First video
849 9 2017-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Brokenphones
lvl.3
Flight distance : 489400 ft
Ireland

Long time photographer, short time flyer/videographer. So slowly making my way up that learning curve when it comes to flying/videographing.

This is one of my first efforts at a bit of editing. I think it shows. I need to become a little smoother with my movements and plan out a little more before I fly. Am open to constuctive   
criticisms, so feel free -  but play nice .

2017-6-19
Use props
fans2a35a1ed
lvl.1
Georgia

2017-6-19
Use props
simis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 405102 ft
United Kingdom

Every scene should be no longer than 5-6 seconds (apart from timelapse)  otherwise it's getting borring
2017-6-19
Use props
fansc501b0eb
lvl.1
United States

fans2a35a1ed Posted at 2017-6-19 02:53
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPue2mQKT7k&t=7s

Your first flight you did well. Im waiting on mine and need all the help i can get
Let me know any issues you have so i wont make that mistake. Thanks
2017-6-19
Use props
Brokenphones
lvl.3
Ireland

fansc501b0eb Posted at 2017-6-19 04:39
Your first flight you did well. Im waiting on mine and need all the help i can get
Let me know any issues you have so i wont make that mistake. Thanks

Def not my first flight. Have had the Mavic since Feb, but my little country doesn't get great weather for flying throughout the year. Plus, what with work and such, I haven't gotten out anywhere near as often as I'd like. Maybe once every 4-6 weeks. But this is my first go at editing any of the files produced.

I haven't had any major issues at all. So far. One (sorta) crash, when I flew indoors not long after I took delivery. Broke a prop and scuffed up a battery, otherwise no damage.  Am still running on whatever firmware I upgraded to just after I bought the device and have avoided upgrading since then (can't recall what version I'm on). I'm gonna wait a while and make sure any bugs have been resolved before I update.
For me I found the controlling of a moving craft while controlling camera settings is a new skill. (for example, in my video, above, you can see the waterfall is over-exposed, as the water loses detail in some parts). After the 'camera/mavic control together learning curve' there is also the post processing. I tried a few (free) applications recommended by users on here and settled on Shotcut, which I am still getting to grips with. It helps being a photographer, but only to a point. I also work in IT, so learning new software is something you get a little used to in work.
Feel free to fire any questions whatsoever at me. I'm a beginner too. I won't sneer at your questions, as everybody is a beginner at some point.
2017-6-19
Use props
Brokenphones
lvl.3
Ireland

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-6-19 04:24
Nice job.  Welcome to the wonderful world of droning!

Thanking you
2017-6-19
Use props
simis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 405102 ft
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-6-19 04:30
"5-6 sconds"?  LOL.  Adderall, Dexidrine, or Ritalin?

Sorry, I ment camera angle
2017-6-19
Use props
Obi23.bs
lvl.1
United States

Hey man have my pro for about a week
Got some major hours in that week and now im in maui hawaii for the summer and the winds are like 16 to 20 miles an hour and im afraid to put it in thebair. Whats the most wind this thing can fly in. Gusts ???
2017-6-29
Use props
Igor42
lvl.2
Russia

Просто.
2017-6-29
Use props
Brokenphones
lvl.3
Ireland