Antenna signal booster
2861 23 2017-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd6a7f95d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 240974 ft
United Kingdom

I would like to know if the clip on signal booster is worth getting and do they have any problems are they safe to use with the phantom 3 std. DJI do not supply them but you can get them on the net
2017-6-24
Use props
Scott Ferguson
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1425223 ft
United States

I made a homemade one out of aluminum sheet and almost doubled the range in my particular area. I have had it out to 9800'
2017-6-24
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I don't understand why some of you new guys start a new thread with a question, disappear, then reappear and start another new thread asking the same question.  I see this often.  

http://forum.dji.com/thread-101545-1-2.html
2017-6-24
Use props
Michgolden
lvl.4
Flight distance : 822851 ft
United States

The "clip on" signal booster may help you a bit but remember it's for the control of your bird. It won't help at all with video transmission. Your stock antenna is omni-directional and the "clip on" booster helps focus you signal forward towards the bird. They are completely safe to use.
2017-6-24
Use props
newmoney
New
Canada

@Mitchgolden can you recommend any?

2017-7-5
Use props
Spitcup
lvl.1
Flight distance : 641909 ft
United States

I got a Skyreat copper parabolic antenna booster from amazon. Took the standard out over 11,000 feet in an open field area yesterday.
2017-7-5
Use props
newmoney
New
Canada

Spitcup Posted at 2017-7-5 12:36
I got a Skyreat copper parabolic antenna booster from amazon. Took the standard out over 11,000 feet in an open field area yesterday.

Can you link the piece?

What is your normal distance prior?
2017-7-6
Use props
Spitcup
lvl.1
United States

newmoney Posted at 2017-7-6 08:16
Can you link the piece?

Average around 5,000 ft without in my area. Lots of open fields and not many houses.
Screenshot_2017-07-06-16-17-29.png
2017-7-6
Use props
Spitcup
lvl.1
United States

newmoney Posted at 2017-7-6 08:16
Can you link the piece?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01DC0ZCN4/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2017-7-7
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

I bought the Artek Antenna.  Went from around 600m to 4555m / 15000 feet distance. Could have flown farther but doing so can be an issue if you have to fly back into a head wind.
4.55km DISTANCE 31 MAR 2017.jpg
2017-7-7
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Dunno why people need links to parabolic reflector .... eBay is chock a block full of them. Its not electronic, there's nothing fancy about it. They all work on exactly same principle .... reflected, focused ref signal.

And at less than $5 a pop - cheap investment !

Nigel
2017-7-7
Use props
newmoney
New
Canada

solentlife Posted at 2017-7-7 21:40
Dunno why people need links to parabolic reflector .... eBay is chock a block full of them. Its not electronic, there's nothing fancy about it. They all work on exactly same principle .... reflected, focused ref signal.

And at less than $5 a pop - cheap investment !

I'd rather have a link to a product that another owner uses and recommends. Too many cheap knockoffs on ebay/amazon. Some are great, some are garbage.
2017-7-11
Use props
Michgolden
lvl.4
Flight distance : 822851 ft
United States

I haven't used one before. I went from stock (getting about 8200'-8700') to an Argtek (15,327' so far). With the Argtek you get the directional panels (and omni's that I use) that accomplishes the same thing.
2017-7-11
Use props
fansdf7d83d7
lvl.4

United States

Initially I was using home-made signal booster but recently upgraded to  https://www.myamplifiers.com/us/ . Works incredibly fine for me. It's well worth considering
Hope it helps!
2017-8-13
Use props
djiuser_Iye08J66Dyda
New
Flight distance : 3766 ft

Australia

fansdf7d83d7 Posted at 2017-8-13 19:36
Initially I was using home-made signal booster but recently upgraded to  https://www.myamplifiers.com/us/ . Works incredibly fine for me. It's well worth considering
Hope it helps!

Hey mate which booster did you get from My Amplifiers
2018-4-24
Use props
pumping concrete
lvl.4
Flight distance : 190210 ft

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-6-24 05:42
I don't understand why some of you new guys start a new thread with a question, disappear, then reappear and start another new thread asking the same question.  I see this often.  

They have no one left to talk to because they are so DRONED OUT.  He’s a lost DRONER. I Like the reply’s. Seems a lot of people besides me can get there standard out over 8000 feet. I can barely get mine to go 500 feet standing on my roof with ARGTEK antenna set up.
2018-4-25
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

Well then, somethin' ain' right.  As we know, the stock P3S should fly to 1000 meters horizontal distance in a perfect environment.  

Was it like that before you did the mod?  Are you sure you're aiming correctly?  Are you flying in a good RC environment?  Is your roof metal?  
2018-4-25
Use props
WD9EON
lvl.4
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

Remember if you use one of these reflectors, that poor antenna on the remote won't take too much abuse.
2018-4-25
Use props
sSunsets
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311089 ft
United States

Hmmm...  So many posts, new ideas and stuff. I'm still testing my P3S range extender from blue proton I installed this winter....  So far no wifi drops w/android.
2018-4-25
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-6-24 05:42

I do, its because the forum didnt used to have notification email alerts and therefore they may not even know theres been any reply...

As for the parabolic boosters, i have VERY mixed feelings on them.

I did a test a wee while back,
1st flight with i got 2600m
2nd flight without, i got 2600m

Both flights were done on the same flight path, and within at no more than 1 minute of each other.

Yet, before, when there was a fw glitch and i could only manage 500m,  the parabolic managed 1000m
Also just the other day when i was testing out erm, fcc mode on my p4p i could still only manage about 3000m, but with the para on i managed my record to date at 4000, i could have scrimped out a couple more m's but i called it at 4km, i dont want to go that far, no reason too, i want the power for piece of mind and the only way to test it was distance, btw, all tests were done at suitable height on calm and clear days.

So, make of that as you will, why when i do the specific test it shows no improvement yet other times thats quite a substantial improvement, go figure...
2018-4-25
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

I dunno.  If I was to ask a question by creating a whole new thread to ask it, it would occur to me to go back to that thread to see what was said.  

RE the so-called parabolics that we see all over the internet, I don't think they're made well.  I think they're slapped together with very little thought other than a way to make few quick yaun.  I don't think there's much if any thought in the design.  Also, I have to wonder about the focal point.  If the distance is not correct from the antenna to the deflector, it could have a negative effect, meaning the signal could interfere with itself (i.e. half-wave shift) and result in less distance than without the deflector.  I think that might be why some pilots say they don't make any difference or make things worse.  

This one here works nicely:  http://www.freeantennas.com/projects/template2/index.html

And that's because there was a considerable amount of thought put into the design by a guy who knows what he's doing.

Note that Erskine's deflector is taller relative to the antenna, and it also wraps completely around the sides.  And the focal point is placed with precision.

But it's impossible to wrap around the sides with these double antenna controllers unless you modded the controller.  And if you go to all the trouble to mod the controller, you might as well install an ITELITE.  

I think the P3S control antenna could benefit greatly with the antenna at www.freeantennas.com, but it wouldn't do anything for FPV.  

2018-4-26
Use props
Claudie123
New

Colombia

I also had a homemade signal amplifier, and it helped me somewhat, but now that I have updated with one from https://www.amplificadordesenal.es/and this device finally ended my bad signal problem. I recommend it.
2020-8-13
Use props
Claudie123
New

Colombia

I also had a homemade signal amplifier, and it helped me somewhat, but now that I have updated with one from https://www.amplificadordesenal.es/ and this device finally ended my bad signal problem. I recommend it.
2020-8-13
Use props
Claudie123
New

Colombia

I also had a homemade signal amplifier, and it helped me somewhat, but now that I have updated with one from Amplificador de señal and this device finally ended my bad signal problem. I recommend it.
2020-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules