Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Wifi needed to connect to remote controller?
4111 2 2017-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5f334c6d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 153566 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, i'm a complete newbie to drones and just received my spark fly more combo a couple days ago. I have an android phone (OnePlus 3T), and was able to connect it successfully to the remote whilst indoors and with access to my house wifi, however whenever I try to connect outdoors I can never connect. I tried this at work too and was able to connect to the remote indoors whilst connected to the work wifi, but when I step outdoors it doesn't connect.
Am I missing something here? Does your phone need wifi connection in order to connect to the remote? Surely that can't be the case otherwise how do you fly the drone when outdoors with no access to wifi? I'm confused!
2017-6-21
Use props
gmPhysics
lvl.1
Flight distance : 866486 ft
Canada

Your scenario doesn't make much sense. WiFi connections are made between the Spark and the RC (Spark generates that network, not your home network), and then again between your mobile and the RC (RC generates that network). You can also bypass the mobile-RC WiFi network with the use of a cable. In any case, you would never be connecting to a home/work network.

2017-6-21
Use props
gmPhysics
lvl.1
Flight distance : 866486 ft
Canada

2017-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules