Do you have a spark? why?
1990 21 2017-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Thor1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

Please post if you have a spark and what you intend to use it for and some pictures/videos if you have them!

I have one and i intend to use it for extream sports like rock climbing.

2017-6-22
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

I actually have 2 Sparks, I will always keep one in side bag of my motorcycle for quick shots...once the kinks get worked out.
2017-6-22
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Canada

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-6-22 05:57
I actually have 2 Sparks, I will always keep one in side bag of my motorcycle for quick shots...once the kinks get worked out.

hopefully that will be soon, although i haven't had any problems on my first flight but ill see today when i fly it. maybe ill try the quick shots.
2017-6-22
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

I brought a spark because it is so small and compact meaning I can take it anywhere... I have put together a accessory list for everyone of new accessories I have found online, see my post here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-100926-1-1.html
2017-6-22
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Canada

Bradders Posted at 2017-6-22 06:06
I brought a spark because it is so small and compact meaning I can take it anywhere... I have put together a accessory list for everyone of new accessories I have found online, see my post here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-100926-1-1.html

thanks a lot i have been planning on doing the same so this saves a bit of work.
2017-6-22
Use props
Doolin64
lvl.1
United States

I don't have mine yet.  Size and price were the determining factors.   Maybe I'll eventually move up to a Mavic at there next release I'm not making feature films so this camera from all the videos I've watched should be more than sufficient.  
2017-6-22
Use props
Szwedu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378114 ft
Poland

I did buy it because:
In the box you can safely transport it in your backpack , tiny  so i can take it everywhere , mountain hike , bike trip etc and use it for quick pic or dronie at the top of the hill .
Mavic fits backpack too BUT , its more expensive , and i can't spend month salary on a gadget that can fal from the sky or will be used 5 only on holidays .
If i will be "hungry for adventure" and feel like editing videos is not that time consuming i will think bout mavic/ mavic 2 in the future.
2017-6-22
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Personally, I am more of a fan of smaller drones. Haven't flown a Spark yet but I like the size of it. Portability is big for me. Can't wait to fly one.
2017-6-22
Use props
RandyHat
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-6-22 09:10
Personally, I am more of a fan of smaller drones. Haven't flown a Spark yet but I like the size of it. Portability is big for me. Can't wait to fly one.

I bought the Spark to take some quickie shots for real estate photography.  I have Phantom 4 Pro and I really enjoy the higher quality camera, the range and reliability but I thought the Spark would be less conspicuous flying in neighborhoods.  Video and photo quality is adequate for this use, so is battery life and limited range.  I've only had it less than two days.  Not crazy about the wifi connection (I have the controller).  I lost connection twice and the Spark was almost directly overhead about 40ft altitude.  I'm going to give it a few more trials before I make up my mind whether to keep it.
2017-6-22
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

RandyHat Posted at 2017-6-22 09:39
I bought the Spark to take some quickie shots for real estate photography.  I have Phantom 4 Pro and I really enjoy the higher quality camera, the range and reliability but I thought the Spark would be less conspicuous flying in neighborhoods.  Video and photo quality is adequate for this use, so is battery life and limited range.  I've only had it less than two days.  Not crazy about the wifi connection (I have the controller).  I lost connection twice and the Spark was almost directly overhead about 40ft altitude.  I'm going to give it a few more trials before I make up my mind whether to keep it.

If you are using it as a tool for real estate, I can see how the portability can make a difference. Sorry to hear on the Wi Fi issue. Perhaps updating the firmware can help on that as well as re linking the remote.
2017-6-22
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Canada

have you tried to connect your RC and phone/tablet via OTG cable since you already have one? i heard it works a lot better!
2017-6-22
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

After receiving and flying the spark I really wish I hadn't bought it
2017-6-22
Use props
Doolin64
lvl.1
United States

I plan to use this for real estate as well!
2017-6-22
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Canada

Doolin64 Posted at 2017-6-22 10:10
I plan to use this for real estate as well!

i could be wrong but i feel like this would be a great drone for indoor Photography and virtual walk-throughs of homes for sale?
2017-6-22
Use props
J Beaker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 203 ft
United States

Do you have a spark?

-Yes

why?

-Because I gave DJI money for one so they pretty much had to send it.  It's just bad business to take money and not deliver a product.  
2017-6-22
Use props
Jimmers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49623 ft
United States

I bought the Spark because of its portability and quick prep time from bag to air.  I also have a Mavic but even though it's quite portable it still takes time to unfold it and connect the phone to the RC.  I also like the Spark because it's more inconspicuous and less likely to attract the attention of others.  
2017-6-22
Use props
Doolin64
lvl.1
United States

Thor1 Posted at 2017-6-22 10:15
i could be wrong but i feel like this would be a great drone for indoor Photography and virtual walk-throughs of homes for sale?

I think I'd use a DJI Osmo Mobile for that.  
2017-6-23
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Canada

Doolin64 Posted at 2017-6-23 07:42
I think I'd use a DJI Osmo Mobile for that.

well i don't have the funds for both so i need to use what i have!  a spark
2017-6-23
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Canada

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-6-22 10:12
After receiving and flying the spark I really wish I hadn't bought it

that makes sense for someone like your self with so much experience with drones like the inspire and the mavic. its not really comparable to them unfortunately but there are things you can do with the spark that you cant with those like a quick selfie and what not but i can see both sides of why people would want one or not want one. hopefully there 2nd Gen(if there is one) will incorporate more features like a bigger dji drone would have..
2017-6-23
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thor1 Posted at 2017-6-23 07:48
that makes sense for someone like your self with so much experience with drones like the inspire and the mavic. its not really comparable to them unfortunately but there are things you can do with the spark that you cant with those like a quick selfie and what not but i can see both sides of why people would want one or not want one. hopefully there 2nd Gen(if there is one) will incorporate more features like a bigger dji drone would have..

It's just the order of things, if the spark had come out last year and then the mavic then I think many would feel differently. With DJI products, long time customers are not used to having a new DJI products be a step back from the previous ones.
2017-6-23
Use props
DwoneFlyer
lvl.1

Canada

Why? To stop the kids playing with my mavic, but now I'm having more fun with the sparks and no one wants to fly the mavic
2017-6-23
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Why?
Because I like to take pictures/selfies indoor without the need for a connected smartphone or RC
2017-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules