123Next >
25788 99 2017-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1f650493
New
United States

mrey Posted at 2017-7-7 05:46
After dealing with all these issues, I don't want a replacement anymore. I just want a refund. I've talked to several tech support/customer rep and they have given me the run-around trying to get a refund.

If this is how DJI treats it's customers, then I don't want to own their product.

I have the same error. Support team told 2 days a go that I will gonna get an email with my case number, I still dont have one. Today I contact them and the said the same, in 48 hour i will have a case number to start a replacement process.

What is wrong with this company?
2017-7-7
Use props
StacheWorks
lvl.1
United States

Im having the same problem. Just received my Spark today and spent all day trying to calibrate the imu. Sometimes I get an error 71, and sometimes its error 50. Either way, I'm REALLY disappointed. Does anyone have a fix for this? I hate to send it back to them. I just got it!  I had to email support, because its after hours and I couldnt chat with anyone about it. ARGGGGG!!!!!
2017-7-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fans1f650493 Posted at 2017-7-7 10:54
I have the same error. Support team told 2 days a go that I will gonna get an email with my case number, I still dont have one. Today I contact them and the said the same, in 48 hour i will have a case number to start a replacement process.

What is wrong with this company?

This situation has filled me with regret.
If you have not received the e-mail with case number, please PM me the phone number and e-mail address you used to contact support so we can look into what happened and help you receive an update soon, appreciate your patience!
2017-7-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

mrey Posted at 2017-7-7 05:46
After dealing with all these issues, I don't want a replacement anymore. I just want a refund. I've talked to several tech support/customer rep and they have given me the run-around trying to get a refund.

If this is how DJI treats it's customers, then I don't want to own their product.

We do understand how you feel, sorry about that.
The supervisor called you to explain that, and will try our best to speed up the DOA process so you can get it back soon.
Thank you so much for your understanding and support!
2017-7-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

StacheWorks Posted at 2017-7-7 18:17
Im having the same problem. Just received my Spark today and spent all day trying to calibrate the imu. Sometimes I get an error 71, and sometimes its error 50. Either way, I'm REALLY disappointed. Does anyone have a fix for this? I hate to send it back to them. I just got it!  I had to email support, because its after hours and I couldnt chat with anyone about it. ARGGGGG!!!!!

Sorry to tell you that the drone needs to be sent in since you got the error -71, it cannot be calibrated.
The e-mail support will reply you the instruction to send it in, please wait patiently.
I'm sincerely sorry for the trouble caused.
2017-7-7
Use props
fans392a7bc2
lvl.1
United States

Very disappointed! I think I am one of the unlucky guy here. Pre-ordered month ago, just got the drone today, spent hours to calibrate the imu and keep getting error - 71. I haven't contact tech support yet but just by reading at this forum I am very disappointed. I can't believe I have to wait again and my travel plan got ruined.
2017-7-7
Use props
StacheWorks
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-7 18:44
Sorry to tell you that the drone needs to be sent in since you got the error -71, it cannot be calibrated.
The e-mail support will reply you the instruction to send it in, please wait patiently.
I'm sincerely sorry for the trouble caused.

I appreciate you getting back to me. Just very disappointed. I have a big family event in a week, and I planned on capturing some great shots with it.
2017-7-7
Use props
fans1714daa2
New
United Kingdom

I have the exact same issue as many people in this thread: Brand new Spark, trying to calibrate the IMU, FAILED. I've tried everything (firmware updates, restarting, different environments).

Every single time I get "Error Code 50" on the first step of calibration. Nothing works and I can't use it at all. To say I'm frustrated after spending this much money is a ridiculous understatement.

What can I do?

2017-7-9
Use props
Bluecycle
lvl.1
Indonesia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-7 04:29
We have forwarded your concern to the designated team, I just checked the case again, our e-mail support is following up your case recently, please feel free to reply the e-mail at any time.
Hope everything will be sorted out soon.
Have a great day!

Dear DJI Natalia

I have read your email, in my case you gave me rejected project !!!
Why you gave me this statement :

"2. Please note that we cannot take responsibility for any costs, such as customs clearance and postage, incurred as a result of the uses made of your incorrect information."

I already double pay for received and resend back your product !! and you ask me for pay another customs clearance which is your responsibility ?!! I should not to pay that cost.

I wish you can solve my case with good solution. This is my bad experience shopping online with you.
2017-07-11_09-34-12.jpg
2017-7-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans392a7bc2 Posted at 2017-7-7 19:21
Very disappointed! I think I am one of the unlucky guy here. Pre-ordered month ago, just got the drone today, spent hours to calibrate the imu and keep getting error - 71. I haven't contact tech support yet but just by reading at this forum I am very disappointed. I can't believe I have to wait again and my travel plan got ruined.

I sympathize with your situation, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Since we are not able to get it resolved remotely, the drone needs to be sent in for service.
Please feel free to contact the support to get a case number, they will guide you to send it in.
2017-7-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans1714daa2 Posted at 2017-7-9 06:54
I have the exact same issue as many people in this thread: Brand new Spark, trying to calibrate the IMU, FAILED. I've tried everything (firmware updates, restarting, different environments).

Every single time I get "Error Code 50" on the first step of calibration. Nothing works and I can't use it at all. To say I'm frustrated after spending this much money is a ridiculous understatement.

Sorry, the pictures you uploaded is invisible , please click on "Advanced"-"Picture" -"upload" to try again.
Since you got the error code 50, we need flight data to locate the issue.
Here are the instructions:
1. Download the Assistant 2 from DJI official Spark website page, install it.
2. Connect the drone to your PC, run Assistant 2, then click "black box", you can get the file.
3. Then click "Upload Data--Confirm", choose the log which showing the accident, and export it.
Please upload both files to Dropbox and post the link here, thanks.
2017-7-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Bluecycle Posted at 2017-7-10 19:19
Dear DJI Natalia

I have read your email, in my case you gave me rejected project !!!

I am trying my best to help you after hearing your report, I really understand how you feel.
We have a support who is following up your case recently.
For customs clearance, please send an e-mail to support@dji.com for help, thanks.
2017-7-10
Use props
fans392a7bc2
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-10 23:08
I sympathize with your situation, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Since we are not able to get it resolved remotely, the drone needs to be sent in for service.
Please feel free to contact the support to get a case number, they will guide you to send it in.

my case number is: CAS-782231-M2R7G2 
2017-7-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans392a7bc2 Posted at 2017-7-11 20:03
my case number is: CAS-782231-M2R7G2 

Thanks, I just checked your case, you have not sent it in.
Just to verify, did you receive the shipping label? If so, please send it in at your most convenience, we'll take care of it for you!
2017-7-12
Use props
Haboosh
New
Israel

This is outrages.
Apperantly dji have this issue with too many units.
I have the same problem as you guys. But unfortunately, even tho the unit came defected out of the box, dji doesn't take responsibility and because I bought it online from China, they said I need to send it fixed myself, and pay for the fix.
What the hell dji???
Instead of offering a compensation for a known issue they have or call a recall they don't even care.
I'm guessing no one here was able to fix this problem without getting a new unit (by sending it and waiting long time for a new one)one.
Dji needs to realize that there is a real problem with their units. At least support the ones who got it!!
Shame
2017-7-14
Use props
Haboosh
New
Israel

Guys,
Those sympathy by dji natalya is not enough. People here are throwing money on the product, get a defected unit out of the box and later need to pay more money to deliver the unit and wait for a replacement for weeks.

I suggest 2 things:
1. As a journalist (online and tv)covering tech news, I'm working on an item regarding those core problems dji has.
I am using your complaints and I would appreciate if you guys approach me on my email to give me more info.
Besides this problem I have some leads complaining about sparks falling out of the skies.
Please contact me at
Eli@htmobile.co.I'll

2. On a more private note, I suggest taking legal actions. Dji have a problem with too many units.  They should have call for a recall or at least lay out a proper replacement procedure and even compensation.
Again, reach out to me on my email.

In a more personal note I must state that after more than 20 years in the business,  this is the first time I'm encountering with this sort of bad support for a defected series of units.
Shame
2017-7-14
Use props
Haboosh
New
Israel

Correct email:
Eli@htmobile.co.il
Or
Eli@HTmag.co.il
2017-7-14
Use props
fans392a7bc2
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-12 18:27
Thanks, I just checked your case, you have not sent it in.
Just to verify, did you receive the shipping label? If so, please send it in at your most convenience, we'll take care of it for you!

another week passed, I still have not received my shipping label.
2017-7-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans392a7bc2 Posted at 2017-7-17 03:45
another week passed, I still have not received my shipping label.

I just checked your case, the support created the shipping label a week ago, you never receive the e-mail, right?
Please help me confirm you provide us correct e-mail address (drewlin@me.com).
Have you checked the junk mail as well?
2017-7-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Haboosh Posted at 2017-7-14 06:49
This is outrages.
Apperantly dji have this issue with too many units.
I have the same problem as you guys. But unfortunately, even tho the unit came defected out of the box, dji doesn't take responsibility and because I bought it online from China, they said I need to send it fixed myself, and pay for the fix.

We feel sorry if any trouble caused, we'd love to help you if you have any issues with our products.
Since we do not provide international warranty, to repair it under warranty, you need send the drone in to China by yourself. I.png
2017-7-17
Use props
fansf5f72c0a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2989 ft
India

I fixed this myself
IMG_3595.PNG
IMG_3624.PNG
2017-7-22
Use props
fansd8f50535
New

United States

IMU 1:Calibration failed. Automatic orientation error. (Error code -71) I SOLVED IT!! Trust me! Save yourself time and money... SLAP the drone Hard with your hand on the side and top a few times to "unstuck" the pendulum in the accelerometer ... It worked for me.. no harm in trying.. it's not a software fault but rather hardware...
2017-7-26
Use props
eylneb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122477 ft
Malaysia

how did you fix it?
2017-8-1
Use props
Rawsome
Second Officer
Flight distance : 230827 ft
  • >>>
Canada

The instructions aren't very clear, you have to turn the spark on to the 2 props having the other two pointing up!
Than rotate as instructed always with 2 props up.
Took me some time to figure it out
2017-8-1
Use props
STech - Hathder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459094 ft
Brazil

fansd8f50535 Posted at 2017-7-26 23:20
IMU 1:Calibration failed. Automatic orientation error. (Error code -71) I SOLVED IT!! Trust me! Save yourself time and money... SLAP the drone Hard with your hand on the side and top a few times to "unstuck" the pendulum in the accelerometer ... It worked for me.. no harm in trying.. it's not a software fault but rather hardware...

This is a commom fix for some phantom 3 with same stuck imu problems. SLAP FIX.  GooD to remember, 2 years ago i have to do this with my old phantom 3 standard that had the same problem.
2017-8-1
Use props
Zirconn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 242920 ft
Romania

STech - Hathder Posted at 2017-8-1 10:27
This is a commom fix for some phantom 3 with same stuck imu problems. SLAP FIX.  GooD to remember, 2 years ago i have to do this with my old phantom 3 standard that had the same problem.

I'm not really sure I'd trust a sensor that was fixed by slapping
Did yours keep working after that ?
2017-8-1
Use props
STech - Hathder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459094 ft
Brazil

Zirconn Posted at 2017-8-1 11:32
I'm not really sure I'd trust a sensor that was fixed by slapping
Did yours keep working after that ?

Yes, worked like a charm. But i understand your mistrust.

In my case, i live in Brazil and DJI drones are not officially sold here, so 99% of DJI drones are illegally imported, basically whe dont have any warranty.

Its a problem when a Drone ( SPARK!) are having hundreds of serious problems, so whe dont have any other alternative than the SLAP FIX or other uncommon solutions, DJI warranty its not a alternative if you live here. =/
2017-8-2
Use props
fanse247156e
New
United States

I have the same issue - gave the spark to my son for his birthday Monday and now it's Wednesday and doesn't work after the third time flying it and customer service will not replace it because I bought it and had it in the box for over 2 weeks. They will on honor a 14 day replacement time frame
2017-8-2
Use props
fanse247156e
New
United States

fanse247156e Posted at 2017-8-2 20:24
I have the same issue - gave the spark to my son for his birthday Monday and now it's Wednesday and doesn't work after the third time flying it and customer service will not replace it because I bought it and had it in the box for over 2 weeks. They will on honor a 14 day replacement time frame

This is the worst customer service ever
2017-8-2
Use props
fans392a7bc2
lvl.1
United States

Can you check where is my replacement? My case number is CAS-782231-M2R7G2 it has been a while now since I sent it back
2017-8-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans392a7bc2 Posted at 2017-8-14 17:29
Can you check where is my replacement? My case number is CAS-782231-M2R7G2 it has been a while now since I sent it back

We feel very sorry for the delay in replacement process, I have reported your case to the local designated team, will try our best to expedite the process so you can receive it soon.
2017-8-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fanse247156e Posted at 2017-8-2 20:24

We totally understand how you feel, sorry for this situation, while based on the after-sales policy, the replacement period should be within fifteen (15) calendar days of receiving the product.
You have sent it in for service, right? May I have your case number so I can help you check the status? Re.png

2017-8-19
Use props
fansf4a44ac5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105256 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This has started happening to me today, I have main controller data error with an error in the IMU I am unable to calibrate the IMU usually failing on stage 1 with an error 50 or error 71. I have dropped support an email seeking advice, I have already updated firmwares and attempted a factory reset, still the problem persists. I am guessing from this thread that this problem is hardware and not software?

cheers
2017-8-21
Use props
Rawsome
Second Officer
Flight distance : 230827 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Guys its not so difficult, I understand that the instructions aren't very clear but there are tons of threads and videos on the internets - if one knows how to use google.

also this has been posted multiple times on this forum.
2017-8-21
Use props
chopples
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105256 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi mate not sure why you have posted the tutorial again? As you have stated the info is out there.

My drone is unable to fly upon startup I have a data controller error, it states I need to calibrate the imu and compass. If I calibrate the compass it says complete then in dji go still says it needs doing, if I attempt to calibrate the imu it fails to get out of stage 1 (on a flat surface) and throws back an error. I have attempted factory resets, firmware upgrades etc etc and nothing appears to work

Cheers
2017-8-21
Use props
Lukman0909
lvl.1
Indonesia

I have same problem about data controller error, needto calibrate the imu after my spark crash,I attempt to calibrate IMU again and again but fails show error code-50. After SLAP the drone hard with my hand , trying to calibrate IMU again  I dont believe it work trust me
IMG_0187.PNG
IMG_0188.PNG
2017-8-30
Use props
Lukman0909
lvl.1
Indonesia

And my drone working again
2017-8-30
Use props
Lukman0909
lvl.1
Indonesia

Look it the drone return  normal again
IMG_0190.PNG
IMG_0189.PNG
2017-8-30
Use props
fansbcfb5f15
New
Germany

So i got my new DJI Spark DOA with IMU Calibration Error -71. I tried reinstalling Firmware, factory reset, fridge for 12 hours and hitting and slapping it but i still get the error. Do i really have to send it back or is there a other (maybe software-based) fix for the problem?   I really want to fly this little thing but its just a little blinking piece of plastic.
2017-8-31
Use props
eylneb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122477 ft
Malaysia

fansbcfb5f15 Posted at 2017-8-31 01:44
So i got my new DJI Spark DOA with IMU Calibration Error -71. I tried reinstalling Firmware, factory reset, fridge for 12 hours and hitting and slapping it but i still get the error. Do i really have to send it back or is there a other (maybe software-based) fix for the problem?   I really want to fly this little thing but its just a little blinking piece of plastic.

try knocking it on a hard surface & all the sides
if still doesnt work send it back
2017-8-31
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules