Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Horrible Customer Support
1769 17 2017-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alaskaphotograp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 106617 ft
United States

I bought my Inspire 2 Premium Combo back in the beginning of March. As primarily a photographer I was intrigued by the CinemaDNG aspect of the drone, even with the need of buying the SSD drive, I figured filming in RAW was worth it. Within the first two weeks I did a firmware update and afterwards it would not recognize my SSD or MicroSD. So I had to send it back. A month later I got it back. Upon taking it out I found it was returned without the CinemaDNG license. For the first two weeks I was told wait 24-48 for an e-mail that would never come. I would check back every 48 hours to hear the same thing. I must wait 24-48 hours. On the two week mark I got my first e-mail, I was getting prompt responses until it was quitting time. After that nothing. This was on a Friday. Come Monday when I checked back. I was told DJI would not resolve the issue and I needed to take it up with Amazon to get the key to my license, because I purchased through Amazon. Amazon told me they do not keep license keys on file, especially since it was preinstalled software. They told me DJI received a piece of hardware with the licensing they control installed by them, they should have returned it that way, which I agreed. It took a week of debating this with support going back to the supports ending with either nothing we can do or wait 24-48 hours for emails that never arrived. Finally I was given a case number and instructed to mail it back. My first return instructions was very explicit I was to mail everything back, all papers and packaging and everything or else my case may be denied. So this second time I mailed EVERYTHING back. Fast forward a few weeks I finally get my drone back. Expect anything considered an accessory. No micro SD card, no walk cable for my charger, no calibration board, no cap to cover where the gamble attaches... I figured "you know what. It's all minor at least I can repurchase the stuff and in the meantime I can record in CinemaDNG." Nope! Can't buy those things in the DJI store and nope! Can't record in Cinema DNG.....

It's been 3 months since I purchased this thing. I called support to wait on hold, only to have them pick up and tell me it's quitting time. Pet peeves along the way it the phrase "I understand your frustration." I doubt any of these people have paid $7,500+ for a product which doesn't work. Another is "I promise you you'll receive an email in 24-48 hours." And "I'm personally going to look after this for you." Another issue is the ambiguity the have a problem saying that's it there's nothing more I can do for you right now they just say things like "we're working on this" or "I'm watching this for you" but they wait for you to key in and end a conversation. Another annoyance is on the forums here they really don't like it when people get on a form where someone reports an issue. The admins come on and say we're working with you on your thread please only post there. They don't like when people know they're not alone.

In the end Amazing product when it works, but by all means the worst customer support I have ever dealt with, after working with tech companies for the last two decades. DJI is far above any other for worst customer service.
2017-6-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

If I were in your position, I would feel the same way, sincerely apologize for all your unpleasant experience and inconvenience that has caused. I would forward all your dissatisfaction and frustration to our management department to follow up and improve our customer service.
May I have the case number? I will help to look into all the process and get it addressed as soon as possible.  By ''cannot  record in CinemaDNG'', you mean this format cannot be selected or is there any error message? Please provide the screenshot to me at your most convenience , we will try our best to help you out.
2017-6-19
Use props
alaskaphotograp
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-19 19:27
If I were in your position, I would feel the same way, sincerely apologize for all your unpleasant experience and inconvenience that has caused. I would forward all your dissatisfaction and frustration to our management department to follow up and improve our customer service.
May I have the case number? I will help to look into all the process and get it addressed as soon as possible.  By ''cannot  record in CinemaDNG'', you mean this format cannot be selected or is there any error message? Please provide the screenshot to me at your most convenience , we will try our best to help you out.

CAS-662590-G7Z5P7 and CAS-540924-K7Z2P7.

Error reads "Video Format not supported with the current Activation Key. Cannot record by SSD. Please visit http://www.dji.com to purchase."

This only happens with CinemaDNG and not 422HQ or 4444XQ formats...
2017-6-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

alaskaphotograp Posted at 2017-6-19 19:49
CAS-662590-G7Z5P7 and CAS-540924-K7Z2P7.

Error reads "Video Format not supported with the current Activation Key. Cannot record by SSD. Please visit http://www.dji.com to purchase."

Copy that. I have escalated your case to appropriate team to look into, we will have someone to contact you for details later, please sit tight while we review it, sincerely sorry for the all the troubles, we will help to get it sorted as soon as possible.
2017-6-19
Use props
alaskaphotograp
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-19 22:27
Copy that. I have escalated your case to appropriate team to look into, we will have someone to contact you for details later, please sit tight while we review it, sincerely sorry for the all the troubles, we will help to get it sorted as soon as possible.

And yesterday when tech support picked up to tell me it was quitting time and I told them my problem anyways, the guy assured me one of his supervisors would be calling me at 9 a.m. to sort this out. Well here it is 11a.m. and no phone call. I've have been assured and promise so many times by you guys it's a joke. 9 times out of twenty nothing ever happens like you guys assure it will...
2017-6-20
Use props
alaskaphotograp
lvl.1
United States

That's 19 times out of twenty, your assurances are never fulfilled.
2017-6-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

alaskaphotograp Posted at 2017-6-20 10:32
That's 19 times out of twenty, your assurances are never fulfilled.

I understand that you will take it with a grain of salt, but you will be hearing from someone soon to get this sorted. I'm unfortunately having a difficult time pulling this up this information, but did you initially get the ProRes+CinemaDNG package, or just DNG? I want to make sure I'm on the same page.
2017-6-20
Use props
Gumshoe
lvl.1

United States

I suspect that Customer Service Chat is run by bots.  I share your frustration.
2017-6-21
Use props
Gumshoe
lvl.1

United States

I have a similar complaint.  I purchased the I2 on Amazon and the DNG license last week from DJI, along with the SSD.  I used the DJI Assistant 2 and successfully loaded the license.  I then successfully formatted the SSD card.  When I tried to shoot video 422HQ i got the same warning - "Hi - I purchased and installed the DNG license with my new SSD. Assistant 2 says that the license is installed and I've successfully formatttted my SSD. Unfortunately when I try to shoot video I get the same message on my DJI Go App - "Warnings -  Video format not supported with the current activation key. Cannot record by SSD. Visit DJI.com to purchase."

I successfully reloaded my license using DJI Assistant 2 after successfully formatting the card.  Same failure...
2017-6-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Gumshoe Posted at 2017-6-21 12:55
I have a similar complaint.  I purchased the I2 on Amazon and the DNG license last week from DJI, along with the SSD.  I used the DJI Assistant 2 and successfully loaded the license.  I then successfully formatted the SSD card.  When I tried to shoot video 422HQ i got the same warning - "Hi - I purchased and installed the DNG license with my new SSD. Assistant 2 says that the license is installed and I've successfully formatttted my SSD. Unfortunately when I try to shoot video I get the same message on my DJI Go App - "Warnings -  Video format not supported with the current activation key. Cannot record by SSD. Visit DJI.com to purchase."

I successfully reloaded my license using DJI Assistant 2 after successfully formatting the card.  Same failure...

Gumshoe, sorry for the trouble caused, just to clarify, have your purchased of license key of  Apple ProRes or just the CinemaDNG? Can you shoot video of CinemaDNG format normally?
2017-6-21
Use props
Gumshoe
lvl.1

United States

Please see my response and screenshots.  I purchased using another email address that is not my DJI account.  Is that the hold up?  Check out my other post and screenshots of the error messages.
2017-6-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Gumshoe Posted at 2017-6-25 14:25
Please see my response and screenshots.  I purchased using another email address that is not my DJI account.  Is that the hold up?  Check out my other post and screenshots of the error messages.

Yes, have responded on your own thread.
2017-6-25
Use props
pratik2702
lvl.2
Flight distance : 112943 ft
  • >>>
India

I have exactly the same concern. I have purchased an activation key for 1300 USD. I am unable to record in CineDNG format with the error saying "video format not supported with current activation key. cannot record by ssd." This is frustrating.
2019-6-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

pratik2702 Posted at 6-14 04:05
I have exactly the same concern. I have purchased an activation key for 1300 USD. I am unable to record in CineDNG format with the error saying "video format not supported with current activation key. cannot record by ssd." This is frustrating.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. May we have your order number and the screenshot of error message for better assistance? Thanks in advance!
2019-6-15
Use props
pratik2702
lvl.2
  • >>>
India

DJI Susan Posted at 6-15 00:50
Sorry for the inconvenience caused. May we have your order number and the screenshot of error message for better assistance? Thanks in advance!

Order No.: 0010773891180
Error reads as: Video Format not supported with current activation key. Cannot record by SSD. Visit http://www.dji.com to purchase.
2019-6-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

pratik2702 Posted at 6-19 11:09
Order No.: 0010773891180
Error reads as: Video Format not supported with current activation key. Cannot record by SSD. Visit http://www.dji.com to purchase.

Received with thanks! I've forwarded to our engineers to check the exact status and will keep you updated.
2019-6-20
Use props
pratik2702
lvl.2
  • >>>
India

DJI Susan Posted at 6-20 01:17
Received with thanks! I've forwarded to our engineers to check the exact status and will keep you updated.

Hello Susan

I'll seem like a fool here...

I did the Licence Activation again and viola... everything works now....looks like I did something wrong the first time... but hey, thanks anyways for for your help. You may close this case for now.

Thanks again
2019-6-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

pratik2702 Posted at 6-20 04:44
Hello Susan

I'll seem like a fool here...

Thanks for keeping us updated. Glad to hear it works now. Wish you have a good time!
2019-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules