2 are in the up position and everything is fully charged. Both batter ...

Please have a look at my screens on this thread, just check it against what you have..
One individual the other day found a loose wire in his RC, no connection, no start!! and his was brand new...

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en
2015-3-14
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

mike@singerscre Posted at 2015-3-15 05:15
Try recalibrating your remote controller (again) exactly like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v= ...

you never know, he did state he calibrated everything including in the RC Assistant.
2015-3-14
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

travisnutley, can you describe exactly what you are doing to start the motors ?
Just to rule out operator error.
2015-3-14
Use props
travisnutley
New

United States

Thanks for all the responses.

Mike, that's the way I've been calibrating, but thanks.

North, I see that my Z axis on the Compass (raw) reading is consistently over 400 on a flat surface, and in upgrades, it says I have the latest firmware but also lists the latest upgrade at the end. I see on your that it says No updates instead.

johynwarr, I'm turning on the RC/TX, then Phantom. I let it sit for a moment, then flick S1 to calibrate. I get a good calibration and move the sticks down and inside for several seconds. This worked totally fine the first few times I flew it but not anymore .
Capture.PNG
2015-3-14
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

travisnutley@gm Posted at 2015-3-15 06:02

Interesting,
Did you click where it says latest version or upgrade all just for giggles?
Also, when you power on the Phantom, let it go through its cycles before you flip S1 for compass calibration and after that then execute the CSC for powering up.
2015-3-14
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

See this thread, 4th post from the bottom...sounds eerily similar....click those updates!
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en
2015-3-14
Use props
travisnutley
New

United States

I've tried reinstalling several times from there. I even got the same problem he did in the other thread where it beeped after failing and on restart, but I had the same luck when it upgraded afterwards. I'm still getting the same "Latest Version" message after trying it a few more times.

On a side note, the Phantom is no longer showing up on WiFi!!!

:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@
2015-3-14
Use props
trrdesign
lvl.2

United States

Had the same problem a while back.  had to send back to DJI and the cleaned out the systems and installed the correct firmware.  That is why the pulled the one version.  they had hundreds of phantoms, returned, because they would not start.
2015-3-14
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Travis,
If you compared your screens to mine and all else looks normal, how about popping the cover off the RC to see if there is a loose wire or trying to rebind the RC to the Phantom (procedure is in the manual) there really has to be something obvious which we cannot see from our screens causing this, if it had worked fine as you say for a few days and then just nothing....then it has to be something overlooked...don't give up!
2015-3-14
Use props
godfrey.dayo
lvl.2

China

trrdesign@cox.n Posted at 2015-3-15 08:33
Had the same problem a while back.  had to send back to DJI and the cleaned out the systems and inst ...

Hi, you are talking about firmware 3.10, right?
2015-3-14
Use props
travisnutley
New

United States

Thanks for the info and encouragement.   

trrdesign, in reading through the forums, it looks like it takes several weeks to get back when sending it in. How long was the wait?

Northofthe49th, I'm concerned that it will void the warranty if I take anything apart.

I have noticed the camera moving side to side when I press left/right on the stick so it looks like the commands are making it to the Phantom.

2015-3-14
Use props
s.lepre
New

United States

travisnutley@gm Posted at 2015-3-15 06:02

Travis,
Before it takes the leap out the window, go to the search section on the top right of the main screen of this site and lookup "prop will not start". That saved me I hope it does the same for you. Especially look at the postings of a guy name Victor and a DJI blair I think it is?. He has the DJI logo next as his sign in name.
Steve
2015-3-15
Use props
trrdesign
lvl.2

United States

travisnutley@gm Posted at 2015-3-15 12:11
Thanks for the info and encouragement.   

trrdesign, in reading through the forums, it looks like ...

it took about 5 weeks.  For me it was the 3.10 firmware.  I could not do anything to go back to 3.08.  They did it at the shop.  When I called, the shop said there were a high number of drones sent back because of the same thing.
2015-3-15
Use props
travisnutley
New

United States

I can't thank you guys enough for the tips, suggestions, and encouragement. I'm happy to be joining a great community.

I decided I would try calibrating again on a different PC. I loaded the software and finally noticed that the throttle was set to reverse... I have no idea where or how it got switched. I switched it back and it's working totally fine now. I'm incredibly happy and extremely embarrassed at the same time.

Thanks again to everybody for the help and suggestions though. You guys were great!
2015-3-15
Use props
s.lepre
New

United States

travisnutley@gm Posted at 2015-3-16 11:46
I can't thank you guys enough for the tips, suggestions, and encouragement. I'm happy to be joining  ...

That in a nutshell is what these Forums are all about. People helping People with the same problem.
Steve
2015-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules