Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Disconnected ...
920 6 2017-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dobmatt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Suddenly i've lost the ability to connect my birds (Inspire 1 Pro and Phantom 3 Pro) with Go app (version 3.1.2) ... I can still control both drones with their corresponding RCs, but no video feed and of course no telemetry ... Totally blind piloting ... Several different cables to my iPad Air 2 replaced, no success ... Sadly it happens on camping in remote area with very weak or no access to cell network ... Not sure what to do now ... Go to nearest town, hook up my iPad Air 2 to a local WiFi provider and update the app to newest version? Somehow i have feeling that it will unleash a hord of another problems ...

Edit (this morning): just did 25 mile trip to a town, powered the bird and guess what ... get the video feed back on my device ... Go figure ... Do I really need to mess with Go app and possibly FW update since everything was working fine at home 700km away? Not fun to do so on camping ...
2017-6-23
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Matt,

Did you log out and sign back into your DJI account on the Go Apps?   This is a big change and requires you to do this one time after the updates.  Then, afterwards all you need to do is start the App and your drone (doesn't need to be connected to the internet) from then on.

Rich
2017-6-24
Use props
Dobmatt
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-6-24 15:00
Matt,

Did you log out and sign back into your DJI account on the Go Apps?   This is a big change and requires you to do this one time after the updates.  Then, afterwards all you need to do is start the App and your drone (doesn't need to be connected to the internet) from then on.

No, I didn't, and maybe that's the case! I didn't updated FW on my Inspire 1 Pro either, since it works just fine for me with previous version and I believe in saying "don't fix it if it's not broken!". Thank you for suggestion, Rich, I'll try to do the trick with log, if that's all THEY want us to do... Anyway, today both birds were performing well as usual without me doing anything to fix the issue of lost video feed yesterday ... What do I know ...
2017-6-24
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-6-24 19:07
No, I didn't, and maybe that's the case! I didn't updated FW on my Inspire 1 Pro either, since it works just fine for me with previous version and I believe in saying "don't fix it if it's not broken!". Thank you for suggestion, Rich, I'll try to do the trick with log, if that's all THEY want us to do... Anyway, today both birds were performing well as usual without me doing anything to fix the issue of lost video feed yesterday ... What do I know ...

Matt
To be honest, I am not sure if this is the only thing going on... but it is worth a shot.  I found this link and it says you will loose the live streaming.... please read:
http://www.dji.com/newsroom/news ... nd-firmware-updates

This is what DJI announced

Dear customers,

DJI will release a new version of the DJI GO app this week. All customers will need to log into DJI GO again after this update, using the email address and password you used when you first set up your account. If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it through the app. Please ensure you are connected to the Internet and log in when you first use the updated app, or else flight operations will be restricted until you complete the login process. The new version of DJI GO ensures your drone has the proper geofencing data and other geospatial information for the area where you are operating. It does not change any operating parameters for your drone. Once you log into the new version of DJI GO, your drone should operate exactly the same as it did before the update
2017-6-24
Use props
Dobmatt
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-6-24 20:19
Matt
To be honest, I am not sure if this is the only thing going on... but it is worth a shot.  I found this link and it says you will loose the live streaming.... please read:
http://www.dji.com/newsroom/news/dji-updates-process-for-activating-software-and-firmware-updates

Aha, now we're talking! This is that thing which caused some panic and bad vibrations within the community some time ago ... So, I MUST update Go app for Phantom 3 series/Inspire 1 to the latest version, but no must for FW update, right? My Phantom 3 Pro is up to date, but Inspire is asking for aircraft and camera FW ... I wonder if this may create incompatibility issue, but I'm hesitant to perform field update with uncertain internet connection ... Later log out/log in and this forced "disconnect" issue should go away, I assume. Joy, joy ...

Anyway, scary thought crossed my mind: do THEY really know when and where I'm flying my birds?
2017-6-24
Use props
CRW6006
New

United States

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-6-24 21:36
Aha, now we're talking! This is that thing which caused some panic and bad vibrations within the community some time ago ... So, I MUST update Go app for Phantom 3 series/Inspire 1 to the latest version, but no must for FW update, right? My Phantom 3 Pro is up to date, but Inspire is asking for aircraft and camera FW ... I wonder if this may create incompatibility issue, but I'm hesitant to perform field update with uncertain internet connection ... Later log out/log in and this forced "disconnect" issue should go away, I assume. Joy, joy ...

Anyway, scary thought crossed my mind: do THEY really know when and where I'm flying my birds?

They absolutely know when & where you are flying! The NSA probably uses all this free aerial footage for geo mapping certain areas ;) Also, this new mandatory app update strangely comes out days after that Russian phantom hack that removes the 500m range limit and allows you to fly in no-fly/restricted zones. Coincidence? You tell me haha Just messing about.. or am I Truthfully they don't know where you are, the bird knows where it's NOT suppose to be but that's about it, although they could if "they" really wanted. Phones can easily be hacked and without your knowledge
2017-6-26
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

CRW6006 Posted at 2017-6-26 01:19
They absolutely know when & where you are flying! The NSA probably uses all this free aerial footage for geo mapping certain areas ;) Also, this new mandatory app update strangely comes out days after that Russian phantom hack that removes the 500m range limit and allows you to fly in no-fly/restricted zones. Coincidence? You tell me haha Just messing about.. or am I  Truthfully they don't know where you are, the bird knows where it's NOT suppose to be but that's about it, although they could if "they" really wanted. Phones can easily be hacked and without your knowledge

who needs hacking, the birds are Chinese after all, the spy software comes at no extra cost, how does it feel to be a Chinese spy?
2017-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules