Corel Aftershot 3.0
2123 4 2017-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

Is there a plugin for Corel to import DNG?  Aftershot should take DNG, but it won't seem to take the DJI DNG's.

This is a pretty good bundle this week for only $12, but it would be perfect if I can get DNG's imported into Aftershot.

https://www.humblebundle.com/software-bundle

2017-6-22
Use props
oscar-dk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14495 ft
Denmark

you are the only one in the world using Aftershot  
2017-6-22
Use props
RCNJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 114665 ft
France

Hey pal I remembered you try to avoid lots of post work on vids, mind sharing your settings bud ? Having a hard time getting decent results, think you said 1080p and not above 30fps ? What color settings you use if you don't mind me asking.....
2017-6-22
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

oscar-dk Posted at 2017-6-22 12:17
you are the only one in the world using Aftershot

Maybe.  I looked at is as a bonus when buying the bundle, as what I really wanted was Sony's Sound Forge and $100 worth of VPN service for only $12.  That easy music maker app might come in handy for making some audio to go along with my video's too, but we shall see.  

The only reason I tried it is the photography blogs are gushing over it saying it is better or equal than Adobe's Lightroom at 4x faster for processing RAW files.  Example:  http://www.photographyblog.com/r ... hot_pro_3_review/2/ I don't want to pay Adobe a monthly subscription so I avoid them whenever I can.

But if it won't open my DNG's, I have little use for it.
2017-6-22
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

RCNJ Posted at 2017-6-22 14:05
Hey pal I remembered you try to avoid lots of post work on vids, mind sharing your settings bud ? Having a hard time getting decent results, think you said 1080p and not above 30fps ? What color settings you use if you don't mind me asking.....

Well, I think I see your flicker issue with high detail settings.  I think it is still there in the higher resolutions, but since the pixels are smaller, it doesn't jump out at you as much.

I took some video of some rocks and I can see it flicker, but I think it due to high shutter and high ISO.  When I put the Polar Pro filters on, I get motion blur instead of flicker.  I haven't fully tested this out yet to find the best settings to get rid of it yet though.

What I have been using lately is 30 FPS max, +1+1+0 on the sharpness / contrast / saturation settings, 100 ISO with 60 FPS shutter speed, and for white balance I let the machine decide for me and then I loc it in under custom, or I use Sunny or Cloudy default settings.  Been using Cinelike for my color settings...

With that said, I have broken down and started using LUT's and the like in Postprocessing.  You probably already figured that out though from my settings.   

Blackmagic's Free Davinci Resolve with whatever LUT's you want to use is getting pretty easy now.
2017-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules