123Next >
5625 104 2017-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

You think with all the experience that DJI has from creating impressive drones like the P4 and the MAVIC., Sparky would be a class of it's own but man...  

PIcture, video, connection etc EXTREMELY child like toy.  

$700.00 down the drain. I already cancelled my other 2 orders.

The only thing going for SPARKY is the SPORT MODE and that is NOT worth $700.00

2017-6-21
Use props
rickysuperdog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 929429 ft
Hong Kong

For me, $700 was not expensive to buy such a "toy grade" drone with tiny size and gesture mode. Perhaps it was not suitable for you.
2017-6-21
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

rickysuperdog Posted at 2017-6-21 20:37
For me, $700 was not expensive to buy such a "toy grade" drone with tiny size and gesture mode. Perhaps it was not suitable for you.

If you think gesture mode worth $700.00 then

If it was a TINY MAVIC like features then yes it is worth $700.00 otherwise it is only a TOY GRADE drone.

It is not suitable because you can't do anything with it except go fast around the field. No descent videos, no descent pictures, WIFI keeps disconnecting, Taking videos is a nightmare, it feels like it takes forever for the video to adjust to light changes etc.

It is like a WATER DOWN version of the old OSMO system with a WATER DOWN camera.

2017-6-21
Use props
rickysuperdog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 929429 ft
Hong Kong

Spark matches my need and all features mentioned works expect the Wifi lag but I do not fly too far so no wifi lags in my usage. So it worth $700.
Yes its a toy grade drone and I won't not expect it can fly 1km, or take photos like P4P or Inspire.  Its a low grade selfy drone and DJI always mentioned that but people were over expectation to this drone. . I got other buggy drones can do more professional usage.
$700 buying a toy was not expensive to me if it matches my requirement. Handy, tiny, easy to fly were the only selling points of Spark. Why you expect the features that it does not exists ? Price was fixed and list clearly and if you feel expensive, don't buy it.
2017-6-21
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

rickysuperdog Posted at 2017-6-21 21:30
Spark matches my need and all features mentioned works expect the Wifi lag but I do not fly too far so no wifi lags in my usage. So it worth $700.
Yes its a toy grade drone and I won't not expect it can fly 1km, or take photos like P4P or Inspire.  Its a low grade selfy drone and DJI always mentioned that but people were over expectation to this drone. . I got other buggy drones can do more professional usage.
$700 buying a toy was not expensive to me if it matches my requirement. Handy, tiny, easy to fly were the only selling points of Spark. Why you expect the features that it does not exists ? Price was fixed and list clearly and if you feel expensive, don't buy it.

So your happy wasting your money then skip a long because this review is for people who

"DON'T WANT TO WASTE $700.00"

of their money on a toy drone that was dubbed

"SEIZE THE MOMENT"
2017-6-21
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

100% agree with the OP.  I own various other DJI platforms and didn't expect too much from the Spark, especially since it is being marketed as a "Story Telling" entry level platform.  With that said, for the price I did expect a bit more in the reliability area.  IMO the Fly Less package should have been price at $399 w/remote included.  Parrot BeeBop is offering their package for $499 w/rc & goggles and they use the same WIFI technology as the Spark
2017-6-22
Use props
DwoneFlyer
lvl.1

Romania

That's a shame you dont like it, were loving ours. Guess it's down to expectations and how you value $700. We regularly spend $1000 on a night out, so $700 for a summer of flying fun is good value to me.

To me they are all toy drones, if you wanted a professional setup then maybe try a Phantom 4, Inspire or bigger. DJI have plenty of options for you.

Getting really good vids, better than the mavic most of the time (ok that will be user error, old git vs young ones). Maybe spend a little time with it and learn it's capabilities.

2017-6-22
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree, a little less gimmicky Jedi knight crap and more DJI innovation would have been nice.
2017-6-22
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-6-22 02:50
I agree, a little less gimmicky Jedi knight crap and more DJI innovation would have been nice.

Yeah, but they (DJI) had to do something to attract new/1st time buyers, thus the Jedi crap.
2017-6-22
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

I am the E Posted at 2017-6-21 20:51
If you think gesture mode worth $700.00 then  

If it was a TINY MAVIC like features then yes it is worth $700.00 otherwise it is only a TOY GRADE drone.

it sounds like you have a lemon!! mine works fantastic!
2017-6-22
Use props
PimpDawg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

DwoneFlyer Posted at 2017-6-22 02:12
That's a shame you dont like it, were loving ours. Guess it's down to expectations and how you value $700. We regularly spend $1000 on a night out, so $700 for a summer of flying fun is good value to me.

To me they are all toy drones, if you wanted a professional setup then maybe try a Phantom 4, Inspire or bigger. DJI have plenty of options for you.

$1000 on a night out? I want to hang out with you!
2017-6-22
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thor1 Posted at 2017-6-22 02:54

You may need to define "fantastic".  Are the photos that you take w/o RC crisp?  If you wanted to fly w/o RC and just phone you have no issues?  If flying w/o using the OTG cable method your video doesn't lag?  Are you getting anywhere near the estimated range that DJI cites?
2017-6-22
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
France

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-6-22 06:46
You may need to define "fantastic".  Are the photos that you take w/o RC crisp?  If you wanted to fly w/o RC and just phone you have no issues?  If flying w/o using the OTG cable method your video doesn't lag?  Are you getting anywhere near the estimated range that DJI cites?

The R/C shouldn't have any effect on the quality of the photos or videos, so don't understand that,

The Spark performs as I expected, its Wi-Fi so didn't expect anything too fantastic with regards range. The camera takes acceptable photographs and the video isn't bad either. I just recently flew the Mavic and Spark together and photographed each from the other & video too.

Currently assembling into a air to air montage, looks OK to me.
2017-6-22
Use props
WayneMHK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 694728 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry mommy wouldn't let you buy one.
2017-6-22
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Buzzyone Posted at 2017-6-22 07:09
The R/C shouldn't have any effect on the quality of the photos or videos, so don't understand that,

The Spark performs as I expected, its Wi-Fi so didn't expect anything too fantastic with regards range. The camera takes acceptable photographs and the video isn't bad either. I just recently flew the Mavic and Spark together and photographed each from the other & video too.

Then you're in the minority, but then again 90% of people not having issues never post in these forums.  Looking forward to you pics.
2017-6-22
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Canada

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-6-22 06:46

Fantastic as in it works the same as its advertised! you cant expect a product to work better than that because they advertise its absolute best in the best case scenarios.
2017-6-22
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

If you read my posts and saw my avatar you know I already have all their drones and that is why am giving it an F  with double  minus.

$1000.00 in ROMANIA???  You are funny!  

2017-6-22
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
Romania

WayneMHK Posted at 2017-6-22 07:22
Sorry mommy wouldn't let you buy one.

Sorry, mommy and your RUNAWAY DADDY did not teach how to read English.  {:4_181:}

I ordered 3 SPARKS. Received one and cancelled the other 2.
2017-6-22
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
France

PimpDawg Posted at 2017-6-22 06:29
$1000 on a night out? I want to hang out with you!

and in ROMANIA too???
2017-6-22
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
France

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-6-22 02:03
100% agree with the OP.  I own various other DJI platforms and didn't expect too much from the Spark, especially since it is being marketed as a "Story Telling" entry level platform.  With that said, for the price I did expect a bit more in the reliability area.  IMO the Fly Less package should have been price at $399 w/remote included.  Parrot BeeBop is offering their package for $499 w/rc & goggles and they use the same WIFI technology as the Spark

I second that.

DJI raised the bar soooo high we should not expect anything less than A MAVIC!
2017-6-22
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

I have all their drones and no amount of time will change what this toy can and can't do...
2017-6-22
Use props
Szwedu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378114 ft
Poland

1000 on a weekend, 4k on a wheel and who will duble that huh ? Maybe 10k on candy monthly.... how old are you guys ?

As far as i had only toygrade quad like hubsan x4 i am a newbie,  the quality of the spark is superb ,noting like toy.
Didn't want to wait for combo so i got a standalone from my local RC store .
I am a BIT disappointed with the range , today i was in a field with NOTHING beside gras and weed etc. My connection was breaking up if i had my quad behind me , if i grab my phone with full palm etc. basically i needed to point my phone in the direction of the quad , like i was looking thru it , to get rid of red POOR RC SIGNAL warning .

I don't want to fly 1km away with spark , i knew it will be hard to , and knowing this i did buy Spark not P3S.
BUT i need/want the signal to let me do QUICK SHOTS before concoction brakes...
P.S. i am from Europe so antena gain are drastically reduced , 5.8Ghz are worthless here..
2.4 GHz
FCC: 25 dBm; CE: 18 dBm; SRRC: 18 dBm
5.8 GHz
FCC: 27 dBm; CE: 14 dBm; SRRC: 27 dBm
2017-6-22
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

I am the E Posted at 2017-6-22 08:20
If you read my posts and saw my avatar you know I already have all their drones and that is why am giving it an F  with double  minus.

$1000.00 in ROMANIA???  You are funny!

The DJI forums have a no trolling policy. If you do not like a product, that is fine. However, there is a fine line and we encourage you to consider that point.
2017-6-22
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-6-22 08:34
I second that.

DJI raised the bar soooo high we should not expect anything less than A MAVIC!

Yes, the performance of the Mavic "tainted" us all
2017-6-22
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-6-22 02:50

I think it is better qualify as a CROSS EYED JEDI  
2017-6-22
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
France

Thor1 Posted at 2017-6-22 08:14
Fantastic as in it works the same as its advertised! you cant expect a product to work better than that because they advertise its absolute best in the best case scenarios.

Fantastic, for a 5 year old.. Reminded me of the SUBARU commercial with the dad turning on the car and the kid he think he has THE JEDI POWER.  
2017-6-22
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
France

Thor1 Posted at 2017-6-22 02:54

I guess new comers to the DJI product think oh WOW  but for people who used DJI product before THIS IS A JOKE and not a lemon.
2017-6-22
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Szwedu Posted at 2017-6-22 08:35
1000 on a weekend, 4k on a wheel and who will duble that huh ? Maybe 10k on candy monthly.... how old are you guys ?

As far as i had only toygrade quad like hubsan x4 i am a newbie,  the quality of the spark is superb ,noting like toy.

Can you believe this bullll! We are talking about a DJI product, entry level or NOT!
2017-6-22
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Canada

dronist Posted at 2017-6-22 08:49
I guess new comers to the DJI product think oh WOW  but for people who used DJI product before THIS IS A JOKE and not a lemon.

well the reason i say that is because mine works as advertised but clearly yours don't.
2017-6-22
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-6-22 08:39
The DJI forums have a no trolling policy. If you do not like a product, that is fine. However, there is a fine line and we encourage you to consider that point.

MArk,

Since when someone giving his opinion is considered TROLLING? The E has plenty of DJI products as I see from his account and so am I.

I always GIVE CREDIT where credit is due BUT when it is NOT DJI should listen to their customers and improve and NOT shut people down.

Again,

video quality ???
connection quality???
WIFI connection???
Gimbal ???

So please send these input to DJI upper management so they can better the products.

2017-6-22
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-6-22 08:40
Yes, the performance of the Mavic "tainted" us all

Yes dude... You think a few dollars less would give you the same EXISTING tech expecially for video and pics.

All these newbies think wowwww because they did not see and used the MAVIC or P4.
2017-6-22
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Canada

dronist Posted at 2017-6-22 08:36
I have all their drones and no amount of time will change what this toy can and can't do...

and i assume when you say "TOY" you mean something you cant make a movie with, i guess your just understandably ignorant about the fact that this can be useful to other people. (IE: rock climbers or first time drone users) not everyone is a film maker or worth a lot of money and can throw down a couple thousand dollars for a drone they might never be able to use.   
2017-6-22
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Canada

dronist Posted at 2017-6-22 08:59
Yes dude... You think a few dollars less would give you the same EXISTING tech expecially for video and pics.

All these newbies think wowwww because they did not see and used the MAVIC or P4.

i both have seen and used the mavic and i watched a lot of reviews on how they thought the mavic was a toy so it depends on preference. to them the mavic was a joke.

newbie or not i understand that if you buy something you cant expect it to be better than advertised and if you don't like how its advertised then don't buy it. that goes for everything.
2017-6-22
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thor1 Posted at 2017-6-22 09:04
and i assume when you say "TOY" you mean something you cant make a movie with, i guess your just understandably ignorant about the fact that this can be useful to other people. (IE: rock climbers or first time drone users) not everyone is a film maker or worth a lot of money and can throw down a couple thousand dollars for a drone they might never be able to use.

Look at you mister know it all.

Using big words "understandably ignorant". Please help us and tell us how many FORTUNE 500 companies did you design and market their products???  

We are talking about the features that made DJI famous like  camera, gimbal, etc.

If DJI would follow your logic about Hey, Sparky is great for Rock Climbers let's built zillions of them they will in big sht.

For newbies, it is still a high priced toy, most of the other toy drone with half the price like selfie drones have minimum of 4K etc...

2017-6-22
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thor1 Posted at 2017-6-22 09:18
i both have seen and used the mavic and i watched a lot of reviews on how they thought the mavic was a toy so it depends on preference. to them the mavic was a joke.

newbie or not i understand that if you buy something you cant expect it to be better than advertised and if you don't like how its advertised then don't buy it. that goes for everything.

Wowww, man you've seen a MAVIC. Are you sure???  

and not only that YOU actually used one  ...

Hey dude, you really should have your own show then!
2017-6-22
Use props
Doobry
lvl.2
Flight distance : 394800 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

With respect dronist, I think you are probably not the target audience for this looking at your collection. This is my first DJI drone and I love it. It's a great introduction to the capabilities of drones without having to splash the best part of 2 grand on all the gear to get a mavic or even more for an inspire etc. Also, based on your collection I think your expectations are way too high for this.. Maybe in 5 years the spark will do what you want it to do for this sort of price range but I think they nailed it with this. Sure, it needs some tweaks but for what I use it for so far, it's not missing anything.
2017-6-22
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
France

Doobry Posted at 2017-6-22 12:08
With respect dronist, I think you are probably not the target audience for this looking at your collection. This is my first DJI drone and I love it. It's a great introduction to the capabilities of drones without having to splash the best part of 2 grand on all the gear to get a mavic or even more for an inspire etc. Also, based on your collection I think your expectations are way too high for this.. Maybe in 5 years the spark will do what you want it to do for this sort of price range but I think they nailed it with this. Sure, it needs some tweaks but for what I use it for so far, it's not missing anything.

Doobry,

And in kind, I do respect and I appreciate your input. These guys jumping the gun without understanding what am pointing at.

The issue here is NOT that I had a high expectations or not but that DJI, had all this EXISTING technologies and did NOT INCORPORATE them into the Spark for that amount of money.

As I said in my post, Flying in sport mode is great BUT unfortunately that is it for the SPARK!.

Have fun flying!

2017-6-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Mine is working fine, I've had it out 500 meters no problems I find the 1080 25fps is fine it's always sharp unlike some of the videos with Mavic with blurry footage, because it continually focused just like P4 you should get sharp pictures albeit not 2.7 or 4K .

It's handling and speed with RC in sport is impressive.

Problems I find are connecting wifi , would just prefer to plug in so maybe dji can do something about that, also new modes definitely need to be refined, got one really good dronie raising to 60 meters, next day couldn't get it to rise at all so yes these need to be fixed.

If someone can take a picture like this below are you saying you can't replicate.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=260008
2017-6-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Doobry Posted at 2017-6-22 12:08

I think it's fair to say when we first got Mavic the Mavic forum was over run with problems, one of the biggest problems was the canera it was an absolute disaster many who had flown P4 also dubbed Mavic a toy, I think proof of the pudding will be how creative people can be with spark ,

A good photographer with a spark will produce much better photography than a bad photographer with a spark.
It will also improve with updates, as the Mavic did, one thing I do know Mavic had 10 times more problems than spark in its first week after its release and it still has many.
2017-6-22
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-6-22 13:24
I think it's fair to say when we first got Mavic the Mavic forum was over run with problems, one of the biggest problems was the canera it was an absolute disaster many who had flown P4 also dubbed Mavic a toy, I think proof of the pudding will be how creative people can be with spark ,

A good photographer with a spark will produce much better photography than a bad photographer with a spark.

I hear you mate but the issue again is they have all the existing technologies at their finger tip and it is NOT like they were reinventing the P4 to fit in the MAVIC, with the SPARK. They already did that.

BTW, and for the record, I never had any problems with my MAVIC ,P4,P4P,P4P+.
I stay corrected,  P4P+ just got funky, screen freezing on me few times, few weeks ago and am hoping a new update will fix the issue.

2017-6-22
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules