New P4pro kimball & camera issue
628 4 2017-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paul55
lvl.1
United States

Hi
I am new here as I only got a brand new P4pro yesterday.
I am using a Samsung Note 4 on the controller.  I had several issues to upgrade the firmware as well as for the controller to connect to the aircraft (still happening sometimes).
However the major 2 issues are :
1/ the gimball often makes a "hiiiiiiiii" noise when panning a little bit to the right then the left after turning the aircraft on.
2/ the camera image on the Note 4 is totally scramble and also reacting extremely slowly when moving the camera.  In fact there is almost no image at all!
3/ the led on the controller is flashing green/red
4/ the app constantly asks me to calibrate the compass
Is there something totally wrong with the P4pro and should I return it?
Paul
2017-6-18
Use props
paul55
lvl.1
United States

BTW, I would appreciate some help urgently as I am flying to Canada tomorrow morning.
2017-6-18
Use props
paul55
lvl.1
United States

BTW, I would appreciate some help urgently as I am flying to Canada tomorrow morning.
2017-6-18
Use props
UrbanDepartures
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Try reading the forum lad...these issues have been addressed several times over the past few day's...don't be lazy.
2017-6-18
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The red/green flashing LED on controller is telling you that a firmware update is required. I'd say that you've updated the firmware on the P4P, but not the RC successfully.

I suggest you connect your craft to computer and use Assistant 2 to refresh your firmware.. Then turn on your RC with tablet attached - on the 'splash screen' when it would normally display 'getting version details...' it should show you a firmware is available message (from memory). The RC LED should be blinking red/green too. Do that, then power-cycle your RC.
Then manually re-link both. Instruction here at post #7: http://forum.dji.com/thread-94069-1-1.html
2017-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules