Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
how to charge spark's controller
57558 23 2017-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans63eb6c3c
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

I just received the Spark, after reading all the menus, I still cannot find instruction to charge the spark controller.
It seems there is a cable specially made for charging the controller ( which is missing). Its not the USB cable provided.
The USB cable is for charging the spark batteries.
Anybody please help????
2017-6-19
Use props
TechPreacher
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9275 ft
United Kingdom

Just plug in any Micro USB cable. The port is on the back of the controller.
2017-6-20
Use props
fans63eb6c3c
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

This TechPreacher for the advise. Is this micro USB cable not included in the package, and I have to buy it from electronic store?Seems I cannot find it in the DJI On-line store?
2017-6-20
Use props
fans63eb6c3c
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

The Spark Remote controller provided, the charging port on the remote controller it looks to me is not using micro USB cable.
2017-6-20
Use props
fans63eb6c3c
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

or charging.
2017-6-20
Use props
fans63eb6c3c
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Techpreacher, It's my mistake. I finally find out the cable dji provided is a micro USB cable and not the one we used to charge mobile phone cable. It's my mistake, sorry and thanks for your kind advise.
2017-6-20
Use props
marekmk7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 407247 ft
New Zealand

fans63eb6c3c Posted at 2017-6-20 02:19
Techpreacher, It's my mistake. I finally find out the cable dji provided is a micro USB cable and not the one we used to charge mobile phone cable. It's my mistake, sorry and thanks for your kind advise.

what are the light indication that the spark controller is charged? thank you
2017-9-20
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

marekmk7 Posted at 2017-9-20 15:00
what are the light indication that the spark controller is charged? thank you

The lights on the controller behave the same as the lights on the batteries.  They blink up one at a time (2, then 3, then 4) as they are charging.  Upon full charge, all lights stop blinking, and remain off.
2017-9-20
Use props
JohnRaggio
lvl.2
Flight distance : 30794 ft
United States

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-9-20 15:22
The lights on the controller behave the same as the lights on the batteries.  They blink up one at a time (2, then 3, then 4) as they are charging.  Upon full charge, all lights stop blinking, and remain off.

Can I charge the controller overnight without keeping an eye on it as we are supposed to do with the Spark batteries?  Is the RC battery also LiPo?
2018-1-26
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

I guess you can do that.
Mine switches off, stops charging, when full.
2018-1-26
Use props
Zbig
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7349 ft
Poland

JohnRaggio Posted at 2018-1-26 20:48
Can I charge the controller overnight without keeping an eye on it as we are supposed to do with the Spark batteries?  Is the RC battery also LiPo?

Yes, Spark's RC uses LiPo battery. As for the charging safety, it's no different to charging your smartphone: ideally, one should keep an eye on their devices being charged but realistically, it's hard to expect everyone doing that every time, all the time. Proper automatic charging termination is inherent to every good quality, properly designed Li-Po-powered product and Spark's RC is no differrent in that regard. Just don't use any cheap chargers or cables of dubious quality and you'll be fine.
2018-1-27
Use props
robnav
lvl.1
United States

I just got the controller because I wanted a little more than just the phone. My question is can I use the wall charger and cable that came with the Spark?
2018-2-2
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1082992 ft
Canada

Plug it in to a usb port using the included cable.
Happy Flying!
2018-2-2
Use props
Flighty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977175 ft
Croatia

robnav Posted at 2018-2-2 11:49
I just got the controller because I wanted a little more than just the phone. My question is can I use the wall charger and cable that came with the Spark?

Unfortunately the Spark charging cable does not fit into the RC charge point.
2018-2-2
Use props
Zbig
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7349 ft
Poland

Flighty Posted at 2018-2-2 23:49
Unfortunately the Spark charging cable does not fit into the RC charge point.

What are you talking about? Of course it does. You just have to be extra careful of which way you're inserting the plug as the RC USB socket is of the micro-AB type and we saw reports of people being able to force the microUSB cable plug wrong way around.

ADDED:
Unless you meant the Fly More Combo's power supply cable that goes into the charging hub - it that case it's a no-go, obviously. But I'm sure the question was about the USB cable that comes with Spark.
2018-2-3
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yeah, just ensure the micro USB is turned the right way before inserting into the RC.
2018-2-3
Use props
robnav
lvl.1
United States

Yea guys I was talking about the normal plug for Spark. It does work by the way..
2018-2-3
Use props
IFish4Tuna
New
United States

Hello - pardon the ignorance here. I'm a brand new out of the box user, and stumbled on this same problem.  And I am confused by the responses. The cable provided w/ the spark has beveled edge (top edge smaller than bottom edge).  The female port on the RC is rectangular (no beveled receiving edge).  In every product I have ever inserted the beveled edge of a micro usb into the receiving side is shaped to make it obvious how to insert.   Are you guys saying this RC is designed for the user to possibly put a male beveled edge in up side down?   

See attached images. They don't look like a match to me....

Does the smaller edge face up or down if this is indeed really the proper connector for the RC ????

Thanks in advance.
Ed
2018-6-18
Use props
IFish4Tuna
New
United States

Sorry 2nd picture of the spark's charget cable was bad image quality here is a better one.
2018-6-18
Use props
IFish4Tuna
New
United States

Well, never mind, I figured it out, I just had to break out a magnifying glass to pair up the receiving ends. I am still duped by the fact that the RC does not have beveled receiving edge....

2018-6-18
Use props
djiuser_OQ87w5hghtSE
lvl.1
United States

how to sark propeller holder
2018-9-22
Use props
fans5e1ddd5b
New

United States

IFish4Tuna Posted at 2018-6-18 17:56
Well, never mind, I figured it out, I just had to break out a magnifying glass to pair up the receiving ends. I am still duped by the fact that the RC does not have beveled receiving edge....

Hi, could you inform me of the answer?  I'm having the same issue.  Does the Spark RC charge with the beveled edge up or down?  Thank you.
2020-5-8
Use props
fans5e1ddd5b
New

United States

I can not get my DJI controller to charge with any of the many micro-USB cords I have.   Is there something wrong with the receiving port?  (Photo). Can anyone recommend where I can obtain or purchase the correct micro-USB to charge it?  Thanks.
2020-5-10
Use props
mathematics
New
United States

First time trying to use this after having purchased it years ago, I have to ask: Why was the charging port designed as a rectangle? Also, why does this controller start recharging after it has stopped?
2021-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules