Crashed Yet? I have.
1833 12 2017-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
704aerials
lvl.1
United States

So who all has crashed the Spark already?!? I did the second day of ownership, right in to the side of my house. It was pilot error as I was trying to land on my trashcan lid which was directly beside the house. What I learned is using my iPhone 7+ as the controller (no DJI controller yet, on order) having to make minute adjustments is a bit tricky.
The Spark props were the only damage. Those things are like thick cardstock paper. Not much to them. The rest of the drone is robust!

2017-6-20
Use props
aviscomi
lvl.3

United States

The virtual joysticks suck on any drone.  I used them on a Parrot years ago and it was disastrous.
2017-6-20
Use props
cmalinowski
lvl.1
United States

I find it really hard to fly with the phone.  I like the controller.  I haven't crashed it yet, but I did do a palm launch while I was over a table.  It immediately flew up to the ceiling trying to get height   Was pretty funny.  I realized two things:
  1. It was nice to have the phone on to take control
  2. I didn't realize why it was heading to the ceiling at first and did it again.  I grabbed it the second time and just turned it upside down to shut it off.

I'm new to drones in general.  I purchased the P3S a couple months ago for the very reason that I figured I would probably destroy it while learning, so it was good to go good AND cheap   I haven't destroyed P3S yet, but that's because it appears to be pretty tough   I have needed to order replacement parts, though.
2017-6-20
Use props
42green
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3323 ft
United States

No crash. One close call though. I was starting to test out functions and tried the tap fly. I had it pointed into my neighbors yard and tapped on a point that looked halfway in the yard. Not exactly sure what happened after I tapped go, but it kept going towards their fence and a tree. I was slow to react and expected obstacle avoidance to stop it but I started to hear the leaves getting chopped up by the props. I'm not sure if I tapped anything to stop but I got control back and flew it out of the branches. Stayed in the air the whole time and did not damage anything. Sadly I wasn't recording at the time or else it would have made for a nice fail video...
2017-6-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You have to keep your eyes on this little Pocket Rocket especially in sport mode.
2017-6-20
Use props
GCBrent
lvl.3
Flight distance : 66286 ft
Australia

Yep, crashed into a tree due to the sucky virtual sticks. Prop damage but all else was good.
2017-6-20
Use props
fans1e71c6dd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1742 ft
Ireland

Yeah crashed into a tree trying out dronie.it was supposed to gain altitude as it flew back.but it didn't. Flew straight into a tree
2017-6-20
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Glad your drone did not get hurt. Once you get the remote, you can then have a strong control on the Spark.
2017-6-20
Use props
aviscomi
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-6-20 14:12
Glad your drone did not get hurt. Once you get the remote, you can then have a strong control on the Spark.

Really?...Best response I've seen in a while.
2017-6-20
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

In the mean time whilst waiting for the controller, it may be worth giving these a go http://amzn.to/2tqtcnQ touchscreen joysticks
2017-6-20
Use props
GCBrent
lvl.3
Australia

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-6-20 14:12

Thanks. Yes cant wait for the fly-more pack to arrive! Virtual controls are good for newbies but I want more control and sport mode (as well as the distance!).
2017-6-20
Use props
GCBrent
lvl.3
Australia

Bradders Posted at 2017-6-20 14:42
In the mean time whilst waiting for the controller, it may be worth giving these a go http://amzn.to/2tqtcnQ touchscreen joysticks

It would equal the same thing though. It isn't just the feel of the sticks but also the increased rates. Even using them I would be disappointed. Hopefully my flymore isn't far away!!!
2017-6-20
Use props
aviscomi
lvl.3

United States

Bradders Posted at 2017-6-20 14:42

Man, wish I would have known of these years ago.  Would have save my Parrot from some nasty crashes.
2017-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules