Unfortunately Returning It
1696 17 2017-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheDataDispatch
lvl.1
United States

Having severe remote control connection issues.  I have not been able to keep it connected for more than a couple of minutes (even just sitting on my table in trainer mode).  Have all the updated firmware, I even tried the OTG cable (which technically worked but didn't solve my connectivity problems).  DJI volunteered to ship me a new unit (which was great, they can't all be bad), but you don't get a return warranty on the new drone so I just decided to return this one and hope they get some of theses problems solved soon.  So ultimately my drone didn't work (which is a huge bummer) but customer service was good.  
2017-6-24
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Sorry to read on your issue. Had you shipped the aircraft in for repair?
2017-6-24
Use props
holawhatsup
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21286 ft
United States

I had the exact same issue, and I sent it in for repair. I really hope they thoroughly test it and don't just send it back after it connects.
2017-6-24
Use props
Szwedu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378114 ft
Poland

Holawhatsup did you check what was your WiFi signal around? If you're neighborhood is crowded with WiFi you could get such a problem, than DJI will tell you it's ok , and for firmware fix we need to wait , you ain't gonna get a special update so my thoughts are: or return it or wait for update.
2017-6-24
Use props
TheDataDispatch
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Mark - No I haven't shipped it in for repair.  They didn't even ask me to do that when I described the problem. They just wanted to ship me a new unit.  Which I was completely fine with until they told me my ability to return it went away.  If I felt like I had just gotten a lemon I still probably would have gone with the new one, but these issues seem fairly widespread.

Holwhatsup - That's what I was worried about even getting into the repair discussion.  I mean the remote technically does connect every time.  It just will NEVER stay connected.  

2017-6-24
Use props
holawhatsup
lvl.1
United States

Szwedu - I've tried in both a WiFi saturated area, and an open field, unfortunately my spark would not be able to link up most if the time, and when it did it would disconnect no matter if I was flying or not, and then not re-connect. In flight this means the craft would fly out, disconnect and return home and I would be stuck three feet away from the spark with a remote that has a solid red light.

TheDataDispatc - it's infuriating when every other DJI product I have works wonderfully, it makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong when I know that this product should be more idiot proof then any other DJI drone. Half of me just wants it to work, and the other half is eyeballing a mavic. We'll see how the repair process goes.
2017-6-24
Use props
jkvenuti64
lvl.2
Flight distance : 88543 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had the same issues...Brand new out of the box . Connects get ready to take off, disconnects. Takes forever to reconnect and sometimes won't do it at all. Fourtunately with Amazon backing me up DJI gave me a return label for refund within 24 hours.
2017-6-24
Use props
jkvenuti64
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Mavic is much better with the occusync and using a cable to connect phone. Spark is too dangerous to fly with the current wifi setup
2017-6-24
Use props
jkvenuti64
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Mavic is much better with the occusync and using a cable to connect phone. Spark is too dangerous to fly with the current wifi setup
2017-6-24
Use props
FluxSine
lvl.2
Flight distance : 65157 ft
United States

Well, I think you need to give them time to work the kinks out. I've already decided worst case I buy one of these when available
https://youtu.be/3LKCgiGTcTI
2017-6-24
Use props
Jenkins
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10814 ft
United Kingdom

Why are people sending back new drones for repair. Return it for a refund and buy from Amazon.
2017-6-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you all for bringing this to our attention, sorry for the trouble you've been caused.
I've reported your feedback to our engineers, will get back to you once I get any news from them, appreciate your patience.
2017-6-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

To locate where the problem exists, would you please export the data from black box so we can analyze it?
Please connect the drone to a PC with Assistant 2 installed, run it and get the data file, then upload it to Dropbox, post the link here, thanks. Black box.png
2017-6-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

holawhatsup Posted at 2017-6-24 09:41
Szwedu - I've tried in both a WiFi saturated area, and an open field, unfortunately my spark would not be able to link up most if the time, and when it did it would disconnect no matter if I was flying or not, and then not re-connect. In flight this means the craft would fly out, disconnect and return home and I would be stuck three feet away from the spark with a remote that has a solid red light.

TheDataDispatc - it's infuriating when every other DJI product I have works wonderfully, it makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong when I know that this product should be more idiot proof then any other DJI drone. Half of me just wants it to work, and the other half is eyeballing a mavic. We'll see how the repair process goes.

Sorry for the trouble caused, we care much about your feedback.
Would you please export the data from black box through Assistant 2 which is helpful for us to locate the issue?
Please refer to the method I mentioned above to get the data file, thank you very much for your support!
2017-6-26
Use props
holawhatsup
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-6-26 18:13
Sorry for the trouble caused, we care much about your feedback.
Would you please export the data from black box through Assistant 2 which is helpful for us to locate the issue?
Please refer to the method I mentioned above to get the data file, thank you very much for your support!

Hey Natalia, I've already sent it in for repair case #: CAS-729122-N0C0Z2, It has been delivered and I've purchased Care refresh, hopefully it will all be sorted out
2017-6-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

holawhatsup Posted at 2017-6-27 07:34
Hey Natalia, I've already sent it in for repair case #: CAS-729122-N0C0Z2, It has been delivered and I've purchased Care refresh, hopefully it will all be sorted out

It takes a few days to check in and update the system, please wait patiently and we'll take care of it.
Should you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know, thanks.
2017-6-29
Use props
holawhatsup
lvl.1
United States

Hey Natalia, It looks like my case has been repaired and is being sent back soon, could you post the notes of what the specific issues/ resolutions were for my case in this forum? I think it would be helpful for many that are having this issue to know that they should send their spark in. It may also give them light to the problem they are experiencing.
2017-6-30
Use props
neonadler
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2017-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules