Starts auto landing soon after take off
1570 12 2017-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf7fc0d0f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 51762 ft
United Kingdom

Hi All, This problem started today, just after taking off and flying over a cliff the controller said landing and started to down, I could not over ride the auto land but was able to bring it back for a safe landing. I then checked the firmware and all was up to date. I have two Mavics so went back out with both. they both did the same thing. then downgraded one of the mavics and had another go, it still had this problem.Can anyone help?

2017-6-18
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Are you flying line of sight? Do you have your failsafe set to landing or return to home? The fact that it is happening on both your Mavics, suggests it is something you are doing. Are the aerials on your RC set to the correct angle. Are you getting any warning messages?
2017-6-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Could you please sync the flight record , then PM me your DJI account email and the  date this occurred, so I can look into it?
2017-6-19
Use props
fansf7fc0d0f
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi, I'm not sure how to sync flight data or my dji account
2017-6-19
Use props
fansf7fc0d0f
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-6-19 02:37
Could you please sync the flight record , then PM me your DJI account email and the  date this occurred, so I can look into it?

fansf7fc0d0f
Beginner
Flight distance : 3747
United Kingdom
5#
I think I've sync flights all on the 18/06/2017, and I use my email for account, denis_willicott@yahoo.com. I that's it?
2017-6-19
Use props
fansf7fc0d0f
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I think I've sync flights all on the 18/06/2017, and I use my email for account, denis_willicott@yahoo.com. I that's it?
2017-6-19
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Flying near a NFZ? I had that problem when I tried to launch right at the border of the DC NFZ.
2017-6-19
Use props
fansf7fc0d0f
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Well I wasn't near a nfz zone and I tried it after in an area which I new was fine but still did the same thing. I calibrated the imu on both mavic and refreshed the firmware and went but to my test area and both mavic flew perfectly. My be it was the imu.
Thanks for your help
2017-6-19
Use props
fansf7fc0d0f
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-6-18 21:16
Are you flying line of sight? Do you have your failsafe set to landing or return to home? The fact that it is happening on both your Mavics, suggests it is something you are doing. Are the aerials on your RC set to the correct angle. Are you getting any warning messages?

Hi, the mavic was only about 10mtr from me, no warnings just said landing and start to go down. I calibrated the imu and all now working good. Strange day I think.
Thanks for your help
2017-6-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fansf7fc0d0f Posted at 2017-6-19 15:14
Hi, the mavic was only about 10mtr from me, no warnings just said landing and start to go down. I calibrated the imu and all now working good. Strange day I think.
Thanks for your help

Thank you for your info, just checked the flight records, I would recommend you send it in for diagnosis and service, it looks like a hardware issue.   https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
2017-6-20
Use props
fansf7fc0d0f
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-6-20 02:57
Thank you for your info, just checked the flight records, I would recommend you send it in for diagnosis and service, it looks like a hardware issue.   https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area

Hi, I have had successful flights since with both mavics, so I went to the same place where the problem first happened and had the problem again with both mavics, I then went to my test area and had no problems. Would you still recommend sending them back? Had you seen something in the hard ware?
2017-6-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fansf7fc0d0f Posted at 2017-6-20 14:00
Hi, I have had successful flights since with both mavics, so I went to the same place where the problem first happened and had the problem again with both mavics, I then went to my test area and had no problems. Would you still recommend sending them back? Had you seen something in the hard ware?

I've checked the flight records, it looks a bit weird. But, as you mentioned, sounds like this issue only happens in a certain place, right? If so, please export the flight data for further analysis, thank you in advance.  
PS: Please export the data via DJI Assistant 2.
2017-6-25
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

fansf7fc0d0f Posted at 2017-6-20 14:00

Hi, as Thor mentioned, could you please export the flight data for further analysis? We care much about it and we'd like to make it clear to you.
2017-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules