Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Brand New Mavic Update bricked battery.
2315 11 2017-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eethon
New
United Kingdom

Hi all, I just recieved my Mavic Pro Yesterday. Charged it, plugged it all in and it asked to do an update. I allowed the update and it failed and all the fans on the Drone span up and I could not power it down. I then got the battery middle 2 green LED`s on and blinking every now and then. I tried to do the update again but it would not allow it saying battery lower than 50%.
I removed the battery and plugged it into the official DJI charger for 3 hours. Tried again and it failed. I then installed DJI Assistant 2 on a macbook and attempted to upgrade - failed
Then tried the Drone plugging in directly - Failed.

I then Plugged it into my main PC with a wired internet connection and tried again. 1 time it worked and was successfull but the 2 LED`s are still on the battery and I cant power it down. The controler does connect and I can see video from the drone but the battery is not reporting any information so it says unable to take off

I have since been unable to update or downgrade the firmware at all using any method. Please Help im desperate to fly it and have a week off work starting today!

James

2017-6-20
Use props
Tweedlewc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 511598 ft
United States

Same problem here.  Tried to upgrade firmware, got 90 % finished and failed.  Battery showing middle two lights that blink every so often.
2017-6-21
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Have you tried to update the firmware through the Assistant Software? You may be able to refresh the firmware When attaching the Mavic to the Assistant Software, you will see a list of firmware that needs to be updated. Pick the most up to date firmware and complete the process. Let us know if this helps.
2017-6-21
Use props
Wille_W
lvl.2
Flight distance : 263550 ft
Sweden

Same problem here. It has now on it's fifth day blinking...
2017-6-21
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3738274 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-6-21 12:20
Have you tried to update the firmware through the Assistant Software? You may be able to refresh the firmware When attaching the Mavic to the Assistant Software, you will see a list of firmware that needs to be updated. Pick the most up to date firmware and complete the process. Let us know if this helps.

I second this, try that.
2017-6-21
Use props
fansc6ee21c5
New
Flight distance : 39026 ft
United States

Same problem here. Anyone able to fix it?
2017-6-24
Use props
Dronadicto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 181253 ft
Peru

fansc6ee21c5 Posted at 2017-6-24 13:41
Same problem here. Anyone able to fix it?

Same thing just happened to me, I tried refreshing the firmware using the assistant and it worked but then after I rebooted the aircraft the battery is bricked again and it shows me this message:

IMG_8492.PNG

2017-6-29
Use props
RCNJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 114665 ft
France

Do not power off until 5%.....I'm on the ground at about 27% with craft off, is that wrecking battery ? Should it be kept on until 5% ??
I hope you get the battery replaced pronto bud.
2017-6-29
Use props
Wille_W
lvl.2
Sweden

Wille_W Posted at 2017-6-21 12:37
Same problem here. It has now on it's fifth day blinking...

I let my battery run empty as someone sad should solve the problem.. Now it doesn't charge. No lights come on. DJI what should I do now?
2017-7-7
Use props
MikeS 63
New
Flight distance : 98235 ft
Slovenia

Hi there,

I meet the same problem with the battery (2 green lights blinking at the time, non responsive) when I upgrade to the new Formware release using DJI GO 4 app for Android.
After 2 days of research I did the following steps:

Installed DJI Assistant 2 to my PC
Discharged problematic battery directly on Mavic - Instaled the battery several times to the Mavic and left working for couple of minutes, repeated till Mavic didn t switch on when I installed the battery
Charged the battery on single hub for couple of hours (2 green lights were still there)
Connected Mavic remote controler connected with USB cable to the PC - Upgraded latest Firmware via Assistant 2
Installed my second good battery on Mavic, connected with USB cable to the PC - Upgraded latest Firmware via Assistant 2
Last step - Installed problematic battery on Mavic, connected with USB cable to the PC - Refreshed latest Firmware vi Assistant 2

And battery is now working normally ...

Feedback appreciated ...

MikeS
2017-7-7
Use props
Wille_W
lvl.2
Sweden

Wille_W Posted at 2017-7-7 09:04
I let my battery run empty as someone sad should solve the problem.. Now it doesn't charge. No lights come on. DJI what should I do now?

DJI, I want a response on this matter. My battery is dead.
2017-8-4
Use props
GordoGeek1
New
Flight distance : 1631470 ft
Brazil

Same here.
How can such expensive equipment have such a serious problem?
It's a shame that DJI allows that to happen.
I'm extremely frustrated!

2017-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules