1128 6 2017-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Swarm
lvl.3
Flight distance : 645804 ft
United States

Hi,

First, please forgive me if this a duplicate post, as I'm assuming others have asked the same (I was not able to find a thread though)...

I just updated in Inspire 2.  I haven't flown it yet b everything went fine.  My question is about the new "no-fly-zone" thing.  I'm a commercial UAS pilot and I have a FAA waiver for the Portland, Maine metropolitan area.  (I've also applied for several others in the New England area and am waiting for approval)  How will this new update affect my ability to fly in these areas where I have FAA waivers?

Thanks,

DRC
2017-6-21
Use props
DJI Tom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1236778 ft
  • >>>
United States

You may be limited for ALT if you use the GO 4 app.   I have a few waivers to fly above up to 5000 feet, and in some cases I had to use the Litchi app to fly in approved air space at those ALTs.  Another option if you are having ALT limits is downgrade to an earlier version of firmware.
2017-6-22
Use props
Swarm
lvl.3
United States

Ok, so you are saying that DJI did not take into account that we can get waivers?  And you are saying that there is no workaround other than Litchi?  If so, that is short-sighted on the part of DJI.  I need to be able to work.
2017-6-22
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Do you mean "Waivers" or "ATC" approval
2017-6-23
Use props
Swarm
lvl.3
United States

I mean waiver.  I have one (and have applied for several more) from the FAA.
2017-6-23
Use props
dkotinsky
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15096995 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tom Posted at 2017-6-22 03:50
You may be limited for ALT if you use the GO 4 app.   I have a few waivers to fly above up to 5000 feet, and in some cases I had to use the Litchi app to fly in approved air space at those ALTs.  Another option if you are having ALT limits is downgrade to an earlier version of firmware.

What does "ALT" stand for?
2017-6-27
Use props
WayneMann
lvl.4
United States

Altitude.

Wayne
2017-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now