Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What is the return policy if Activated and purchased from DJI
10015 13 2017-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AZ Flyer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 143757 ft
United States

I am looking at returning my DJI Spark, and want to know what the policy is?
Some facts:
- I purchased my spark fly-less from DJI directly on pre-order first day.
- It shipped from Commerce, California.
- I live in AZ and it arrived to me last friday (6/16).
- I activated it on 6/17.
- I have flown it 3 times in about 6 days with no accidents.

The reason for the return:
-The quickshot modes arent working like advertised (see my other thread for video evidence... quickshots are the main reason I bought it over the mavic)
- I recieved my Spark Fly-More Combo today from amazon and originally i pre-ordered the combo and the fly less, but DJI pulled a switch-er-ooo on me and backed my shipping date till July for my Fly-More. When i realized Amazon was claiming shipping in mid june, i ordered from them and cancelled the fly-more from DJI and my Fly-More just got here today.

Questions about the return: I have heard of a 7 day return policy. Do i need to pay a restocking fee? Do i need to pay for shipping? If so, just back to Commerce, CA where it shipped from, or back to China?

Im really trying to determine if i should just sell it locally for $450 (pain in the a** or go send it for a refund. Tomorrow will be 7 days for me (6 days from activation).

Thanks for the help in advance!

2017-6-22
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

Best way will be to open a case with PayPal or your credit card company under "Goods not working as advertised" since this is what you say... then DJI have to accept the return or a intemediatary will fight on your behalf
2017-6-22
Use props
AZ Flyer
lvl.1
United States

Bradders Posted at 2017-6-22 10:27
Best way will be to open a case with PayPal or your credit card company under "Goods not working as advertised" since this is what you say... then DJI have to accept the return or a intemediatary will fight on your behalf

Thanks! I might have to do that, but as a business owner, I like to give the company the ability to make it right first, because it costs us (businesses) money/time to deal with "chargebacks".  
2017-6-22
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

I am sorry to read on  you wanting to cancel. Please review the Return policy information: http://store.dji.com/right-to-cancellation

2017-6-22
Use props
AZ Flyer
lvl.1
United States

UPDATE: I wrote/sent an email and began the chat process just to see which would be better. DJI was very helpful, and agreed to fully refund the spark with no cost. After asking me where I live (Arizona) and verifying that I purchased thru DJI online, they are providing me with a pre-paid shipping label to process the return. He kind of acknowledged a problem with the quick shots and said that firmware upgrade should fix it, but when i told him my firmware was up to date, he went ahead with the return. Seems like they really stepped up their game!
2017-6-22
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
United Kingdom

AZ Flyer Posted at 2017-6-22 10:34
Thanks! I might have to do that, but as a business owner, I like to give the company the ability to make it right first, because it costs us (businesses) money/time to deal with "chargebacks".

I agree and I know charge backs can be a pain and have experienced it myself many times however I have already dealt with DJI Returns before so I speak with experience
2017-6-22
Use props
jkvenuti64
lvl.1
Flight distance : 88543 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-6-22 12:20
I am sorry to read on  you wanting to cancel. Please review the Return policy information: http://store.dji.com/right-to-cancellation

Mark,

I bought via Amazon. Amazon is requesting the return for me. I just opened the box and did some test flights. This thing is not safe. RC disconnects constantly. Hopefully DJI will be professional about this and not give me a hassle. If they do Amazon protects me but I will definitely never buy from DJI again.
2017-6-22
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

If you purchased from Amazon, you should contact the point of purchase and see what the return policy is. However, if you wanted the technicians to look at your unit, you can ship it to us and we will be happy to take a look at the aircraft. What type of unit is it?
2017-6-23
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
United Kingdom

jkvenuti64 Posted at 2017-6-22 16:48
Mark,

I bought via Amazon. Amazon is requesting the return for me. I just opened the box and did some test flights. This thing is not safe. RC disconnects constantly. Hopefully DJI will be professional about this and not give me a hassle. If they do Amazon protects me but I will definitely never buy from DJI again.

You have a mavic and inspire, dont you like either of them ? I love my spark and mavic
2017-6-23
Use props
jkvenuti64
lvl.1
Flight distance : 88543 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-6-23 06:58
If you purchased from Amazon, you should contact the point of purchase and see what the return policy is. However, if you wanted the technicians to look at your unit, you can ship it to us and we will be happy to take a look at the aircraft. What type of unit is it?

I bought the Spark Fly more combo. RC link to the aircraft disconnects when the drone is relatively close to me. Never had the issue with the mavic. I literally have to grab it out of the air to push battery button off as the unit will not land. Also, can't disable obstacle avoidance..even though it says its off in the app. Therefore I can't palm catch it as it won't stay in position. Very disappointed with the unit.
2017-6-23
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

I am sorry to read on this. Where did you purchase the unit? You may want to see if you can exchange it.
2017-6-24
Use props
fans95a6ba77
New
United States

AZ Flyer Posted at 2017-6-22 13:19
UPDATE: I wrote/sent an email and began the chat process just to see which would be better. DJI was very helpful, and agreed to fully refund the spark with no cost. After asking me where I live (Arizona) and verifying that I purchased thru DJI online, they are providing me with a pre-paid shipping label to process the return. He kind of acknowledged a problem with the quick shots and said that firmware upgrade should fix it, but when i told him my firmware was up to date, he went ahead with the return. Seems like they really stepped up their game!

This couldn't be more opposite of my experience. DJI chat treated me unbelievably bad. And actually lied about their return policy. Told me that if the Spark was activated it could not be returned.
2017-6-25
Use props
Snoh
New
United States

AZ Flyer Posted at 2017-6-22 13:19

Hi AZ Flyer and Mark

I am in the exact same situation with a store in San Francisco that is called an "Authorized DJI store" but are saying that they are not part of DJI. I have used the Spark for less than an hour and realized that the Mavic Pro is more what I am looking for. I purchased the Spark on Friday, activated on Saturday, and tried to return on Monday. However they are saying I need to pay 50% fee if I want to refund and buy the Mavic. This makes no sense to me. Who did you contact to start the chat process? Hopefully my situation will end as your did.
2017-8-23
Use props
fans9b91dfa1
lvl.1
United States

Okay first of all, your state set protections for your purchase.  Call you attorney generals office and a paralegal can answer the questions and what the reseller can and cannot charge you.  They cannot give you legal advice but can give you the rules.  Now you will be empires to deal with the resellers accordingly.  You will find that you have more rights then the merchant reveals
2017-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules