Camera Won't Tilt After Firmware Update
2190 11 2015-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mlpdean
New

United States

I am new and just purchased my DJI Phantom Vision 2+. It was working perfectly, until I done the firmware update to the 3.12. Now the camera stays pointed straight down to the ground and will not tilt either by the app or the tilt roll button on the RC. It does however have a focused image, just will not tilt.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
Dean
2015-3-15
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Recalibrate everything, including the C1 after an upgrade.
2015-3-15
Use props
dCon0ne
lvl.2

United States

Also, don't forget to check the FPV setting, in the Vision App.  If it is checked, the Gimble will lock up for FPV flying.   But, even if it is  CHECKed, you should still be able to change the angle of the Cam, up or down.
2015-3-15
Use props
mlpdean
New

United States

Thank you for the response. I recalibrated everything except  I could not figure out how to re-calibrate the wheel on the RC that operates the tilt?
Does anyone know how?
2015-3-15
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

mlpdean@att.net Posted at 2015-3-16 08:39
Thank you for the response. I recalibrated everything except  I could not figure out how to re-calib ...

When you have the Phantom connected to the PT2 program, calibrate the C!.  There will be 2 calibration spots. It will look like the following page.  Make sure you have "upgrade version" selected and calibrate both spots.  Thumbwheel for the right one.
2015-3-15
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

this is the page.  Stick monitor on the right is for camera wheel X1.
fs upgrade.jpg
2015-3-15
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

you can also try this for the wheel, it is a manual calibration and many swear by ti...
Remote Calibration.gif
2015-3-15
Use props
mlpdean
New

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-3-16 08:44
this is the page.  Stick monitor on the right is for camera wheel X1.

It seems to be working now. The Red Arrow shows the current status. The bottom (X2) never moved during calibration. Also where the blue arrow is should this be in  basic or upgraded version?
2015-3-15
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

mlpdean@att.net Posted at 2015-3-16 10:20
It seems to be working now. The Red Arrow shows the current status. The bottom (X2) never moved du ...

It should be marked as the "upgrade version"  The thumbwheel controls the X1 slider.  The X2 will not move.  If you put your mouse on X2, it will tell you what it is used for in the left panel.  I'm glad you got it fixed.  
Happy Flying!
2015-3-15
Use props
mlpdean
New

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-3-16 10:24
It should be marked as the "upgrade version"  The thumbwheel controls the X1 slider.  The X2 will  ...

Gerry1124 Thank you so ver much. I just got this and am learning. I'm scared to death of it.

Again, Thanks
Dean
2015-3-15
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Just take things slowly, make sure you do the calibrations on your pre flight.  Read, read, and read more of the flying and I'm sure you won't have any problem.
2015-3-15
Use props
mlpdean
New

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-3-16 10:39
Just take things slowly, make sure you do the calibrations on your pre flight.  Read, read, and read ...

I will. Thanks!
2015-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules