730 5 2017-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
garyphayes
lvl.3
Flight distance : 27840676 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Using my Mavic today I noticed two odd RTH things I had not noticed before - not sure if they are .800 updates? These may be 101 things, as I generally manually land 90% of the time now anyhow and don't use it that much...

1 On auto take off it updated it's home point and I checked the precision landing option and it went up to 6m hover. Is this new, sure it had been 2m before. I know it says in the app text, but...

2 Again testing RTH from flight, I asked it to land, with the slider vs the button. A message popped up temporarily about being within the landing distance already (as I had manually flown it close at 20m or so) but I missed all the message, and it then started to head away from me at a slow speed...I stopped it moving away as I had no idea if it was about do a flyaway. Was it just moving outside the area so it could move back in? Seems odd with GPS lock and 20 satellites!

Cheers
2017-6-20
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

On the auto takeoff you have two options. The normal takeoff will go to about 1.2 mts but if you checked the box for precision takeoff then it will rise to 6 mts.
In your second one, I have no idea why it started to move away unless it had the incorrect home point. Normally if it is within 20 mts of the home point then it will just fly to the home point but its height at the time will also be taken into account. Refer to page 16 of the manual.
I can understand if it started to climb but not fly away unless the home point was off.
2017-6-20
Use props
garyphayes
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-6-20 22:18
On the auto takeoff you have two options. The normal takeoff will go to about 1.2 mts but if you checked the box for precision takeoff then it will rise to 6 mts.
In your second one, I have no idea why it started to move away unless it had the incorrect home point. Normally if it is within 20 mts of the home point then it will just fly to the home point but its height at the time will also be taken into account. Refer to page 16 of the manual.
I can understand if it started to climb but not fly away unless the home point was off.

Thanks re: part 2. Will have to replicate the situation again tomorrow and do a data trace as it was a little worrying...
2017-6-21
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3738274 ft
  • >>>
United States

the 6m height was there before from what i've experianced
2017-6-21
Use props
garyphayes
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

AndyP. Posted at 2017-6-21 16:15
the 6m height was there before from what i've experianced

It was a little odd, I am sure I have clicked precision landing a few times in the past and it hasn't gone up to 6m? Always get concerned when the behaviour is different than previous flights
2017-6-21
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3738274 ft
  • >>>
United States

garyphayes Posted at 2017-6-21 21:34
It was a little odd, I am sure I have clicked precision landing a few times in the past and it hasn't gone up to 6m? Always get concerned when the behaviour is different than previous flights

Yeah, i can understand that.
2017-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules