What is the best 3rd party charger? Does the Powerextra Mavic fit?
1837 6 2017-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa4f21b96
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12267 ft
Germany

What is the best 3rd party charger, ideally something like the Powerextra Mavic Pro 5 in 1.
http://www.powerextra.com/produc ... r-usb-charging-hub/
Does the Powerextra Mavic Pro 5 in 1 actually fit the Spark batteries?
Since I'm still waiting for my spark to be delivered, can anybody check and tell?

2017-6-23
Use props
Nikon 1
lvl.4
United States

Spark battery has completely different charging contacts than a Mavic, so this charger will not work with the Spark batteries without some type of convertor, which I have not seen yet.

So far, it seems that DJI has the only multiple battery charger - that which is included in the FlyMore Combo and available on the DJI Store site.  You can charge 3 batteries at a time in the DJI charging hub.
2017-6-23
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

No they use a different connector, see this charger http://amzn.to/2rYsbGA look how big the connector leads are, and this charger look how small the connectors are http://amzn.to/2t1BwNG
2017-6-23
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

as @Nikon 1 has said, the DJI Spark multiple battery charger is more than sufficient and it charges faster than using the USB cable.
2017-6-23
Use props
rickysuperdog
Second Officer
Flight distance : 929429 ft
Hong Kong

Get a QC3.0 USB charger or power bank and charge the Spark with battery installed
Compare:
Power hub charge one battery needs about 50mins.
QC3.0 USB charger or power bank needs about 1hour and 5mins.  Normal USB charger needs about 2-3hours

2017-6-23
Use props
fansa4f21b96
lvl.2
Germany

Nikon 1 Posted at 2017-6-23 02:19
Spark battery has completely different charging contacts than a Mavic, so this charger will not work with the Spark batteries without some type of convertor, which I have not seen yet.

So far, it seems that DJI has the only multiple battery charger - that which is included in the FlyMore Combo and available on the DJI Store site.  You can charge 3 batteries at a time in the DJI charging hub.

thanks for the clarification, that's helpful. I wonder though when alternative charger will be available.
Due to the long lead times, I ordered the Spark (only) via Amazon US to a friend who brings it to me to Europe this weekend, and now I wonder what charger I can use until the DJI charger will be available (realistically aroud mid July). Is there a simple USB charger I can use, like the one for an Ipad? I understand the battery will be charged with 13.04V.
2017-6-23
Use props
fansa4f21b96
lvl.2
Germany

rickysuperdog Posted at 2017-6-23 03:12
Get a QC3.0 USB charger or power bank and charge the Spark with battery installed
Compare:
Power hub charge one battery needs about 50mins.

Got you, just ordered a simple QC3.0 USB charger with same outpot as the original DJI USB charger (5 V/3 A; 9 V/2 A; 12 V/1.5 A), Thanks!
2017-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules