3504 4 2017-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
carlo_CH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 246673 ft
Switzerland

Hello everyone

I'm traveling to Rwanda and Tanzania this fall and planing to bring my Mavic.
Does anybody know about law's / regulations concering drones in those countries? Since i couldn't find anything on google, i texted their embassies here in Switzerland, but did not receive any response.
Of course i will not fly over any military / goverment sites, as usual. But is it even allowed to bring a drone? I surely don't want it to be taken away at the boarder controll.

Thank you in advance!

2017-6-18
Use props
fansae232a66
New
Portugal

Hey,

I’m also be going to Rwanda soon. Did you have any problem bringing your own drone? Any advice?

Thanks,
2017-11-17
Use props
FITB
lvl.1
Canada

Hey guys, we've tried to go through ALL the legal channels to fly drones in Rwanda legally but their rules are all fine... aka you have to register yourself and your drone to fly there, pay a fee etc.  No big deal...here is where it gets STUPID you have to have a CLASS 3 MEDICAL LICENSE to fly anything there. AKA what pilots need to fly real planes.  You need to have a physical, AKG and Audiology test done.  We go every year to Rwanda and wanted desperately the last 2 yrs to fly there but decided it's not worth the risk to fly without those permits.
2018-1-12
Use props
Bizz 2Go
New

Greetings,

Rules and regulations for flying Drones (UAV) in Africa is available @ Bongo Gadgets Blog

Regards,

Bongo Gadgets TZ
2019-9-8
Use props
Bizz 2Go
New

If you are looking to get a Permit to fly your Drone  (UAV) in Tanzania.

Read the article @ Bongo Gadgets Blog
2019-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules