Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Direct video not work
1014 13 2017-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Leo_SAMUEL
New

France

Hello,
I bought a Phantom 4 and I try to flight in my garden.
But, after 5 minutes the direct video doesn't work good.
During the bug of video, the drone control is very good
I changed my micro SD Card (Samsung EVO 64go class10 U3) and nothing change.
I try to watch the temperature during the video bug and it's appears above 40°C (or 104°F).
All my hardware is update .
I use DJI GO 4 with the last version.

If you want specifications :

Drone : DJI phantom 4.
Tablet : Nexus 9.
Exterior Temperature : 35°C under tree (95°F).

If you have other questions ...
Sorry for my english level, I'm french and I live in France.

Thanks for your help !!!

2017-6-21
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Try flying in the early morning or more towards evening time. Make sure you also format the SD card, the firmware is up to date and you complete an IMU and gimbal calibration. Let us know if this helps.
2017-6-21
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi. You said the problem is with your 'direct video'. I assume that means the video you see on the app screen while you fly? Is the video captured on the P4's internal SD card OK? If the problem is just with the video you're seeing on the app screen, then you may just have a poor transmitter link. So...

Apart from Mark's advice, it may be that you have 2.4Ghz interference in your location. Not uncommon in built-up areas. In the DJI GO app, go into Image Transmission Settings (the 'HD' option) and have a look at how busy the transmitter channels are. If necessary, manually select a quiet channel.

Also, make sure that the transmitters antenna are positioned correctly. That is with the two antenna straight up, parallel to each other, with the flat sides always facing the P4 when in flight.

And your English is waaaaay better than my French... ;-)
2017-6-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Do you happen to cache video? Do you happen to have a sample video of this?
2017-6-21
Use props
Leo_SAMUEL
New

France

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-6-21 09:26
Try flying in the early morning or more towards evening time. Make sure you also format the SD card, the firmware is up to date and you complete an IMU and gimbal calibration. Let us know if this helps.

I tried to fly this morning (the temperature was 25°C) and the bug appears too.Before this I format my
SD Card, calibrate Compas,IMU and the gimbal.All the firmware are update.
I will go to the lake this evening for temperature and no habitations .

Thanks for your quick response
2017-6-22
Use props
Leo_SAMUEL
New

France

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-6-21 16:10
Hi. You said the problem is with your 'direct video'. I assume that means the video you see on the app screen while you fly? Is the video captured on the P4's internal SD card OK? If the problem is just with the video you're seeing on the app screen, then you may just have a poor transmitter link. So...

Apart from Mark's advice, it may be that you have 2.4Ghz interference in your location. Not uncommon in built-up areas. In the DJI GO app, go into Image Transmission Settings (the 'HD' option) and have a look at how busy the transmitter channels are. If necessary, manually select a quiet channel.

The problem is in the video in DJI GO 4 and the video in the SD Card is very good(without bugs) (Exemple : at 0:16)(it's not my video but I have the same problem in DJI GO 4.
I tried every antenna position ....
I seen the Image Transmission Settings and when the video is not good, I have red line .But in DJI GO 4 I can't choose manualy the channel.
I will try to go to a lake without habitations nearly this evening to have good temperature and no interferences.
I see your profil and I see that you live in Australia, Do you have problem with your drone and the hot temperature(in France it's the summer).
Thanks for your quick response and your sympathy
2017-6-22
Use props
Leo_SAMUEL
New

France

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-21 19:12
Do you happen to cache video? Do you happen to have a sample video of this?

I clear cache ,I disable Cache,I clear and disable cache but nothing work.
2017-6-22
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

If none of the suggestions provided are helping you out, you may have as Punch buggy suggested a bad transmitter. Can you contact European support and see about getting a repair set up? Try this link: http://www.dji.com/support.

Thank you Punchbuggy for some good observations on that one.
2017-6-22
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Leo_SAMUEL Posted at 2017-6-22 02:29
The problem is in the video in DJI GO 4 and the video in the SD Card is very good(without bugs) (Exemple : at 0:16)(it's not my video but I have the same problem in DJI GO 4.
I tried every antenna position ....
I seen the Image Transmission Settings and when the video is not good, I have red line .But in DJI GO 4 I can't choose manualy the channel.

Hi again. If the video is breaking up on your app, and not on the SD Card, then that implies either a poor comms link or processor performance on your tablet is poor. Cut the last out - the Nexus 9 should be good, but are you running the latest app verison - umm, v4.1.2 I think?

You said that you can't connect to another channel manually. You should be able to - did you change the Channel Mode to 'Custom', then select a free channel? Either way, if you are seeing frequent break-ups in video and you DO have a poor comms link, I wouldn't try it over a lake - at least, don't take it below 10m over the water anyway. If VPS can't tell how close it is to the water (reflection confuses it), it may decide to drop and you'll want to have guaranteed control of your P4 if you see that happen.

Also, you could try changing Transmission Quality settings to the lowest - should be on the same menu. That'll change the amount needing to be transmitted as video to a minumum.

Assuming that you have both the P4 and RC at most recent firmware levels (that'll be Nov 2016 - a while ago now sadly), I'd be tempted to suggest that you do a RC rest and re-link your P4 just in case. Doubt that'd help, but you never know. DJI-Jamie has posted this process in numerous threads - I'll try to find one, unless DJI-Mark can remind us.

And thanks for your comments, Mark. We all have a part to play with new pilots here.

[Edit] I read in another thread that some people aren't seeing the transmission settings in the app so can't change them. Reason is that the app is getting your location from your tablet and not allowing you to change things depending on which country you're in. If you cant see these settings to change, you may need to change country setting in Android to somewhere like USA, then restart DJI GO. The downside of that, of course, is that may change you're language settings too. Hmm, not good as you're in France. Anyway, give it a try - you can always change it back after...

2017-6-22
Use props
BouldersDad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 872448 ft
United States

You might also want to confirm that you have no other apps running in the background on your tablet.
2017-6-22
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Valid point, BD.

Otherwise, I found the instructions for resetting the RC and re-linking the craft manually. Credit to DJI-Jamie:

Reset the RC:
* Turn on the RC, and leave the aircraft off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter and then turn the it off.
* While still holding the buttons, turn on the RC, then the aircraft and relink the remote.

Manually re-linking the RC to the aircraft:
* Turn on both the aircraft and the RC.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the RC, which will produce a "D-DD" audio queue. This may take a few seconds of holding them.
* While still holding the buttons, press the wheel on the right side of the RC (ISO). The LED indicator on the RC will turn blue and it will constantly beep "DDDD".
* Use a pen to push in the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.
2017-6-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Leo_SAMUEL Posted at 2017-6-22 02:30
I clear cache ,I disable Cache,I clear and disable cache but nothing work.

In addition to post #10 and #11, try changing out your USB cable and toggling the Hardware Decoding option in the GO app (and essentially your device's Developer options). For the latter, there's a quick enable/disable slider in the Me> Settings icon (the gear on the top right) and toggle the Enable USB Develper Options slider.
2017-6-26
Use props
Spyder3534
lvl.3
Flight distance : 32375 ft
United States

I've been having the same problem... on hot days I start flying fine then get video break up after 5-10 of flying. Cool days or in the morning - no issues.  I personally think my issue is over heating of my iphone I use to fly.  I turned off video cacheing and that helped but I had the same problem today with cache off at 85 degrees F.   
2017-6-26
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Sounds like heat is a problem. The iPhone can heat up, especially on days where the thermometer hits triple digits.
2017-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules