909 9 2017-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DemolitionMan14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1963583 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was flying the past 2 days.  Monday i had absolutely no issues.  Then yesterday I was flying and i started having VPS issues at altitude.  I was at about 200AGL with no obsticles and tried to descend and and the VPS was telling me i was 0.7ft AGL and would go into landing mode and descend extremely slow (<1.0mph).  I got it down check the VPS for dust or any obstruction and changed the battery and still when i reached altitude and tried a descent same thing.  When i turn VPS off i have no descent issues.  I did a VPS calibration and that did not correct the issue.  Any ideas?
2017-6-21
Use props
Vin829
lvl.2

United States

Same thing happened to me...it landed on its own from 3oo feet up and i couldnt cancel. Luckily it landed safely on someone's yard
2017-6-21
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3738274 ft
  • >>>
United States

commenting to see where this goes, incase I have this issue with my mavic.
2017-6-21
Use props
fans2ba615a8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45696 ft
United States

Same problem here. I just did a firmware update the night before. And had no issues with it before the update. Mine is only two weeks old and I think it's had four updates already. I hope they fix it with the next update. ; }~
2017-6-22
Use props
Eagle_Eye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

Maybe this the same thing that was previously posted about unknowingly entering a geofence or nfz zones and autoland on it's own.
The last thread I've read about this was that users MP auto landed in the water and won't take any stick command, not sure if he tried the sport mode to cancel the auto landing.
Sadly his MP ended up in the water, not sure if he managed to retrieved it.
2017-6-22
Use props
DemolitionMan14
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Eagle_Eye Posted at 2017-6-22 04:36
Maybe this the same thing that was previously posted about unknowingly entering a geofence or nfz zones and autoland on it's own.
The last thread I've read about this was that users MP auto landed in the water and won't take any stick command, not sure if he tried the sport mode to cancel the auto landing.
Sadly his MP ended up in the water, not sure if he managed to retrieved it.

I dont think its NFZ.  I haven't done the update that seems to be giving people NFZ issues and I got no warnings.  Also i was flying at the same location the day before with absolutely no issues.   I believe the problem is with the downward VPS sensor, cause when I turn off VPS it works perfectly fine.  Trying to get feedback as to whether its something i can fix or need to send to DJI.   
2017-6-22
Use props
DemolitionMan14
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fans2ba615a8 Posted at 2017-6-22 04:32
Same problem here. I just did a firmware update the night before. And had no issues with it before the update. Mine is only two weeks old and I think it's had four updates already. I hope they fix it with the next update. ; }~

I flew 2 days back to back no firmware update when my issued appeared.  Same my Mavic is only a few weeks old.
2017-6-22
Use props
fans2ba615a8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45696 ft
United States

I called DJI and the tech I spoke with told me that it is a firmware issue. They have a new update available. I haven't tried it yet but I will this evening. Wish me luck.
LOL ; }~
2017-6-23
Use props
andry_shin
lvl.2
Indonesia

same with me!
Auto-landing activating at high altitude
- latest firmware .0800
Trigger: - I pushed the throttle down (full / half / a bit trigger this issue)
- My drone accelerated and started to go down very slow (speed like 0.2) i think he sees the ground at event at high altitude
2017-6-23
Use props
DemolitionMan14
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fans2ba615a8 Posted at 2017-6-23 08:03
I called DJI and the tech I spoke with told me that it is a firmware issue. They have a new update available. I haven't tried it yet but I will this evening. Wish me luck.
LOL ; }~

Updating to .800 and above opens a new issue the NFZ.  Been reading people have been having issues with that.  
2017-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules