THIS IS WHY YOU DON'T BUY DJI DRONES
5331 25 2017-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vancitybc2010
New
United States

This is why I will never purchase a DJI product again, and will warn everyone I know to never purchase from them.
I purchased a Phantom Standard 3 and DJI Care in January. Off the bat, I had issues with the firmware like many other users on this forum. That's not why I am writing this. Approx a month after use, is when I started to experience serious issues. The drone wouldn't power on. I contacted customer support and was asked to send it in for repair. Great. I did that. It took approx 2 months until I received it back (and endless calls/emails wasted on status updates of the repair). When I finally got it back (keep in mind, DJI gives you status updates which includes 'repaired and tested' before it is shipped), I tried to turn it on, however it wouldn't (same issue, won't power on). And yes, the battery is fully charged, but it doesn't start up the drone. I clearly was frustrated (as I still am), finally got in touch with a supervisor named "Ego" who said all I could do is send it back for repair and he assured me it would be repaired on a priority basis. Again, this is hours wasted on 3 calls with DJI Customer Spport. I sent it back, weeks later I get notifications that it was "repaired and tested" before it was shipped back to me. Today, the UPS package arrives, battery is fully charged, won't turn on. I've now had this lemon of a device for half a year, paid for 1 year of DJI Care, and this has been a complete bust. They refuse to refund me. Thus, I'm now resorting to legal options and doing what I can to warn everyone to never purchase a single product from this company. My photographer friends warned me before I purchased this product in January, and now I wish I listed to them.

2017-6-23
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

And yet thousands of other customers are quite happy with their DJI aircraft, including me. Never had a moment's problem with them. So warn all you like, you won't get much of a hearing here.

As to not turning on, that gets reported quite often. Usually it is the owner forgetting how to switch it on. Take the battery out of the aircraft and try turning on the battery on its own, if that works, then you have a problem aircraft.

2017-6-23
Use props
Knobbynomates
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18504 ft
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2017-6-23 19:27
And yet thousands of other customers are quite happy with their DJI aircraft, including me. Never had a moment's problem with them. So warn all you like, you won't get much of a hearing here.

As to not turning on, that gets reported quite often. Usually it is the owner forgetting how to switch it on. Take the battery out of the aircraft and try turning on the battery on its own, if that works, then you have a problem aircraft.

I think you're right Geebax, sounds like an operator fault to me - I've done the same a long time ago
2017-6-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

We are so sorry for the trouble you have been caused. Have you pressed the button for twice to power on the drone? Could you please provide me your case number so we can look into it? POWER ON.png
2017-6-23
Use props
OrlyP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36916 ft
Philippines

The battery could also be the culprit. Have you got a 2nd battery that you can use or borrow from a mate?
2017-6-23
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

Do you know how to turn it on ? You need to------> press ----- leg go----- hold (2 secs) ---- leg go <----- If that don't work probably get a new battery  http://amzn.to/2sMpd57
2017-6-24
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

Do you know how to turn it on ? You need to------> press ----- leg go----- hold (2 secs) ---- leg go <----- If that don't work probably get a new battery  http://amzn.to/2sMpd57
2017-6-24
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

No matter what the product - there will always be those who have a bad experience. Some get through it, find solution and go on happily. Others just throw in the towel, rant and rave and accuse everyone else. And then there are a few that actually do have a genuine problem and cannot be fixed.

Which one is this guy ?

I for one can honestly say that I am pleased with my P3S. It didn't meet expectations out of box - I suffered the typical video / range problems many others have. But I am one of those who says - a bit of plastic aint gonna beat me ! I studied every YT video I could find ... checked a load of forums and online to see what I could piece together. I cured the FW Update problem - I am sure I was sent a P3S that had been 'returned' with BETA FW on it .... I ended up with a P3S that was outdistancing pals P3P ...

On this Beta FW item.

I bought my P3S from Banggood - I have had excellent deals with them for many items. On arrival the camera and gimbal lock was not on and laying in bottom of box. I found that the gimbal arm was not seated correct and assumed factory poor installation. Sorted that in 5 mins.
Range was so unreliable on both video and control - I never knew if I would have 5m or 500m flight !

So I started to investigate FW etc. The FW on my P3S was undefined, so I tried every trick in the book to revert back to a known reliable FW. They all failed. So I re-installed the out of box FW ... which then transpired to be Beta 1.07.09 ... This was well before DJI made it generally available.
I persevered and used Icarus and Windsurfer to give me some range. Once 1.07.09 became generally available - I downloaded the full version and installed. Once I did that - I had a better experience flying.  Still variable range - but not so wide a difference. It actually started to average out OK.

Rest is history ... 4835m range on a P3S is not bad ...

I could of course taken same attitude as OP here and berated DJI and all .......... but then never got to see what the P3S can actually do.

Nigel
2017-6-24
Use props
isaacchu
lvl.3
Hong Kong

I really doubt a person who use a drone for a month and suddenly don't know how to turn the drone on after a month use and knowing the firmware issue without turning on the drone. Yes, I believe 70% of DJI 's drone in the market is fine, 20% suffer small issue, 10% have serious hardware issues. People pleased about DJI,s drone is because the day that bad thing happened to them has yet to come and simply they are lucky not being the 30%.
2017-6-24
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
United States

isaacchu Posted at 2017-6-24 04:17
I really doubt a person who use a drone for a month and suddenly don't know how to turn the drone on after a month use and knowing the firmware issue without turning on the drone. Yes, I believe 70% of DJI 's drone in the market is fine, 20% suffer small issue, 10% have serious hardware issues. People pleased about DJI,s drone is because the day that bad thing happened to them has yet to come and simply they are lucky not being the 30%.

" I believe 70% of DJI 's drone in the market is fine, 20% suffer small issue, 10% have serious hardware issues. "

Any company that had 10% serious issues with their products would be out of business in no time.
DJI is the market leader so those numbers are a long way from true.
2017-6-24
Use props
A68CUTLASS442
New
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-6-23 19:27

I  have had no issues with the two repairs from my mishaps.  Great service and communication during the repair process.   

2017-6-24
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Latvia

I love it when people dream up numbers of good %, poor % and bad % ...... where do they get this c*** from ?

But in terms of being out of business with x% bad issues ? Not quite so simple really.

Various products on the market are barely Fit for Purpose ... many fail but still they are sold and survive on the market. Take budget tools for example. Ever bought a 'Chinese' open-ended spanner and then when used the jaws open up ! The Screwdriver that blade twists or breaks ?

Market survival depends on simple fact : The consumers belief that what they buy will work and to buy it as cheap as possible.

Nigel
2017-6-24
Use props
Cartelz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 459948 ft
Sweden

If you pay for dji care it's they should just fix it strange...
2017-6-24
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Latvia

Maybe I'm wrong and will be slapped on the wrist being a DJI run Forum - but DJI care reminds me of Extra Care on a washing machine ... the cost often outweighs the benefits ! Because the exclusions often cover the exact items you want covered !!

OK - I accept that the P3 has its share of problems and Care may not be a bad idea ...

Nigel
2017-6-24
Use props
Da Lata
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008297 ft

Brazil

Everyone commented on how to use the power button, but perhaps the problem is not in the power button but the engines that do not start. You have already checked if you are not trying to fly in an NFZ.
2017-6-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We apologize for the trouble caused, like Thor mentioned, please provide us the case number to look into. We do make flight test before shipping out, do you have another battery to test and is it convenient to take a short video for further analysis?
2017-6-25
Use props
fans814ed400
lvl.1
United States

Did you calibrate the compass? It was that simple for me. Also delete the DJI/go app and reinstall. This could help
2017-6-27
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

did you quick press than long press the battery button that's how you turn them on
2017-7-5
Use props
marvzz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23835 ft
United States

Post a video of what's happening. You're on the DJI forum. Bashing them won't do anything. But there are people (users & admin) on here willing to help.
2017-7-6
Use props
MrPinaColada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790082 ft
United States

Sounds like operator error to me, the guy doesn't know how to turn the battery on or doesn't have it pushed in all the way.
2017-7-6
Use props
timnwcove
lvl.3
Flight distance : 87428 ft
Canada

isaacchu Posted at 2017-6-24 04:17

did you know that 97.576 % of all statistics are made up on the spot ?
2017-7-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

vancitybc2010, we haven't heard from you for a long time, please keep us posted if the problem still persists, thanks.
2017-7-10
Use props
rob1uk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 133894 ft
United Kingdom

Completely agree with you pal I got ripped off too with a mavic air what a waste of well earned money £750 pounds to be exact
2018-9-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

rob1uk Posted at 2018-9-24 06:29
Completely agree with you pal I got ripped off too with a mavic air what a waste of well earned money £750 pounds to be exact

Hi rob1uk, may I have more details of your unpleasant experience with our customer service? We will see if there is anything we can do for you, thank you.
2018-9-24
Use props
fans4f0ac50f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 152477 ft
United States

Rember these are a bunch of china fans on here , buy USA
2019-5-20
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

prob committed suicide due to the frustration of people not believing him.. hopefully my P4P V2.0 has no issues like the Mavic 2 Zoom and Spark which has instilled enormous confidence in drone flying
2019-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules