1650 13 2017-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AndyP.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3738274 ft
  • >>>
United States

So i just got my Phantom 4 Pro+ back and the DJI GO 4 app is in chinese mode and i am unable to download the North American maps and im unable to download them as it is only showing the download of the chinese maps. and its making me nervous to fly my Phantom because I cant tell where it is on the map, and I've tried to change the language settings but it was already in english mode.

NOTICE: I fixed this by resetting the controller to default by using the backup and reset function built into android
2017-6-20
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

anyone help please
2017-6-20
Use props
Dav 0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 277585 ft

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2017-6-20
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Dav 0 Posted at 2017-6-20 15:25
**** The posts are shielded ****

what the heck?
2017-6-20
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Also its specifically the map in the app thats stuck in chinese.
2017-6-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Do you mean you got the RC from repair like this? Good to see you were able to get it sorted.
2017-6-20
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-20 19:40
Do you mean you got the RC from repair like this? Good to see you were able to get it sorted.

Yes I did get it from repair like that. and i talked with the text chat line last night and they wanted me to first try and connect it to DJI assistant 2 which didn't work or show up in the software, then they recommended sending it in, which i was unwilling to do as I JUST got my Phantom back. you might want to suggest the backup & reset function in android as a troubleshooting step the technical support team for the P4P+ controller with screen.
2017-6-21
Use props
lefty23
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1657625 ft
Canada

I just updated my firmware and the maps I downloaded are now gone.  Just the Chinese maps.  Once again, does DJI not test firmware before releasing?
2017-6-23
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

lefty23 Posted at 2017-6-23 19:25
I just updated my firmware and the maps I downloaded are now gone.  Just the Chinese maps.  Once again, does DJI not test firmware before releasing?

If you just updated your firmware, it often resets many of your settings, load the maps again.
2017-6-23
Use props
lefty23
lvl.2
Canada

Geebax Posted at 2017-6-23 19:33
If you just updated your firmware, it often resets many of your settings, load the maps again.

I would if I could.  The only maps available are Chinese maps.  Loading north American maps are not available.
2017-6-23
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

lefty23 Posted at 2017-6-23 19:54
I would if I could.  The only maps available are Chinese maps.  Loading north American maps are not available.

You may have to have the aircraft switched on and connected so it works out where your location is. The other thing is to set your location in the app, I don't know where to find it, but it has been mentioned recently on here.

2017-6-23
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

lefty23 Posted at 2017-6-23 19:25

READ THE NOTICE, i fixed it
2017-6-24
Use props
lefty23
lvl.2
Canada

Andy, thanks for the tip.  And yes, I did read it.  Wiping your controller (and everything in it) is not an optimal solution.  That's the easy way out like re-formatting a computer.  This shouldn't have happened in the first place.  If more than one person is getting it, it's not a user error.

This firmware update has also caused other issues including  interference errors and range limitations.  My earlier point goes to DJi regarding extensive testing.  I've owned the P2, P3 and now this.  We are their beta testers and it's incredibly frustrating.  
2017-6-24
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

lefty23 Posted at 2017-6-24 17:52
Andy, thanks for the tip.  And yes, I did read it.  Wiping your controller (and everything in it) is not an optimal solution.  That's the easy way out like re-formatting a computer.  This shouldn't have happened in the first place.  If more than one person is getting it, it's not a user error.

This firmware update has also caused other issues including  interference errors and range limitations.  My earlier point goes to DJi regarding extensive testing.  I've owned the P2, P3 and now this.  We are their beta testers and it's incredibly frustrating.

I agree with everything you said
2017-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules