o(^-^)o
dari_017
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6016004 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansd32fd2c5 Posted at 2017-6-23 11:46
Batteries as well .
After upgrading  AC and RC  put another battery in the AC .
Start DJI assistant 2 , then  start the AC and the battery will be upgraded in less than 1 minute.

Well actually I know the steps, I was just asking because I didn't want to put battery number 2 after upgrading the firmware , I was feeling lazy today lol, but I did anyways and no there is no firmware update for the batteries like there was with .800.
2017-6-23
Use props
CAAirborne
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1174232 ft
United States

Just updated from x.0800 to x.0900. No issues with the update itself (no timeouts, etc.). Did a quick flight up to 400' AGL and out to VLOS limits, no issues. It did reset a few things (which I need to develop a checklist for), but nothing that caused issues with flying.
2017-6-23
Use props
CAAirborne
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1174232 ft
United States

dari_017 Posted at 2017-6-23 08:20
Do the batteries have to be upgraded to .900 as well ? Or is it just the RC and AC ?

My understanding is that your batteries get updated automatically (from the Mavic?).  Just use them and they'll get updated.
2017-6-23
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 814232 ft
Guernsey

I updated with Assistant 2 on Mac. No problems all went smoothly. Did a quick test flight only hovered in very windy conditions in my back garden for 20 mins. Pretty stable and the weird Gimbal drift seems to be a lot less with this update. Still have video disconnects when using 4G(LTE) on iPhone 7 Plus.
2017-6-23
Use props
Nikon 1
lvl.4
United States

Did the .900 update this afternoon via Go4 with absolutely no problem.  Flew a battery's worth with no problem.  DJI seems to be getting better with these F/W upgrades.
2017-6-23
Use props
BeachDuc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29544 ft
Australia

Andicot Posted at 2017-6-23 09:23
The issue of DNG file preview on macOs has been fixed?

Not for me.
2017-6-23
Use props
Azaad
lvl.1
Netherlands

Is DJI done with the Mavic? Nothing new? Will there never be off-line functionaltiy in the app? Preprogramming camera settings, saving camera profiles, Waypoint missions like Litchi's and Spark functionality????
2017-6-23
Use props
Sime
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3055210 ft
Australia

All updates I've done have never ever given me any issues.
2017-6-23
Use props
Sime
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3055210 ft
Australia

If you think DJI updates give issues, don't buy a Bluesound product. Boy, oh boy…………
2017-6-23
Use props
CStone6
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

I updated via the app, flew for about 5 minutes between thunder storms, all seemed to be normal. I just wish the flippin rain would stop!
2017-6-23
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

Bill in Ohio Posted at 2017-6-22 09:59
I just updated the Mavic Pro.  Went out and did a quick flight and all went well.  It did want me to do a vision calibration.  I had tried that once before and it failed (I have a 4K monitor).  So with the message next to the current fw saying I needed to do a vision calibration I tried using my backup computer.  I did it and got a good calibration.  Went out and flew around a little bit and flew it toward the side of my house.  It stopped itself a little further out, before I got scared it would hit (unlike before where I stopped it).
I will fly a longer flight later today and try out a few intelligent flight modes.  All I did a few minutes ago was fly it around in position and sport modes and check the video feed.
Phone Samsung S7, FW 01.03.0900, DJI GO4 app v 4.1.2, and Android 7.0

Bill,

I had the same problem for months until someone told me a trick. Set the resolution of your monitor to 1080P and then the vision calibration will work like a champ....hope this helps.
2017-6-23
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
United States

Bill in Ohio Posted at 2017-6-22 09:59
I just updated the Mavic Pro.  Went out and did a quick flight and all went well.  It did want me to do a vision calibration.  I had tried that once before and it failed (I have a 4K monitor).  So with the message next to the current fw saying I needed to do a vision calibration I tried using my backup computer.  I did it and got a good calibration.  Went out and flew around a little bit and flew it toward the side of my house.  It stopped itself a little further out, before I got scared it would hit (unlike before where I stopped it).
I will fly a longer flight later today and try out a few intelligent flight modes.  All I did a few minutes ago was fly it around in position and sport modes and check the video feed.
Phone Samsung S7, FW 01.03.0900, DJI GO4 app v 4.1.2, and Android 7.0

Bill,

I had the same problem for months until someone told me a trick. Set the resolution of your monitor to 1080P and then the vision calibration will work like a champ....hope this helps.
2017-6-23
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
United States

does anyone know what the "ARAuxillary Settings" do? I toggled all three of them and didn't see anything different????

EDIT: I think it stands for "Augmented Reality" and might put POI markers on the display while in a given flight mode to help with orientation.....I need to take it out and mess around with it to confirm but hopefully someone else will have already figured it out and can post their findings....would be nice if DJI explained all of these features since there is no mention of them in the manual....

ScreenCapture_15.jpg
ScreenCapture_16.jpg
ScreenCapture_17.jpg
2017-6-23
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI should details all new features when they rolled out. It is not good to let the users to find out by themselves
2017-6-24
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 741683 ft
United States

I upgraded via the app (just like every other update I've done) and all went well. Upgrading from .800 to .900 does not seem to require battery updates like .800 did.  

Quick indoor test flight and everything seemed fine.  Mavic flew solid and behaved as-expected.

Using iPhone 7 and latest iOS.
2017-6-24
Use props
jurrianv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 503796 ft
Netherlands

I just updated to the .900 firmware with my iPhone. No problems at all. I did a quick test flight and everything works fine!
2017-6-24
Use props
Broken Deviant
lvl.2
Flight distance : 176919 ft
United States

I did the update and everything went well.  It was nice to have imperial unites in the goggles. I braved the high winds and had a nice flight this morning.  
2017-6-24
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

Upgrade without issues!
2017-6-24
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Updated via assistant everything went well plug in the ipad it is asking me to update again.  Every single time i do an upgrade i have to do it all over again with all my stuff via assistant, ipad and iphone.
2017-6-24
Use props
fansdb707a00
lvl.2
Flight distance : 404 ft
Denmark

I just updated to 1.03.0900 and everything went fine. shut both controller and aircraft down, changed battery, - and booted. then I got the "Aircraft Encoder error (0x80000)" and it seems very persistent even after multiple reboots. No picture on the phone and is says "no signal" top left. Any ideas ? Should I downgrade ? is it even related to the firmware update ?

Kim Igel.
2017-6-24
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Germany

fansd32fd2c5 Posted at 2017-6-22 08:48
Compas always , but best on the site here you will take off next time.

Why?

I have NEVER calibrated my compass been traveling thousands of kilometers back and forth never had a problem. Only calibrate if you are requested.
2017-6-24
Use props
PHL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1044062 ft
Australia

Upgraded day before, and did a decent test flight yesterday. Not sure if it's weather condition or something else, but controller to drone signal strength was better at a distance than with 800 over the same hilly terrain.
No battery upgrades this time.
2017-6-24
Use props
Etchd
lvl.1
Australia

Andicot Posted at 2017-6-23 09:23
The issue of DNG file preview on macOs has been fixed?

Are you getting a blue bar on all portrait modes?
2017-6-24
Use props
That80sGuy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10075 ft
Germany

fansdb707a00 Posted at 2017-6-24 12:38
I just updated to 1.03.0900 and everything went fine. shut both controller and aircraft down, changed battery, - and booted. then I got the "Aircraft Encoder error (0x80000)" and it seems very persistent even after multiple reboots. No picture on the phone and is says "no signal" top left. Any ideas ? Should I downgrade ? is it even related to the firmware update ?

Kim Igel.

Try formatting the SD card, appears to be a strange bug some people encounter.
2017-6-25
Use props
fans68a1e4fb
New
Flight distance : 33688 ft
Portugal

well im still running the .700 firmware with no issues as I had black images on the .800 firmware,  so for now im not in a rush to update to the .900 firmware. Sorry DJI
2017-6-25
Use props
L1f374k3r
New
Switzerland

Got the mavic pro today. I starded the firmware update on my phone and it freezed a couple times. Now i installed the dji assistant 2 on my pc and i get stuck again... on the controller i get stuck at various % sometimes at 0% or at 50% or 73% and so on, then you hear the "unplug usb sound" from windows 10 and right after it connects again and this happens about 10 times..

on the mavic it unplugs at 99% every time, then restart and connect again but i could then wait for hours, it wont get to 100% restarting everything wont help so should i wait for a fix? and does this happen often?
2017-6-25
Use props
tkiraly1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5141591 ft
United States

So had a question I just updated my DJI mavic to the new firmware 900 and I turned on my goggles and I don't see the units on the setting screen do you have to leave the goggles on when you're doing the update I do it through the DJI 4 not really computer-savvy to do the system 2 I tried downloading it and my Mac computer says there's a security issue anyways if someone can let me know if I need to keep my DJI goggles on or how do I get it when I do it on here thank you very much
2017-6-26
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

tkiraly1 Posted at 2017-6-26 04:41
So had a question I just updated my DJI mavic to the new firmware 900 and I turned on my goggles and I don't see the units on the setting screen do you have to leave the goggles on when you're doing the update I do it through the DJI 4 not really computer-savvy to do the system 2 I tried downloading it and my Mac computer says there's a security issue anyways if someone can let me know if I need to keep my DJI goggles on or how do I get it when I do it on here thank you very much

You have to scroll all the way down on the goggles menu to view that setting
2017-6-26
Use props
fans18d204c5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2949393 ft
  • >>>
United States

MaxM Posted at 2017-6-22 03:48
I just bought the Mavic yesterday and it immediately prompted that the new firmware v01.03.0900 would be required to fly the drone. unfortunately it already stopped 3 times during the update process. Last it got stuck at 100% and sat there for approximately 30 min.
Has anyone experience with the firmware update getting stuck? Any fixes? Is there maybe a possibility to download it to the phone and installing it on the drone via USB cable?
Cheers, Max

Mine always gets stuck at 99%. I wait 20 minutes, then restart and everything is good. Or so I think..
2017-6-26
Use props
kinkinhood
lvl.1
United States

Has anyone else been having an issue with .900 of constantly losing connection between controller and mavic?
2017-6-28
Use props
fans79a9d393
lvl.1
United States

randy.sauder Posted at 2017-6-22 07:00
Don't learn the hard way   Always update using the Assistant 2 program and a computer.  Much faster, works very well (app update often freezes) and doesn't use up your battery power.  Plug Mavic in first via USB, then after update, plug in your controller to update it's firmware too.  Enjoy!

Funny as I had just the opposite experience. Slow, hanging update then went back to using DJOGo4 app and wifi connection with no troubles.
2017-6-28
Use props
FLORIDADRONZ
New
Flight distance : 60207 ft
United States

I'm not happy with .900 update. I'm now noticing drifting while hovering and while making small gradual turns using yaw control my gimbal seems to make a jerking action during the turn. Never had this problem before, the MP has always been rock solid! I was noticing gimble jerk using .800. I guess I might have to go back to .700 when everything was good and rock solid. I think DJI should write software for each individual product because when you have software that works on several different products then u have issues every time.   
2017-6-28
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

FLORIDADRONZ Posted at 2017-6-28 20:38
I'm not happy with .900 update. I'm now noticing drifting while hovering and while making small gradual turns using yaw control my gimbal seems to make a jerking action during the turn. Never had this problem before, the MP has always been rock solid! I was noticing gimble jerk using .800. I guess I might have to go back to .700 when everything was good and rock solid. I think DJI should write software for each individual product because when you have software that works on several different products then u have issues every time.

I have also noticed the very slight jerk while panning slowly but thought it was me.  Perhaps this is something that should be followed up on with DJI.I don't have any drifting but the previous ability to RTH and land on the spot is now hit and miss.
2017-6-28
Use props
fans7d900695
lvl.2
Flight distance : 71654 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't know where you getting this from but I did the update and I still have to use meters instead of feet. The interface to indicate aircraft nose positioning when using head tracking has been change to a round circle. Took me a bit of time to get use to it as it also shows pitch angle
2017-6-29
Use props
fans7d900695
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I don't know where you getting this from but I did the update and I still have to use meters instead of feet. The interface to indicate aircraft nose positioning when using head tracking has been change to a round circle. Took me a bit of time to get use to it as it also shows pitch angle
2017-6-29
Use props
fans7d900695
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-6-22 05:10
Disregard...I did not scroll down far enough on the menu.

Where did you see it in the menu I can't find where to change it to feet
2017-6-29
Use props
fans7d900695
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Where do you change it to imperial units.
2017-6-29
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans7d900695 Posted at 2017-6-29 06:27
Where do you change it to imperial units.

I you're referring to the goggles...open the tools menu and scroll all the way to until you see Units
2017-6-29
Use props
fans7d900695
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I spent the whole day with the new firmware on my DJI googles.  I thought it was my imagination at first so I had to go back to ply several times. But I found out and had tracking mode was that I'm constantly having to move my head to the right to keep looking forward. For some reason the camera keeps drifting  to the right this didn't happen in the old from where although I did have to pay attention I make sure I did keep my head facing the same direction. I'm gonna call DJ are you on this but I'm going to downgrade the firmware not only does this affect her tracking but it also affects the other tracking mode and eventually I'm turning my head to keep The Mavic from turning. If you use her truck in before you will know what they're used to be a little gray area to show you whether you were in sync with facing the direction of the camera is. Now they have a sort of bubble or a round circle but not only shows you where Center is but also shows you if you're looking up or pitching up or down it's interesting and I like that feature but it's a shame. I was more interested in being out to see miles  Per hour and feet above the ground. I will wait for the next update but I will give DJ a call. I hope I haven't confused anybody as I'm having a little trouble explaining how this is happening and I'm sure there are some out there will say that I'm not holding my head correct or something but I had no trouble flying in with the older version
2017-6-29
Use props
fans7d900695
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I went back and read my post and even I don't understand so I'm sure most of you didn't. I used my phone to use speech to text and I should have re-read what I was about to post. Here is my issue with the new firmware update and I will be on the phone with DJI today. When using the head tracking gimbal mode, the first thing I noticed that they replaced the indicator that let you know you were not looking straight ahead with a round circle. Right off the bat, it would keep drifting to the right and I would have to keep turning my head to get centered. I would end up to the reset in the menu next to gimble head tracking, the last setting on the right if you are in that menu. The view would change to the bubble or circle centered and the Mavic turned about 10 to 15 degrees to the right of where I was looking before the reset. I'm pretty sure the mavic is not turning, but rather the gimbal is swinging as far it can go to the. If I get out of this mode there are no issues mavic there are no issues. I will fly it some more today to see if it is something I'm doing but I don't think so. I think I liked it better not being to able to turn the gimbal but rather just using it to look up or down. The issue seems to be there when I try to use the head tracking flight to fly the mavic, as I have found myself having to use the sticks as at some point the mavic will just keep turning to the right. Again, in normal mode, the Mavic has no issues. I hope I have cleared up the above post.
2017-6-30
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules