Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Now I am feeling tricked by DJI
5396 67 2017-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GIdoc
lvl.2
United States

Maybe it depends if it is connected to either phone or RC before hand.... verses not connecting it and it flying solo?
2017-6-30
Use props
motopa
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88615 ft
Spain

Thor1 Posted at 2017-6-30 07:16
maybe if you changed the home point to the controller? maybe that would fix your problem

yes... but if you are riding bicycle or motorcycle, or running... you can´t do it every 100 meters...
2017-6-30
Use props
OneMatt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 155984 ft
Canada

motopa Posted at 2017-6-30 10:36
yes... but if you are riding bicycle or motorcycle, or running... you can´t do it every 100 meters...

Agreed. If you are connected to a controller (app or RC), it should follow indefinitely. Put phone in your pocket and ride. 100m makes sense if you are in gesture mode only, as if it accidentally tracks someone else, you want it to come back.
2017-6-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

motopa Posted at 2017-6-30 04:55
limitation 1: no photos in gesture mode. 1440x1080=no photo, icon size. Then, you can´t use the gesture mode (for what? no photo... and no video...). Gesture mode it´s fantastic for selfie... you don´t need open app, take off from palm... all very fast. But doesn´t work.

limitation 2: 100 meteres from home point (where you start) in active track mode... you can´t run bicycle, motorbike, atv .... more than 100 meters from you start point, even spark is 5 meters away from you.

I think you would have been aware of 100 meters from home point with AT, In fact you can go almost 200 meters . If you go 100 meters from homepoint you can turn around and go back passing homepoint at 100 meters and continue for another 100 meters making 200 meters, or you can go 100 meters from your homepoint then do a complete circle around your homepoint and this could be around 400 meters.

Or you could just buy RC but even with this you will be limited by battery. Don't be making excuses about something you already purchased just use your imagination and you may open a Pandora's box.
2017-6-30
Use props
motopa
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88615 ft
Spain

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-6-30 11:04
I think you would have been aware of 100 meters from home point with AT, In fact you can go almost 200 meters . If you go 100 meters from homepoint you can turn around and go back passing homepoint at 100 meters and continue for another 100 meters making 200 meters, or you can go 100 meters from your homepoint then do a complete circle around your homepoint and this could be around 400 meters.

Or you could just buy RC but even with this you will be limited by battery. Don't be making excuses about something you already purchased just use your imagination and you may open a Pandora's box.

yes... that´s a way... and you can run in circle 10 times and your spark follow 6km .

I didn´t buy, thanks to I read forums I discovered I can use for only I want it (gesture modo and selfie, and active track for bicicyle-motorcycle offroad- atv offroad).

I prefer spark to mavic, it´s cheaper, lighter, discrete.... but seems I will be force to buy mavic (and I prefer spark¡¡¡).

Yes... buy a remote can help to remove this active track limit... but I don´t want do it. To buy a spark with remote, I buy a mavic.

Regards
2017-6-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

[quote]motopa Posted at 2017-6-30 11:34
yes... that´s a way... and you can run in circle 10 times and your spark follow 6km .

I didn´t buy, thanks to I read forums I discovered I can use for

Buy a Mavic so, better value, you can't expect Spark at half the price to be the Mavic .
2017-6-30
Use props
filippos_sdr
New

Greece

rickysuperdog Posted at 2017-6-30 07:12
I use palm take off, fly mode no change, use gesture take photo, and then palm landing, download from the Spark and got 3698x2976 image. Provided that I always connect the RC to the Spark and mobile before take off.

How did you manage to take a 12 selfie in gesture mode??? In the manual and some other people noticed that their photo in gesture and active track mode is 1440x1080p.
2017-6-30
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-6-30 12:09
[quote]motopa Posted at 2017-6-30 11:34

"Buy a Mavic so, better value, you can't expect Spark at half the price to be the Mavic ."...Well said, IMO I believe that over 50% of these threads are current DJI owners expecting this "Story Telling", entry level/"selfie" device to perform like the Mavic or Phantom.  Don't get me wrong there are surely issues surrounding the WIFI and some of the gesture modes.
2017-7-1
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

Szwedu Posted at 2017-6-28 00:00
READ what i wrote :
Selfies and videos are full resolution ON THE SD CARD

IF they are stored there .................. Multiple users find no images at all on SD because Spark simply doesn´t save them on SD ..............
2017-7-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-1 02:23
"Buy a Mavic so, better value, you can't expect Spark at half the price to be the Mavic ."...Well said, IMO I believe that over 50% of these threads are current DJI owners expecting this "Story Telling", entry level/"selfie" device to perform like the Mavic or Phantom.  Don't get me wrong there are surely issues surrounding the WIFI and some of the gesture modes.

The issues with spark are small, a lot of them new flyers getting used to how everything works and probably super anxious to get started , those will iron themselves out, for those with RC maybe dji can sort proper lead and connection without interference.

But spark is more about fun not serious videos and if you treat it like that you will get more out of it. I do believe there are many who can create some nice stuff, but just flying this little thing in sport mode is great fun and a great way to learn to handle a drone.

The whole portability and the fact it's not going to bother many people is great, you can take this thing anywhere and have a bundle of fun and great memories.
2017-7-1
Use props
Szwedu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378114 ft
Poland

Ok i have re-checked the selfie :
It turns out that if you don't turn on your phone and connect it to DJI-Go4 the selfies will be 1440 on the microSD so it IS a problem .
and when the spark is not connected to the phone i can tell he have mach more problem with recognizing selfie gesture , more testing needed but i was doing it in my living room at evening.
So all my good selfies ware made with gesture but with app connected to phone.
2017-7-1
Use props
RedSunset
New

Germany

would be great if an official dji supporter would tell us if this big problem will be fixed soon... otherwise the gesture mode is worthless ...
2017-7-3
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 8351585 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I have found my gesture self pics are 1440x1080 or about 1MB in size.  The normal camera pics are 3968x2979 or 6.7MB.  Considering what the intended use of the self pic is ie share on social media, a smaller file may be better as 6X less data is required to post it.
2017-7-3
Use props
Szwedu
lvl.4
Poland

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 2017-7-3 07:13
I have found my gesture self pics are 1440x1080 or about 1MB in size.  The normal camera pics are 3968x2979 or 6.7MB.  Considering what the intended use of the self pic is ie share on social media, a smaller file may be better as 6X less data is required to post it.

This is a point to think on but if we take Quick shots they are few MB so i think even today , our cellular data plan can handle few MB data for a selfie . And i get they can/have to be small BUT the picture is full of ISO Noise ,it's just garbage...
On my phone i can downscale my photos to 2MP but if i don't zoom in they look just as good.
2017-7-3
Use props
0dayDJIproblem
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-7-3
Use props
OneMatt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 155984 ft
Canada

Just tested my Spark, get 12mp selfies both with app and gesture-only control. There is a low res preview downloaded, but when I load from the gallery i get the whole deal.
2017-7-5
Use props
U.k.sharif
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-1 02:23

I bought it because I need a drone which can take selfies. The video capabilities, etc, not expected to be a patch on a Mavic. Lots of other compromises.

But not being able to take any more than a 1080p selfie in gesture mode is staggering.
2017-7-6
Use props
U.k.sharif
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 2017-7-3 07:13

That's fair, but I can take 24 megapixel photos on my DSLR at 2.5mb, so it's not an issue with size, really.
2017-7-6
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

U.k.sharif Posted at 2017-7-6 07:17
That's fair, but I can take 24 megapixel photos on my DSLR at 2.5mb, so it's not an issue with size, really.

True but can your DSLR fly?
2017-7-6
Use props
U.k.sharif
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 2017-7-6 07:26
True but can your DSLR fly?

No, but it takes high quality photos. Not sure why flight would cause photos to be 6 times the size...
2017-7-6
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

U.k.sharif Posted at 2017-7-6 07:39
No, but it takes high quality photos. Not sure why flight would cause photos to be 6 times the size...

Photos taken with shutter release on the remote or Go app are six times larger than selfie pics taken in gesture mode.
2017-7-6
Use props
U.k.sharif
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 2017-7-6 07:48
Photos taken with shutter release on the remote or Go app are six times larger than selfie pics taken in gesture mode.

I know, I think there's a misunderstanding.

I responded to you saying it was to keep file size down, but I was saying I take 24MP .jpegs at 2.5MP, so I'm surprised a 12MP photo takes 6.5MB or so.

The fact the gesture mode takes low-quality photo is another issue entirely. To clarify, I'm just saying I don't think the size is being limited for social media purposes.
2017-7-6
Use props
Szwedu
lvl.4
Poland

Okay here is a short video on the gesture mode and taking a selfie with it ,you can see that the original downloaded photo will be full resolutio .
I made it quick, next time I will do a full review of gesture mode and it's resolution dependent on the connection with the phone and app  

2017-7-6
Use props
Fractures
lvl.3
Flight distance : 635531 ft
United States

U.k.sharif Posted at 2017-7-6 07:16
I bought it because I need a drone which can take selfies. The video capabilities, etc, not expected to be a patch on a Mavic. Lots of other compromises.

But not being able to take any more than a 1080p selfie in gesture mode is staggering.

Are you not reading.. you can take full res pictures they're stored on the sd card.
2017-7-6
Use props
U.k.sharif
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Fractures Posted at 2017-7-6 15:09
Are you not reading.. you can take full res pictures they're stored on the sd card.

I'm going by my e-mail conversations with DJI and a phone call yesterday with DJI Technical Support. And the fact a lot of people are still saying they have 2MP photos on their card.

There's definitely disparity in experiences here, unless you think all of those with 2MP files on their SD cards are idiots
2017-7-7
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

U.k.sharif Posted at 2017-7-7 01:54
I'm going by my e-mail conversations with DJI and a phone call yesterday with DJI Technical Support. And the fact a lot of people are still saying they have 2MP photos on their card.

There's definitely disparity in experiences here, unless you think all of those with 2MP files on their SD cards are idiots

There's definitely disparity in experiences here...I agree.  Every time this thread makes its way back to the top of this forum I go outside I take pics with my Spark in order to see if I'm not understanding what some people are saying here.  I then take out the SD card, upload images to my pc and they are full res.
2017-7-7
Use props
U.k.sharif
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-7 01:59
There's definitely disparity in experiences here...I agree.  Every time this thread makes its way back to the top of this forum I go outside I take pics with my Spark in order to see if I'm not understanding what some people are saying here.  I then take out the SD card, upload images to my pc and they are full res.

Yeah, that was one of the weird things. A lot of people said the same, but someone on this forum even noticed that there was update in manual from v1.0 to v1.2 in the manual regarding gesture control limitations.

With a remote, nobody has noticed any issues with picture quality. Just wish gesture control.

DJI still haven't updated it on their website, but the tech guy told me it is definitely in the manual (I didn't bother to verify, no reason to doubt him).
2017-7-7
Use props
RedSunset
New

Germany

any official statement would be good!
2017-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules