Are you satisfy with the range get from your Spark with Remote co...
45015 249 2017-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

MattyMo Posted at 2017-7-3 13:10
I'm new to the drone world... however, I'm running into an issue which may not be the same.  While flying over a lake (open area; no power lines) my spark announces I've reached the maximum distance of 1500 feet.  It's in Sport Mode (not beginner).  What am I missing?  

FYI - I'm flying in the United States and I'm using an iPhone to the DJI Spark/Remote Flymore Combo.  

Are you sure the distance limitation inside the setting is not on?
2017-7-3
Use props
Jptsrone
lvl.2
United States

My comfort zone so far has been around 200 feet. Remote preformed flawlessly at that range. I went max height and about 1000 feet out once just to see if it would do it. With my old eyes I need the screen at that distance so I wouldn't be flying much further out. Screen got a little wonky and the video skipped a couple times but nothing major. I'm satisfied with the remote because it works within the distance I'm comfortable with. I can certainly see why others are disappointed with the range though.
2017-7-4
Use props
Tango Tango
lvl.1
United States

Dragonfly47 Posted at 2017-6-27 06:21
2700 meters in flat rural land with no modifications.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=But1Bxkn8CE

Great test! Thank you.
2017-7-4
Use props
BiPiotr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 305413 ft
Poland

500 meters distance and 250 altitude is a bit dissapointing, but as those are CE limits of radio power - so one have to live with it ... for 99% of use scenarios it is fine, it dissapoints in the urban areas though ...
2017-7-5
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

BiPiotr Posted at 2017-7-5 00:42
500 meters distance and 250 altitude is a bit dissapointing, but as those are CE limits of radio power - so one have to live with it ... for 99% of use scenarios it is fine, it dissapoints in the urban areas though ...

slightly over 500meters distance I can only achieve in country side area.  Urban area I got range from 90-200max....
2017-7-5
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

let’s get this moving, we still have another two weeks to see the final result.
2017-7-5
Use props
MattyMo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36949 ft
United States

MAVICDLNM Posted at 2017-7-3 23:07
Are you sure the distance limitation inside the setting is not on?

Yes - it was on limited distance... Just a newbie I guess.  Thanks for the help!
2017-7-8
Use props
bcharleson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 521811 ft
  • >>>
United States

I’d have to say I enjoy flying the Spark. I know there are many other top models out there, but for the price, the features and ultimately the size, it does very well. I love to have the option to use gesture, smart phone, remote controller, and I even enjoy paring the remote to the iPad to enjoy the Drone shots on the bigger screen. As an intro Drone and minimalist, it
2017-7-8
Use props
bcharleson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 521811 ft
  • >>>
United States

^ continuing post, it does the job very well. I would highly recommend on top of using the remote controller to get the Mavic iPad mount.
2017-7-8
Use props
Bernal
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1143251 ft
  • >>>
Mexico

Satisfied
IMG_5819.PNG
2017-7-8
Use props
Bobesh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 270840 ft
Czechia

I got my Spark yesterday, and I can only get little over 100m of distance (or height) before RC disconnects or loses video feed. On 2nd battery, it is much more frequent. Also, the wifi signal when Spark is 10m away from me is showing only 2 bars! There is no difference when I connect trough cable (with airplane mode on) or wi-fi. I naturally started looking up the issue, and a number of people having this issue is worrying. I fly in an entirely open area near the forest, couple old cabins, basically no interference.

As it is obvious that some people have no issues in dense areas, this seems like an RC hardware fault. I would like to get this problem fixed asap.
2017-7-8
Use props
kasei
lvl.2
Flight distance : 118399 ft
Germany

Bobesh Posted at 2017-7-8 14:20
I got my Spark yesterday, and I can only get little over 100m of distance (or height) before RC disconnects or loses video feed. On 2nd battery, it is much more frequent. Also, the wifi signal when Spark is 10m away from me is showing only 2 bars! There is no difference when I connect trough cable (with airplane mode on) or wi-fi. I naturally started looking up the issue, and a number of people having this issue is worrying. I fly in an entirely open area near the forest, couple old cabins, basically no interference.

As it is obvious that some people have no issues in dense areas, this seems like an RC hardware fault. I would like to get this problem fixed asap.

wich transmission did you use ? 5 or 2.4G

i had troubles with 5G, Sprunky disconnected above some trees, luckily RTH and reconnect midair...

On a wide and long field i had much better range although i change to 2.4
After folowing the steps for 2.4 USBOTG i could go for at least 600m with usable video feed and full RC connection, no Signal loss or weak transmission notification.

I think for CE users (Europe, Australia) 2.4 is a must! And a USBOTG to get rid of wifi interference from the phone. wifi blutooth off. Maybe i get even more stability/range turning airplanmode on.

To use 2.4 with USBOTG you have to practise the steps a bit
I`ll
1. Turn on the RC
2. Connect Phone to RC WIFI
3. Turn On Sprunky
4. Wait till everything connected and "go  fly"
5. Three Dots right up corner, go to wifisettings switch to 2.4, wait a bit to choos best Channel, OK
6. While the Spark changes to 2.4 and restart WIFI quickly turn off PHONEWIFI and connect USBOTG
7. accept the popup for datatransfer (android)
8. wait until Aircraft reconnect, maybe go back an "go fly" again

worked for me the last few flights without problems.
funny thing is for me 2.4 only works like that with USBOTG. after switching to 2.4 my Phone cant see the RCs wifi. But id rather use a cable anyway.
2017-7-8
Use props
Bobesh
lvl.3
Czechia

kasei Posted at 2017-7-8 15:53

i had troubles with 5G, Sprunky disconnected above some trees, luckily RTH and reconnect midair...

I'll try today and see.
2017-7-8
Use props
Bobesh
lvl.3
Czechia

Bobesh Posted at 2017-7-8 22:06
I'll try today and see.

So I've just tried, and it extended the range a little bit. I was able to fly +-250m, but with the clear line of sight aircraft disconnected and automatic RTH was triggered. But I had to be connected by the cable as when I switched to 2.4G, wifi from controller never showed up.
2017-7-8
Use props
fans1aa37bca
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1829219 ft
Singapore

Bradders Posted at 2017-6-23 14:04
Has anyone tried these range extenders on the Spark, being that the Spark uses pure wIfi im thinking they would help, let me know, I want to know if they make a difference before i buy them. http://amzn.to/2t4EUrb

Bought one, but haven't arrived yet ;)
2017-7-8
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

Nice! let me know how it works please
2017-7-9
Use props
kasei
lvl.2
Germany

Bobesh Posted at 2017-7-8 23:29
So I've just tried, and it extended the range a little bit. I was able to fly +-250m, but with the clear line of sight aircraft disconnected and automatic RTH was triggered. But I had to be connected by the cable as when I switched to 2.4G, wifi from controller never showed up.

Maybe there are more interferences where you fly, powerlines, some kind of structures.
Did you try airplane mode on your phone? Turnoff bluetoothdevices etc.

I had 600m+ on a big open field rural area about 20m up. Maybe try an other area as well.

Although try to adjust the antennas. Parrallel up for forward flight. And down for high altitude..
2017-7-9
Use props
Bobesh
lvl.3
Czechia

kasei Posted at 2017-7-9 01:33
Maybe there are more interferences where you fly, powerlines, some kind of structures.
Did you try airplane mode on your phone? Turnoff bluetoothdevices etc.

There was absolutely nothing around. Empty field, nothing between me and the drone. No powerlines, houses... Just nothing
2017-7-9
Use props
ap_sparky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20574 ft
Germany

kasei Posted at 2017-7-8 15:53

Thanks for the explanation. One more thing: if you are already connected to the RC via USBOTG, then you will have to disconnect and reconnect via Wifi.
2017-7-9
Use props
kasei
lvl.2
Germany

Bobesh Posted at 2017-7-9 02:30
There was absolutely nothing around. Empty field, nothing between me and the drone. No powerlines, houses... Just nothing

thats really strange, i hope its not your hardware and it gets fixed in the next updates.

i had some image lag today, but i flew in the woods with some small hills, so i think 2.4 couldnt really penetrate. took some time too to find GPS...
rc connection was still strong though, but i didnt try higher than 100m and just a few meters away.

2017-7-9
Use props
kasei
lvl.2
Germany

ap_sparky Posted at 2017-7-9 06:35
Thanks for the explanation. One more thing: if you are already connected to the RC via USBOTG, then you will have to disconnect and reconnect via Wifi.

yes that is true. hope they let us choose wifi with USBOTG soon or at least save the settings.

like this theres no fast batterychange, you have to set it up every time...
2017-7-9
Use props
DGold21
lvl.1
United States

Just received mine on Friday, today I went out to test the range. RC connected to Galaxy S8+ via USB-OTG cable, wifi turned off; took it up to about 350ft high, and about 1500ft out, until I could barely see it. That's about as comfortable as I am with it right now, but it performed perfectly...no video cutouts, no lag, strong signals throughout. Yesterday with the iPad mini (OTG), it wasn't nearly as problem-free.
2017-7-9
Use props
Bobesh
lvl.3
Czechia

kasei Posted at 2017-7-9 10:31
thats really strange, i hope its not your hardware and it gets fixed in the next updates.

i had some image lag today, but i flew in the woods with some small hills, so i think 2.4 couldnt really penetrate. took some time too to find GPS...

I will contact DJI Support as I'm running out of options. More I read about RC issues; more I see that mine is probably "affected".

People who are flying way further and in much more dense areas as having almost no signal issues, where I have a clear line of sight, and video feed or complete disconnects happens all the time.
2017-7-9
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Bobesh Posted at 2017-7-8 14:20

depends on the location and country, there are CE and FCC standard which have huge different in range.
2017-7-9
Use props
fanseb96668f
lvl.1
Switzerland

MAVICDLNM Posted at 2017-6-27 17:44
The result showed more than one third totally not satisfy with the range claimed by DJI after few days put up this vote.  I seriously think DJI should do something in up next firmware to improve the wifi connection between RC and spark, not just range.  My expectation of Spark is not fly 1-2km far, if it can fly few hundreds meters but stable video feed and control I am more than happy.  But now I experience disconnect with 5meters, thats remind me the old time with Bebop and SKC nightmare.

Hello mate, I have the same problem than you. I was flying in Switzerland and Spain, and the maximum distance in country side, without any obstacle was 200m. No more. Maybe it's a country restriction. Because, all the guys who are reporting long distances are reporting in feet (they are in US).

I think the DJI app detects the country and reduces the Wi Fi power.
2017-7-10
Use props
Bobesh
lvl.3
Czechia

MAVICDLNM Posted at 2017-7-9 18:47
depends on the location and country, there are CE and FCC standard which have huge different in range.

That actually never occurred to me. I'll check the details...
2017-7-10
Use props
fanseb96668f
lvl.1
Switzerland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-28 00:38
Really sorry for the trouble that has been caused, hope our engineer will get it sorted out shortly.

Hello,

I have the same issue. No more than 200m in country side. And also the video quality is very bad, and lag.
2017-7-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fanseb96668f Posted at 2017-7-10 01:11
Hello,

I have the same issue. No more than 200m in country side. And also the video quality is very bad, and lag.

Did you fly the drone by the RC or the mobile device? Please avoid turning on Bluetooth or wearing any Bluetooth watch during flight, besides, you may switch the channel from 2.4G to 5.8G. And what mobile device are you using?
2017-7-10
Use props
fanse131d7a2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 58412 ft
Hong Kong

I feel you, I'm in HK too and i've been getting very short range from the RC. Could hardly get over 80m altitude.
2017-7-10
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

fanseb96668f Posted at 2017-7-10 01:10
Hello mate, I have the same problem than you. I was flying in Switzerland and Spain, and the maximum distance in country side, without any obstacle was 200m. No more. Maybe it's a country restriction. Because, all the guys who are reporting long distances are reporting in feet (they are in US).

I think the DJI app detects the country and reduces the Wi Fi power.

Yes man, probably thats the case with the limitation of CE and different with FCC standard.  That sucks!
2017-7-10
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

fanse131d7a2 Posted at 2017-7-10 06:08
I feel you, I'm in HK too and i've been getting very short range from the RC. Could hardly get over 80m altitude.

There is a mod to DJI GO last weekend.  Do you download it and try?  Thats the config file to by pass CE to change it to FCC standard.  I am bit late to find out and already removed.
2017-7-10
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I can't actually see the addiction to seeing how far you can fly your drones. Yes, DJI report that any given model can fly this far and that far but seriously.....Plan your fly area, use it for what you need and be happy. Admittedly some people do have issues which come about via faulty equipment or local conditions or even user error. Looking through the forums for both P4P and Spark, it seems some people should never have purchased either drone in the 1st place #Alittlebitstupid. I only took delivery of mine yesterday and had no issues at all when the weather cleared up and I was able to take it out. Another thing was this.....I treated it just like my P4P in setting it up, charging, firmware checks - both were current firmware, waiting for GPS lock and altering the internal settings - RTN altitude, max height and distance. I also use the hardwired option to connect Android Sony Experia phone to controller - No issues at all. Again, reading through it leads me to think that a lot of people just do not do any checks at all. Early days - Yes, New options needed - Yes, Common sense.....A lot of people just don't have it.
2017-7-10
Use props
Unknown User
lvl.2
Flight distance : 63615 ft
Hong Kong

fanse131d7a2 Posted at 2017-7-10 06:08

I'm flying in Hong Kong as well. Since this is my first drone there's been a lot to learn. I don't know if it's because this is the concrete jungle? Most businesses and households have wifi at home. Buildings blocking GPS all the time, and the amount of steel around us. I'm pretty nervous every time I fly. My record is around 98-99 meters in the city, but typically I just lose signal after 40-50 meters height. I'm too afraid to send it far out. If anyone has recommendations where to fly for good shots I would love to hear it.
Screenshot_20170711-163901.png
2017-7-11
Use props
Lian82
lvl.4
Flight distance : 796775 ft
Italy

I saw a video where a spark plugged in 2.4ghz OTG in France came to 900m. How is it possible there is no block at 500metres for Europe?
2017-7-11
Use props
kasei
lvl.2
Germany

Lian82 Posted at 2017-7-11 02:43
I saw a video where a spark plugged in 2.4ghz OTG in France came to 900m. How is it possible there is no block at 500metres for Europe?

why should there be a block ?
the 500m in CE on 2.4 is a estimate from DJI with the poweroutput they are allowed in CE regualted countries.
Its not the distance whats prohibited in Europe its the efficency of the transmitting power, if the spark goes over the estimate hes lucky, not structures, magnetic fields, other transmissions etc interferring.

if dji would regulate the distance accordingly to the laws (germany, us ...) it couldnt fly more than 100m, after that nobody can see wich way this little thing is going...
2017-7-11
Use props
French Spark HK
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Unknown User Posted at 2017-7-11 00:41
I'm flying in Hong Kong as well. Since this is my first drone there's been a lot to learn. I don't know if it's because this is the concrete jungle? Most businesses and households have wifi at home. Buildings blocking GPS all the time, and the amount of steel around us. I'm pretty nervous every time I fly. My record is around 98-99 meters in the city, but typically I just lose signal after 40-50 meters height. I'm too afraid to send it far out. If anyone has recommendations where to fly for good shots I would love to hear it.

I'm in HK too, I flew in Cheng sha beach and Victoria park, I heard cyber port is good too
I'm organising a HK Spark owners meet up, join the FB group DJI Spark HK, I created an event
2017-7-11
Use props
Unknown User
lvl.2
Flight distance : 63615 ft
Hong Kong

French Spark HK Posted at 2017-7-11 07:33
I'm in HK too, I flew in Cheng sha beach and Victoria park, I heard cyber port is good too
I'm organising a HK Spark owners meet up, join the FB group DJI Spark HK, I created an event

Thanks! I'm only getting about 48 meters from Victoria Park. I'll go check out the group.
2017-7-11
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

kasei Posted at 2017-7-11 04:50
why should there be a block ?
the 500m in CE on 2.4 is a estimate from DJI with the poweroutput they are allowed in CE regualted countries.
Its not the distance whats prohibited in Europe its the efficency of the transmitting power, if the spark goes over the estimate hes lucky, not structures, magnetic fields, other transmissions etc interferring.

yes most people confuse with CE power limits or distance limit.
2017-7-11
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

French Spark HK Posted at 2017-7-11 07:33

NOT Cyberport is NO drone allow in day time, there is guard around will stop you immediately try to take off.
2017-7-11
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Unknown User Posted at 2017-7-11 08:20
Thanks! I'm only getting about 48 meters from Victoria Park. I'll go check out the group.

Not to be a drone police.  But Victoria Park is also NO Drone area, and it stated clearly at the front gate no RC allowed.  So whenever you try to play there next time be as low profile as possible.
2017-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules