Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Hit RECORD - DJI Go 4 app crashes every time
2406 9 2017-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tex21
lvl.3
Flight distance : 230052 ft
Australia

I am at my wit's end here, would like some help.

I have been flying my Mavic for a few months now, love it.  I use a HTC One M7 Android phone for the app.  This worked perfectly with not a single app crash until I started to do firmware and app upgrades.

It really got bad after .700 upgrade.  Every single time I take off and hit either the Record button on the RC or the Red record dot on the app, the app immediately crashes.  At first, I could re-start it and then carry on, whilst I just kept recording video.  Doesn't crash if I take a picture.

I just upgraded everything to latest version, app to 4.1.2, Mavic to .800.  Batteries even updated after getting stuck in limbo at one stage of the process.

I have cleared all caches.  I have tried all sorts of combinations of starting the app/RC/Drone.  I have used Flight Mode on the phone.  Nothing works.

I just tried a same model phone on app V4.0.7 and it crashed straight away as soon as I hit REC, but I was able to restart the app while I continued recording and flying and was able to see video without it crashing again.

I see some people rcommend going back to 4.0.5.  I have that version and might try that, but plenty of people report that the latest updates work fine.  So why shouldn't it for me?
2017-6-22
Use props
lildevilx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 264101 ft
Canada

try disabling the cache and see if it works?
2017-6-22
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

I'd say it's related to the video cache in your phone. As I think the previous reply tried to say, deactivate it and see if the issue is still there. By any chance your phone is running out of space? What Android version are you running?
2017-6-22
Use props
Sangarone
lvl.2
United States

I made the jump to Litchi and havent had a single crash yet, just a heads up
2017-6-22
Use props
FPC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 99242 ft
Italy

I would highly recommend 4.0.5

Not a single crash since I downgraded. 4.1.2 looks to be affected by same 4.1.0 bugs, at least for me (crashing as soon as GPS fixes). Try every new update, obviously, but always keep at hand a working version of the app.
2017-6-22
Use props
Tex21
lvl.3
Australia

I'm running Android 5.0.2; 11.5Gb of memory free and 1Gb of RAM free.  I cleared out a lot of this "old" phone just so I could use it for the drone flying.  Remember, this worked perfectly before on the older version of the app.

How does one "disable" video cache?
2017-6-22
Use props
Tex21
lvl.3
Australia

I just flew using a Sony Xperia Z2 Compact Tablet - no app crashing issues, so it is specific to my phone.
2017-6-22
Use props
Tex21
lvl.3
Australia

FPC Posted at 2017-6-22 04:58
I would highly recommend 4.0.5

Not a single crash since I downgraded. 4.1.2 looks to be affected by same 4.1.0 bugs, at least for me (crashing as soon as GPS fixes). Try every new update, obviously, but always keep at hand a working version of the app.

Just did it and flew, hit REC and "You beauty" NO CRASH.  

What have they done to bugger it up for some phones?  Very annoying.

Anyway, looks like I'm a part of the 4.0.5 crowd until further notice!
2017-6-22
Use props
Canadianllama
lvl.1

Canada

My Samsung Galexy Neo S5 crashes every time I start and stop the video. I tried 1080p 24 frames per second, internal and SD card storage.

It seems to work good all the rest of the time. If we accidentally press record it crashes the app, then we just restart the app and quickly try stop recording as it keeps crashing if the recording is active.

** FIXED, turn off Cache Locally When Recording. WORKED
Then i turned it back on, set it to 1 GB, Adaptibivily reduce cache resolution, Auto Video Cache Cleanup. Seems to be working so far!
2019-1-29
Use props
Boffin
lvl.4
Australia

Tex21. The DJI Go app is very demanding of the phone's capabilities and as you discovered, each 'upgrade' puts more demands on the device.

For a six year old phone HTC One M7 you have done well to get it up and running, so if it is now doing what you want, disable all upgrades and enjoy what you have.
2019-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules