Mavic lost due to battery failure - DJI won't help
7713 127 2017-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DocDNA
lvl.2
United States

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2017-8-6 11:52
if you really have 17 recharges on a 2 day old battery - then maybe you got a reconditioned one instead of a brand new one ?
i would not be happy and be suspicious about it.

I didn't look to see how many charges it had when I first started using it, but as the craft required activation, I'm guessing it was all new hardware. (not refurb / return).
2017-8-7
Use props
DocDNA
lvl.2
United States

Micronx Posted at 2017-8-6 09:58
charged your battery 17 times in 2 days ?

wowwww, did you sleep in this 2 days ?

I don't sleep. But it's actually pretty easy to rack up flights when you're on vacation. I was relaxing on the beach, using my field charging station to power the DJI charger, so I didn't even have to go anywhere to recharge.

Also, keep in mind that it doesn't take that long to charge unless you run the battery really low. (Which I typically avoid doing, for obvious reasons - present case being the exception). I don't know what the threshold is for the battery to count  a "charge cycle', but it's definitely much less than a full discharge.
2017-8-7
Use props
DocDNA
lvl.2
United States

NE.UK Posted at 2017-8-7 00:11
Have the logs been posted anywhere?

NE.UK,

Let me see what I can put together. Most of the logs are encrypted anyway, so unless you have the decryption key, you're not going to see much more than random bytes. Also, even when decrypted, they are not readable by any of the standard tools (DatCon, healthy drones, etc.) These logs were never meant for public consumption. The graphs I put together were generated based on a custom script that I threw together.
2017-8-7
Use props
DocDNA
lvl.2
United States

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2017-8-6 12:07
That would help alot if you have a care refresh -

I think it would help regardless. The SD card inside the Mavic would likely still be readable (there's a reason they use SD cards , and that would resolve this whole problem of me not having the correct logs for DJI.

That said, I'm waiting to see what happens with my open case before I go fishing for the hardware.
2017-8-7
Use props
DocDNA
lvl.2
United States

DocDNA Posted at 2017-8-7 07:43
I think it would help regardless. The SD card inside the Mavic would likely still be readable (there's a reason they use SD cards , and that would resolve this whole problem of me not having the correct logs for DJI.

That said, I'm waiting to see what happens with my open case before I go fishing for the hardware.

Well, after requests to send the same information over and over again, I've finally heard back from DJI:

Good day,

I am sorry to confirm you that we could not provide data analysis (and also, we are not able to analyze it) or warranty service for incident with a 3rd party app.

We have specified it on our after sales policies: "http://www.dji.com/service/policy".

Failure of, or damage caused by, any third party products, including those that DJI may provide or integrate into the DJI product at your request.

Should you have more questions, please feel free to let me know.

Regards,
RJ
DJI Support

I think those that fly with Litchi should keep this in mind. If they have a fly-away / crash, it looks like DJI will refuse to help.

2017-9-10
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

DocDNA Posted at 2017-9-10 22:06
Well, after requests to send the same information over and over again, I've finally heard back from DJI:

Good day,

this is where Dji has the biggest grey area..dji has the least consistent customer service i have ever seen, ever.  like each email your respond to you are a different person they have no idea what happened in last email. on top of that if you fail to locate your log files that are from Dji go4 its RIP, even if the log files are exactly the same but written in another application.   i understand that logic, dont want fraudulent claims however they need to create a API/SDk with a logging standard if they wish to also support claims and support 3rd parties.  its a balancing act and one they seriously fail to handle well..

this is why i get 3rd party insurance outside of the company.. state farm insurance on my drone for example... because i straight up refuse to work with Dji on certain things.. a flyaway or a crash outside of my control is one of those things i refuse to work with DJi on until they figure things out better.  i rather have a cut cut out to me from my insurance, and decide if i wanna retry my hobby again or cut my losses there and move on..

2017-9-10
Use props
De Anda
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1499 ft
United States

One thing ive learned. not flying my mavic when the time comes over water. lol
2017-9-10
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

De Anda Posted at 2017-9-10 22:42
One thing ive learned. not flying my mavic when the time comes over water. lol

no, one thing i have learned is its inexperience with knowing how aircraft acts and reacts that causes most failures.  no one should be that far out over water at 20% battery..    specially if unexperianced with recorvering the drone from its decent with critical battery..

i fly over water fairly often.. next week going to the beach!   better believe i'm going to pushing my baby hard!
2017-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules