Are you satisfy with the range get from your Spark with Remote co...
45068 249 2017-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Greg - TheHuski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Australia

After a partial fly off I'm less inclined now to push the Spark out too far..  So happy with what it can do distance wise..
2018-9-4
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
United States

WilfredSparkman 0 Posted at 2018-9-4 08:21
Thanks for your help here.....
I'll be honest, I'm more confused now than i was this morning before i had started reading about.
So i have to fill in some forms to register, it takes a while to get the confirmation. Thats all fine. But I also MUST pay a high price for public liability insurance for a 2 week holiday of NON COMMERCIAL hobby flying away from the general public>??? And then prove i have bought this insurance???

As someone from the Uk (in case the location shown is right), where a compulsory insurance may become mandatory soon, you should start looking for one with world wide cover anyway. ;-)
I have insurance, it is needed in more and more countries. In case you wanna fly legally.

In case you dont care, to fly legally, you dont need a insurance.
Most insurances are not covering when you break the law, anyway.
The good thing in Thailand (which is a bad thing, usually): You get caught and pay the fine and/or the damage, no ploblem
2018-9-5
Use props
WilfredSparkman 0
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182215 ft
United Kingdom

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-9-5 00:48
As someone from the Uk (in case the location shown is right), where a compulsory insurance may become mandatory soon, you should start looking for one with word wide cover anyway. ;-)
I have insurance, it is needed in more and more countries. In case you wanna fly legally.

Yes yes my friend i am based in UK>
Well i already have drone insurance that covers me in Europe but not public liability insurance as i am not a commercial drone pilot and only do it as a hobby and chuck stuff on my instagram @wildwillgreen
My insurance company advised me against it as i am only a hobby pilot and also it was a £500 policy!!! I hear other people have insured for their Thai trip at around £200 for a 2 week period!!! I do not want to pay that!! I don't plan on being a pest and flying over people or towns etc but i really don't want grief from Thai police and have to pay any kind of hefty bribe or have my Spark taken away!!!!
2018-9-5
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

sibu Posted at 2017-11-25 22:41
Don't use them...not worth it...  just makes your RC bulkier...

I disagree. I use them and they do work 100%!!!

Fly safe.
Alex.
2018-9-5
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer

Spain

Here is the link to my 2300 meters flight along the beach. Enjoy

https://www.skypixel.com/videos/ ... -castelldefels-2300

Fly safe everyone.
Alex.
2018-9-5
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer

Spain

I just did 3040 meters one way!
So I’m veeery satisfied with my little sparky2
In fact so satisfied that I’m not gonna buy the 4hawks raptor sr antenna, that initially I was going to buy.
But it’s not necessary in my case for the spark, only the plastic parabolic range extenders are needed to achieve the maximum flight distance, that you are only limited by the battery.
I will upload a video of the long distance flight a bit later.

Fly safe everyone
Alex
2018-9-7
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer

Spain

https://www.skypixel.com/videos/ ... -castelldefels-3040

3km one way
2018-9-8
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer

Spain

https://youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=PHaIM_2IwmA
2018-9-8
Use props
Jacob Williams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 824560 ft
United States

In urban areas, the connection is super crowded and noisy and usually objects such as trees, houses or other things are blocking your antennas line of signal.  I usually get 600 meters but once I went to an open soccer field that was wide open and I got over 3.5 kilometers and I was still going strong. The only thing that stopped me from going farther was the Spark's battery life. I was totally blown away with the range I got at the soccer field.
2018-12-23
Use props
Jacob Williams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 824560 ft
United States

In urban areas, the connection is super crowded and noisy and usually objects such as trees, houses or other things are blocking your antennas line of signal.  I usually get 600 meters but once I went to an open soccer field that was wide open and I got over 3.5 kilometers and I was still going strong. The only thing that stopped me from going farther was the Spark's battery life. I was totally blown away with the range I got at the soccer field.
2018-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules