Dronie altitude
8009 59 2017-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rick bernotas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 194944 ft
United States

I just tried dronie for the first time, I was standing on shore and tried it where it would go out over the water.  When it hit the shoreline it actually started descending in altitude, lol.  I hit the stop button right quick with that!  This mode needs some work, I will be patient tho, it has lots of potential.
2017-7-2
Use props
bcharleson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 521811 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same issue here. Only flies backwards and does not gain altitude. I am on latest firmware and iOS .
2017-7-2
Use props
Dji Randhawa
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-6-29 19:42
I've transferred it to our engineers , they are looking into it now, will let you know once we heard from them. Thanks again for your info.

anything on it yet ???
2017-7-6
Use props
QHovey
lvl.2
United States

+1 to the dronie issues, no gain in altitude.
+1 to helix. Seems to drift way off target.

All other quick shots modes work as intended.
2017-7-6
Use props
Supong
lvl.4
Thailand

*** Initial angle *** define the angle that Spark will fly backward. So if you want Spark to fly back at steep angle, put Spark near you and high then start the Dronie. On the contrary, put Spark low and far it won't goback high.
2017-7-6
Use props
QHovey
lvl.2
United States

Supong Posted at 2017-7-6 17:13
*** Initial angle *** define the angle that Spark will fly backward. So if you want Spark to fly back at steep angle, put Spark near you and high then start the Dronie. On the contrary, put Spark low and far it won't goback high.

So is it camera gimbal pitch? Does it fly opposite of to the cameras view vector? What if I have the spark directly above me with the camera down? Will Dronie essentially shoot a Rocket type shot? I'll play with this, but even if true, doesn't seem like the right implementation.
2017-7-6
Use props
Mimus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 284770 ft
United States

Same issue here. Both dronie and helix are broken. Dronie goes far and gains little or no altitude while helix goes way to far and does not comply with the distance settings
2017-7-7
Use props
Dji Randhawa
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-6-29 19:42
I've transferred it to our engineers , they are looking into it now, will let you know once we heard from them. Thanks again for your info.

DJI Diana please let me know if i will hear something from you guys or let me know how to return this drone.
2017-7-7
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Dji Randhawa Posted at 2017-7-7 19:27
DJI Diana please let me know if i will hear something from you guys or let me know how to return this drone.

Randhawa, a new firmware will be released soon, it will optimize the function of the drone. Please pay close attention to our website and forum.
2017-7-10
Use props
J.G
lvl.3
Flight distance : 172562 ft
United States

Please DJI, we need a software update asap to fix quick shots.
2017-7-12
Use props
fans1128074a
lvl.4
Flight distance : 63724 ft
United States

iOS user here with the same dronie issues. Never even tempted Helix mode. Hope to have an answer soon...
2017-7-12
Use props
fansc4276c56
New
Canada

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-10 00:05
Randhawa, a new firmware will be released soon, it will optimize the function of the drone. Please pay close attention to our website and forum.

2 weeks since this post....any update on expected release of new firmware?
2017-7-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

fansc4276c56 Posted at 2017-7-21 07:43
2 weeks since this post....any update on expected release of new firmware?

It is expected to be released next week.
2017-7-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-21 20:14
It is expected to be released next week.

That's great news,
2017-7-22
Use props
SpeedyFrog
lvl.1
Flight distance : 152231 ft
New Zealand

iOS user here. Still having the same issues with Dronie. Have the latest firmware update as of 07/31/2017. I bought this drone primarily for the dronie and circle quick shot modes to be used at my wedding in a month, so this is very disappointing.
2017-7-30
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

SpeedyFrog Posted at 2017-7-30 23:33
iOS user here. Still having the same issues with Dronie. Have the latest firmware update as of 07/31/2017. I bought this drone primarily for the dronie and circle quick shot modes to be used at my wedding in a month, so this is very disappointing.

That is pretty strange to hear that they still cannot fix quickshot issue with iphone.
I have just tried the quickshots on Android (Motorola Nexus 6) yesterday and dronie worked perfectly with the rise. Also, I could choose the distance and Spark strictly followed the distance that I set.
Hope they fix for iOS soon.
2017-7-30
Use props
WinterNite
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22411 ft
Australia

Phuong Do Posted at 2017-7-30 23:36
That is pretty strange to hear that they still cannot fix quickshot issue with iphone.
I have just tried the quickshots on Android (Motorola Nexus 6) yesterday and dronie worked perfectly with the rise. Also, I could choose the distance and Spark strictly followed the distance that I set.
Hope they fix for iOS soon.

Well, it doesnt work for me. S8+
2017-7-30
Use props
eylneb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122477 ft
Malaysia

Mine work in both new n old firmware... just confirmed it last weekend.. iOS..
2017-7-30
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

eylneb Posted at 2017-7-30 23:44
Mine work in both new n old firmware... just confirmed it last weekend.. iOS..

So eylneb, your iOS works? That is strange.
Seems like it is not something relates to the operating system (iOS vs Android), but something to do with the model of Phone? Because WinterNite above said samsung S8+ not working as well...

Just to be sure, I posted below DJI tutorial for dronie, maybe help for other guys who got issue:

Also, it is funny that if you look at DJI Spark Dronie promo video (00:30 to 00:37):
Spark did not really rise up in the clip, lol (I wonder if they did that on purpose so that those who have issue cannot complain). Anyway, confirm again my phone (Motorola Nexus 6) works. Dronie goes back and rises up.
2017-7-31
Use props
eylneb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122477 ft
Malaysia

Phuong Do Posted at 2017-7-31 00:07
So eylneb, your iOS works? That is strange.
Seems like it is not something relates to the operating system (iOS vs Android), but something to do with the model of Phone? Because WinterNite above said samsung S8+ not working as well...

im on iOS 11 public beta 3, ip7 latest fw n app...

I guess one have to review the flight record to see if it actually fly up, sometimes video cannot really see if its flying up due to the shots are wider & further... also i wnder what is the alogrithm it uses...  from my understanding it this is how it flies.  .........------'''''''
anyway i reviewed my flight record;
.10m at 1m,
20m at 3m,
40m to 9m,
80m to 20m
120m to 29m

Helix @ 125m away it raised about 18m

2017-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules