3 questions about the Spark? (or issues)
1058 3 2017-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3161d5e6
New
Bulgaria

Hi All,
I am pretty new to drons. I bought the Spark yesterday and am having a few issues (I am not sure if it's a problem) with it.

So the first one is: connecting my phone and the drone. I don't have the RC (the combo version is not imported here yet) I am conecting my mobile device directly to the Dron.
The first time was ok - i found the dron via wi-fi and conected to it. Hadn't watched the videos thought so I might have changed something. After the first time I connected to the Spark now after every new charge when I try to connect - my mobile device can't find the dron via wi-fi. I watched the DJI Spark tutorials videos and supposedly after a few seconds and 2 *beeps* the dron will move to "mobile device mode" and connect. 3 *beeps* is for rebooting the wi-fi. It's different with me though - after 3 seconds (1 beep) and after 6 seconds (2 beeps) nothing happens, I still can't see the Spark through the wi-fi of my phone. It appears only after 9 seconds (3 beeps) and connects with easy. But after the flight and after I recharge the battery... the same thing happens and I have to repeat this (push and hold for 9 seconds until I hear 3 *beep* sounds) every time. Is this normal ??? ... or had I changed something during the activation? Please advise.

Second question is - I can't choose any options for the video and photo (size/fps). Is this normal or have I not found it in the menu just yet? I am using Samsung s7 (android). If it's by design - will there be an update fixing this, couse shooting only jpeg in a single size or video in 1080i30fps is a bit of unrealistic in 2017.

And third - i can't seem to find the button for Gimbal Pitch Tracking on my screen... do I need to activate it from the menu or does it only work in a certain mode ? Once again I am an Android user (I say it cause I had the Osmo mobile and there was a difference between the menu options available for android and ios)

Thanks in advance

2017-6-24
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can answer #1...It's not how it suppose to be, but MANY users are having the same issue in regards to phone connection to the Spark.  It seems to be isolates to certain phones.  I have 2 Sparks, 1 with and 1 without RC.  I fly the 1 without the RC using my iPad Mini and the Spark WIFI always shows in the available list.
2017-6-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

2/ yes 1080 30fps is you only option, maybe in future updates, 2.7k would be great and dng but not sure if spark cpu is up to this.
3/ gimbal pitch should appear on right hand of screen you might have to set it on app, you can also just press on screen blue circle will appear up/down will control pitch, you can also move your phone up/down for control.
2017-6-24
Use props
fans3161d5e6
New
Bulgaria

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-6-24 02:03
I can answer #1...It's not how it suppose to be, but MANY users are having the same issue in regards to phone connection to the Spark.  It seems to be isolates to certain phones.  I have 2 Sparks, 1 with and 1 without RC.  I fly the 1 without the RC using my iPad Mini and the Spark WIFI always shows in the available list.

Thank you for the help. I thought it shouldn't be like this, but wasn't sure. In the videos they explain it differentely as well.
I browsed most topics here but they are all mostly for connection trouble with RC in the mix.

I don't know if I should return it - it does connect, it's just not how it's supposed to. It would be nice if someone from DJI advises on this...
2017-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules