Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
IMU Calibration Issue : Error Code -71
123Next >
25713 99 2017-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bluecycle
lvl.1
Indonesia

Hi there..

Since my DJI Spark Arrived to my address, I can't use it or fly it. Because there are issues for calibration process.
The notification says, "Main Controller Data Error" and when I started the Calibration Process, it never finished, even at first sequence.
And then a notification appear say "IMU 1: Calibration Failed. Automatic Orientation Error. (Error Code -71).

I also try to connect the drone with DJI Assistant 2 and factory Reset. After that, run update the latest firmware. But the error notification code -71 still there every time if I try to IMU Calibration. Stopped at first sequence

Does anyone had problem like this? Please help me for this issues, and what can I do to fix it. Because I need it for immediately.
Your reply would be appreciated. Thank you.

IMG_9829.PNG
IMG_9827.PNG
IMG_9829.PNG
IMG_9827.PNG
2017-6-20
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sounds like you received a lemon, contact support asap...
2017-6-20
Use props
Bluecycle
lvl.1
Indonesia

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-6-20 04:12
Sounds like you received a lemon, contact support asap...

thank you for the advice. I've already contact the support team. They ask me for do factory reset method. But not solved the problem.
2017-6-20
Use props
fansaa669bc9
New
United States

I have the same issue with no way to fix it yet.
2017-6-20
Use props
fansaa669bc9
New
United States

How did you do a hard reset?
2017-6-20
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bluecycle Posted at 2017-6-20 05:08
thank you for the advice. I've already contact the support team. They ask me for do factory reset method. But not solved the problem.

I guess you just hit the DJI QC lottery. Sorry.
2017-6-20
Use props
fansff2c63db
New
Flight distance : 106673 ft
Lithuania

Is there any solution yet besides sending it back? I have the excact same problem
2017-6-21
Use props
DatMeister
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2454 ft
United States

I had the same problem, IMU calibration failed. It would get stuck on step 2/6 along with a accelerometer failed notice. I did the downgrade on firmware, up grade the firmware and even did the factory rest default to no avail. Good news was I sent it back to DJI and less then 24hours of them receiving it I got an email stating they are shipping me a NEW unit.
2017-6-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

DatMeister Posted at 2017-6-21 13:12
I had the same problem, IMU calibration failed. It would get stuck on step 2/6 along with a accelerometer failed notice. I did the downgrade on firmware, up grade the firmware and even did the factory rest default to no avail. Good news was I sent it back to DJI and less then 24hours of them receiving it I got an email stating they are shipping me a NEW unit.

We feel very sorry for the inconvenience caused, glad to know you'll receive a  new one soon.
Would you please leave us your case number here so we can follow up it ? Thank you very much.
2017-6-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Bluecycle Posted at 2017-6-20 05:08

Sincerely sorry for this situation, may I know you got a case number to send it in or not? If so, what's your case number?
2017-6-22
Use props
fans0dcfc8d2
New
Flight distance : 2356 ft
United States

I am having the exact same issue. I posted in the forum and have received 0 response. http://forum.dji.com/thread-101438-1-1.html Did anyone figure out how to handle this?
2017-6-23
Use props
Cravenfan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125256 ft
United States

The issue for me and the Spark was not following the directions. Props off and then you have to put it on its side.  I thought it was still needing to be flat. Once I got that, I got by step 2.
2017-6-24
Use props
Bluecycle
lvl.1
Indonesia

Dear DJI Natalia,

I've already got my Case number from DJI Support Team. Which is CAS-729904-X1S0C6.
2017-6-24
Use props
Bluecycle
lvl.1
Indonesia

This is what I've got from DJI Support Team
IMG_9881.PNG
2017-6-24
Use props
Bluecycle
lvl.1
Indonesia

@fansaa669bc9 :
I'm sorry because too late answer your question.
You can download DJI Assistant 2 for windows. And connect the drone to your computer. There are obvious instruction in the software
2017-6-24
Use props
fansaa669bc9
New
United States

@Bluecycle
I figured that part out after talking to tech support for 2 hours and did not help at all. I had to wait 2 days to get a return label and not they wont receive till late next week. and im guessing im 2-3 weeks before i see the SPARK i preorder mid May. This really sucks and the worst thing is the customer service we get after spending hundreds/thousands on products. This will be the last time I buy direct from DJI.
2017-6-25
Use props
fans87474e04
New
Iran

I have same problem what should i do now?
2017-6-29
Use props
DatMeister
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2454 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-6-22 01:58
Sincerely sorry for this situation, may I know you got a case number to send it in or not? If so, what's your case number?

Thanks but DJI just sent me a brand new sealed in box replacement. Awesome work guys!!!!!!
2017-6-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans87474e04 Posted at 2017-6-29 09:44
I have same problem what should i do now?

It is a brand new and you never flew it, right?
What is the error code on the screen? If you tried to do it for several times as the instructions popping up on screen, then it needs to be sent in for evaluation, really sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2017-6-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Bluecycle Posted at 2017-6-24 18:38
Dear DJI Natalia,

I've already got my Case number from DJI Support Team. Which is CAS-729904-X1S0C6.

I just checked your case, may I know you have sent it in or not? If yes, please leave me your tracking number so I can help you update the info into your case, thanks.
2017-6-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fansaa669bc9 Posted at 2017-6-25 20:46
@Bluecycle
I figured that part out after talking to tech support for 2 hours and did not help at all. I had to wait 2 days to get a return label and not they wont receive till late next week. and im guessing im 2-3 weeks before i see the SPARK i preorder mid May. This really sucks and the worst thing is the customer service we get after spending hundreds/thousands on products. This will be the last time I buy direct from DJI.

We totally understand how you feel, I would feel the same as you if I were in your position, really sorry for the inconvenience caused.
May we have your case number so we can check the status and try our best to help you out?
2017-6-30
Use props
fans0e79bb43
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Same problem. I have reset, reformatted, upgraded, downgraded, refreshed the firmware a couple of times, but still getting the error -71 code. DJI support not great. If anyone has tried the DJI Assistant 2 on Mac, you'll know it is horrendous, kind of like the, 'HoRNDIS', app that you have to install with it... I mean, they even called it Horrendous, just spelt badly. After talking to the online support guys for a few hours I got nowhere and they finally gave me an email address to email my problem to, so they can get it sent in for diagnostics. Now have to wait until Monday before I hear anything from them.

I am demanding a full refund from DJI. Why should I now have to wait an additional period of time just because I preordered it from the DJI site, which they sent me a faulty unit, for them to take it a part and assess it, then send it back to me. There should be no question, a new unit or full refund. Last time I buy anything direct from DJI.

Not fair, DJI. Not fair at all.

Oh, and I am going travelling, starting next week. Now with no drone. Cheers.
2017-7-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans0e79bb43 Posted at 2017-7-1 04:29
Same problem. I have reset, reformatted, upgraded, downgraded, refreshed the firmware a couple of times, but still getting the error -71 code. DJI support not great. If anyone has tried the DJI Assistant 2 on Mac, you'll know it is horrendous, kind of like the, 'HoRNDIS', app that you have to install with it... I mean, they even called it Horrendous, just spelt badly. After talking to the online support guys for a few hours I got nowhere and they finally gave me an email address to email my problem to, so they can get it sent in for diagnostics. Now have to wait until Monday before I hear anything from them.

I am demanding a full refund from DJI. Why should I now have to wait an additional period of time just because I preordered it from the DJI site, which they sent me a faulty unit, for them to take it a part and assess it, then send it back to me. There should be no question, a new unit or full refund. Last time I buy anything direct from DJI.

Deeply sorry for the problem you're faced with, we sympathize with your situation.
Since it's brand new and you have tried all the basic troubleshooting, then it needs to be sent in for repair or replacement.
May I have the e-mail address you used to contact our support? We'd love to help you get it addressed soon.
2017-7-3
Use props
Bluecycle
lvl.1
Indonesia

@DJI Natalia:

I've already sent my unit with DHL delivery service. Tracking number : 9412403722. And I've spend IDR 1.457.064 (US$112) for shipping cost to your address.
very disappointing for that.
Is this worthed for people who love DJI product and spend money for early DJI product launching?

2017-7-3
Use props
fans0e79bb43
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-3 02:12
Deeply sorry for the problem you're faced with, we sympathize with your situation.
Since it's brand new and you have tried all the basic troubleshooting, then it needs to be sent in for repair or replacement.
May I have the e-mail address you used to contact our support? We'd love to help you get it addressed soon.

I am getting a refund. It is being shipped back to DJI in the morning.
2017-7-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Bluecycle Posted at 2017-7-3 06:10
@DJI Natalia:

I've already sent my unit with DHL delivery service. Tracking number : 9412403722. And I've spend IDR 1.457.064 (US$112) for shipping cost to your address.

We totally understand how you feel, deeply apologize for the difficulties you're experiencing.
We'll take care of it for you after it arrives.
Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time.
Please click on "Reply" button here so I can get a remind, thank you very much.
2017-7-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans0e79bb43 Posted at 2017-7-4 04:39
I am getting a refund. It is being shipped back to DJI in the morning.

Thank you for your update, we feel very sorry again for the trouble caused.
2017-7-4
Use props
Bluecycle
lvl.1
Indonesia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-4 18:36
We totally understand how you feel, deeply apologize for the difficulties you're experiencing.
We'll take care of it for you after it arrives.
Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time.

is DJI have compensation policy for my case, because I've already spend over US$100 for delivery cost to your address? It's a lot for me.
2017-7-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Bluecycle Posted at 2017-7-4 22:40
is DJI have compensation policy for my case, because I've already spend over US$100 for delivery cost to your address? It's a lot for me.

Please provide me your case number, it is like CAS-xxxxxx-xxxxxx.
I'll check with the designated team to see whether we could do something for you to make things better, then keep you updated, thanks.
2017-7-5
Use props
fansaa669bc9
New
United States

CAS-732786-T7Y8V7

My Timeline with DJI SPARK

May 26 Paid full price for preorder
26 days later
June 21 I received SPARK

June 21-22-23 3 days on the phonr with DJI trying to make my SPARK work---NO LUCK
SEND IT IN THEY SAID...

2 days to get a return label via email... "2 days"

June 30th DJI received my SPARK

TODAY July 5th
16 days after i received my preorder spark I still dont know where is my replacement or when im getting it back.

At this point I just want my money back.

16 days and counting........
2017-7-5
Use props
Bluecycle
lvl.1
Indonesia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-5 02:50
Please provide me your case number, it is like CAS-xxxxxx-xxxxxx.
I'll check with the designated team to see whether we could do something for you to make things better, then keep you updated, thanks.

my case number is CAS-729904-X1S0C6.
can you please kindly send me a good one product immediately. Because I need it for my travel and my work.

Pre order, get a new product in more than 30 days, the product arrived, but customer cannot use it at all. and spend over US$100 to send back to the seller and still wait for the repair process. My travel and work which I planned before. It messy. It's very not Fair for me. Disappointing.

is any  compensation policy from DJI for that case???
2017-7-5
Use props
mrey
New

United States

I am also in the same boat. Pre-ordered and received with IMU calibration errors. Spent hours troubleshooting and spent more with tech support. They told me to send it back for exchange. It's been a few weeks and I still didn't receive a shipment date. I was supposed to travel with it last week.

Now I just want a refund and they are denying me since they said it's been over 14 days? WTF DJI? What kind of scammers are you? You send us a defective product and you deny refunds?

UNACCEPTABLE! Never again!
2017-7-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fansaa669bc9 Posted at 2017-7-5 16:19
CAS-732786-T7Y8V7

My Timeline with DJI SPARK

We apologize for the difficulties you're experiencing, this situation has filled us regret.
The replacement has been approved, it should be shipped out soon, I have informed the local designated team to escalate your case as well, will try our best to help you get it back soon.
2017-7-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

mrey Posted at 2017-7-5 17:41
I am also in the same boat. Pre-ordered and received with IMU calibration errors. Spent hours troubleshooting and spent more with tech support. They told me to send it back for exchange. It's been a few weeks and I still didn't receive a shipment date. I was supposed to travel with it last week.

Now I just want a refund and they are denying me since they said it's been over 14 days? WTF DJI? What kind of scammers are you? You send us a defective product and you deny refunds?

May I have your case number? Sorry for the inconvenience caused, we'd love to escalate it for you.
2017-7-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Bluecycle Posted at 2017-7-5 17:02
my case number is CAS-729904-X1S0C6.
can you please kindly send me a good one product immediately. Because I need it for my travel and my work.  

Thanks, I have forwarded your concern to our appropriate department, please wait patiently, appreciate your support!
2017-7-6
Use props
mrey
New

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-6 01:12
May I have your case number? Sorry for the inconvenience caused, we'd love to escalate it for you.

CAS-723123-F5R2W5
2017-7-6
Use props
Bluecycle
lvl.1
Indonesia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-6 01:14
Thanks, I have forwarded your concern to our appropriate department, please wait patiently, appreciate your support!

okay.. thank you for your help.
But first of all i am so curious can i get any compensation policy for my case? because it's makes me feel so disappointing with your prepaid order service. I need your quick respond with my complaining.
Can you send me the new Unit with good quality and condition for replace the old unit.
And you should to give me refund for my delivery cost for sending back the broken unit to your country.

I think that is the best solution for me.
Could you please send me a good news soon.

Regards
case number CAS-729904-X1S0C6
2017-7-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

I just checked your case, the replacement has been approved, it will be shipped out soon.
I have also reported your concern to the local designated team, will look into it and contact you for an update, sorry for your experience.
2017-7-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Bluecycle Posted at 2017-7-6 16:59
okay.. thank you for your help.
But first of all i am so curious can i get any compensation policy for my case? because it's makes me feel so disappointing with your prepaid order service. I need your quick respond with my complaining.
Can you send me the new Unit with good quality and condition for replace the old unit.

We have forwarded your concern to the designated team, I just checked the case again, our e-mail support is following up your case recently, please feel free to reply the e-mail at any time.
Hope everything will be sorted out soon.
Have a great day!
2017-7-7
Use props
mrey
New

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-7 04:21
I just checked your case, the replacement has been approved, it will be shipped out soon.
I have also reported your concern to the local designated team, will look into it and contact you for an update, sorry for your experience.

After dealing with all these issues, I don't want a replacement anymore. I just want a refund. I've talked to several tech support/customer rep and they have given me the run-around trying to get a refund.

If this is how DJI treats it's customers, then I don't want to own their product.

2017-7-7
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules