123Next >
8804 99 2017-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bertybassett
New
Flight distance : 2520 ft
United Kingdom

https://www.youtube.com/attribution_link?a=Dnfs9VATbFCSV5yN&u=/watch%3Fv%3DkzxvHPYxRoI%26feature%3Dem-upload_owner

here is a good example of it not working or do I have my expectations wrong on how this works?
2017-7-6
Use props
Bertybassett
New
Flight distance : 2520 ft
United Kingdom

looking at the attitude on the screen it is rising but very slowly.  Maybe that is how it should work?
2017-7-6
Use props
ktula
lvl.1
United States

Same issue here. Just got my combo package a few days ago. Spark does not climb in Dronie mode.
2017-7-6
Use props
quint7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 518455 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've tried re-installing and getting the black box data, etc. But no luck. It's been going for 20 mins and no black box info yet.

I'm wondering if I should return mine as others are suggesting. Is it a FW issue or what? Circle works fine. Rocket works fine. But the helix and dronie don't work. Drony just goes straight back without going up. And Helix is like 100 yard helix. I don't know cause I have to cancel every time. I purchased mine through DJI store on Amazon. Should I return it? Or wait for a firmware update???

Q
2017-7-7
Use props
QHovey
lvl.2
United States

Supong Posted at 2017-7-5 20:31
Well... Dronie works for me. It does fly backward and goes up high depending on the initial angle between Spark and Me.

See this.

Can you post which firmware version you are on?
2017-7-7
Use props
quint7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 518455 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-6-29 20:04
Please restart or re-install the DJI Assistant 2, then try it again. Normally, it does not take much time to export the black box data, but it may take longer to export the flight log.

Natalie/Diana:

Here is my black box file as requested. Dronie acts like everyone else is describing. It goes back without lifting at all., And Helix is like so huge you can't even tell it's a helix. I have to stop it. I have to stop both of them any time I try. I know how to adjust distance, but it doesn't do anything.

I'd like to know if I should return it or not. I purchased through the DJI store on Amazon.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/paooqb ... kboxExport.zip?dl=0

Quint
2017-7-7
Use props
GIdoc
lvl.2
United States

yes... latest ios with iphone 6plus... just goes backwards forever.. doesn't climb.
2017-7-7
Use props
barryg
lvl.1
United States

Same issue with Dronie here.  Using remote control- doesn't angle up as it goes back and seems to go back way too far... definitely a glitch in the firmware .  Also it would be great to be able to select the angle it assends and how far back it goes ...  Dronie is one of the things that I was really going to be using on my upcoming trip.  Hope it gets corrected quickly.  
2017-7-7
Use props
GIdoc
lvl.2
United States

Just contacted DJI.
IMG_8638.PNG
IMG_8639.PNG
2017-7-7
Use props
FineBrian224
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19902 ft
United States

I see the same behavior with my dronie not climbing. However, my spark wont connect to my PC. issue with the drivers i am guessing.
2017-7-7
Use props
FineBrian224
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19902 ft
United States

FineBrian224 Posted at 2017-7-7 15:07
I see the same behavior with my dronie not climbing. However, my spark wont connect to my PC. issue with the drivers i am guessing.

DJI Assistant now connects with PC reboot
2017-7-7
Use props
leaksguy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 253 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Just want to share that so far, at least in Dronie mode flying wifi with an iPad mini the drone does not climb and does not stop going away at the distance i tell it to.
thanks,
dave
2017-7-8
Use props
fans266080cd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 71759 ft
  • >>>
United States

Any idea when the next firmware update will be out? I got the same dronie issue. Tried to download blackbox data using mac but failed...
2017-7-8
Use props
Mimus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 284770 ft
United States

+1 on dronie issue.  Helix also has same issue . Does not stop at defined distance. iOS iPhone 6s
2017-7-8
Use props
Scotty S
lvl.2
Flight distance : 182884 ft
Australia

+1 - Picked up Spark yesterday. Updated to latest firmware. No climb with Dronie.
2017-7-9
Use props
DerOnkel82
lvl.2
Flight distance : 806470 ft
  • >>>
Germany

For me the Dronie works most of the time. It seems to require a minimum height of roughly 2 meters at the beginning to work fine. otherwise it doesn´t climb. Another thing is the distance setting for Dronie. it seems to ignore the settings and always does 40 meters and then stops. i´ve tried to set it to 60 meters but that doesn´t change anything.
2017-7-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

quint7 Posted at 2017-7-7 13:36
Natalie/Diana:

Here is my black box file as requested. Dronie acts like everyone else is describing. It goes back without lifting at all., And Helix is like so huge you can't even tell it's a helix. I have to stop it. I have to stop both of them any time I try. I know how to adjust distance, but it doesn't do anything.

Thank you for your info, we've transferred it to our engineers, they are working on it now, will let you all know once we heard from them.
2017-7-10
Use props
jiri.stibor1-sp
lvl.1
United States

same for me. Nearly crashed into a sign when I expected it would fly up...
2017-7-10
Use props
Jibers
New
United Kingdom

Same here in the UK.  With iphone 6S+
2017-7-10
Use props
J.G
lvl.3
Flight distance : 172562 ft
United States

Same here, dronie and helix not working using iPhone 6s Plus.
2017-7-12
Use props
FloodC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 190 ft
Ireland

I'm getting the same. Dronie just flys straight back and also doesn't stop. I haven't tested how far it can go back incase something happens. Also helix doesn't work. Circle partially works and rocket works about 80% of the time.
2017-7-13
Use props
JT-SkyHigh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 319662 ft
Australia

I'm having the same issue, dronie flies backwards with very little altitude increase. Also when you set it to only go 10 metres is just keeps going and going. An update on when this might be fixed would be great!
2017-7-15
Use props
WiredGuy
lvl.1
Canada

Just wanted to add my 2cents, same issue as well. I get minimal altitude gain in dronie mode, the drone will lock on me and back up but gains extremely little altitude. It would also be great if the angle can be programmed in addition to the height.
2017-7-15
Use props
fanseda089b2
New
Flight distance : 39852 ft
Indonesia

Same here ... my spark crash to a tree becoz it does not gain altitude ...
any updates here?
thanks
2017-7-16
Use props
fans8146a2ad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22411 ft
Australia

purchase 2 sets of the Spark combo and here are the issues

1. Dronie no climb
2. Helix not working correctly
3. Video lag
4. Not responsive when connected via wireless

Disappointed!
2017-7-16
Use props
LeChuck71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68786 ft
Germany

fanseda089b2 Posted at 2017-7-16 17:58
Same here ... my spark crash to a tree becoz it does not gain altitude ...
any updates here?
thanks

Just out of curiosity:
If you see your Spark does not gain altitude why didn't you stop the "Dronie" and take over control instead of watching your craft fly into a tree?

2017-7-16
Use props
djiuser_OGfNeCQ
lvl.1
United Kingdom

+1 - same issue - I tried a Dronie yesterday - I raised it up to clear some trees and hit go. It set off and slightly lost altitude so I stopped it before it hit the tree. I tried again in an open area and instead of stopping at 20m it kept going - I let it to see what happened (started to worry but the area was under my control). It reached the maximum distance (I don't have a controller) and just stopped instead of returning. I had to manually return it. Other than that, I haven't had many problems (no sudden drops etc...) . The only other problem I have is with connecting. I have to reset the wifi (hold down the power button until it beeps three times) before my Samsung Galaxy S6 will see the wifi signal from the drone.
2017-7-17
Use props
flashoser
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7972 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am having the same issue, I finally got around to trying Drone Mode and it just went backwards, I had plenty of room, till a tree was coming close so i Stopped it...it is now July 17th and this started since June when they got shipped...mine was one of the first ones, Mine shipped June 14th... I wish i would have tried it sooner, and there still is no fix for this yet?  

We have not heard from DJI on this in this group?
2017-7-17
Use props
flashoser
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7972 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Chat just stated to me today that they believe it's problem with the APP and to wait for an Update, I am on IOS iPhone 7+
2017-7-17
Use props
pingywon13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 63724 ft
United States

flashoser Posted at 2017-7-17 08:32
DJI Chat just stated to me today that they believe it's problem with the APP and to wait for an Update, I am on IOS iPhone 7+

yay! I cant wait
2017-7-17
Use props
Scotty S
lvl.2
Flight distance : 182884 ft
Australia

flashoser Posted at 2017-7-17 08:32

Great.... so those of us on Android can expect a fix about Christmas time.....  considering the Android app doesn't have full functionality (gimbal tilt).
2017-7-17
Use props
Bluebus19
lvl.1
United States

I am having the same issue; sparky is not gaining altitude while in performing a dronie
2017-7-18
Use props
fanse40ffd8b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 211946 ft
Ireland

fans3c3673db Posted at 2017-6-27 18:16
After experiencing these same problems and noting a large percentage of responders on the forum have some sort of issue with Quickshot, why don't you guys just pull a couple Sparks off the shelf and go fly them yourselves and record your own fails.  I sent the Black Box folder zipped to tech support.  Your wanting something in Dropbox is totally foreign language to me...I go there and see nothing about building a link.  The problem in Quickshot is so prevalent you should be able to get the data yourselves!!!

Same here even backwork 100m away, so bad. You can see the  percentage on the recording button only 2% but other quick shot working fine.
2017-7-23
Use props
Nixtoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United Kingdom

Mine doesn't climb or limit itself if you change the distance.
2017-7-23
Use props
fanse27ab49d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46886 ft
United Kingdom

Here's me crashing into a hedge while attempting the Dronie quick shot

https://www.skypixel.com/videos/crash-dronie-mode-quick-shot-first-attempt?utm_source=url&utm_medium=copied&utm_campaign=share
2017-7-24
Use props
fansb2aa3b28
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61033 ft
Singapore

Spark does not climb in Dronie mode.

IS DJI DOING ANYTHING TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE ?
2017-7-24
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

fansb2aa3b28 Posted at 2017-7-24 09:08

apparently if you adjust the max distance to under 40 meters it then goes up. which in my opinion is not even close to enough distance for a dronie shot but worth a try?
2017-7-24
Use props
JT-SkyHigh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 319662 ft
Australia

New firmware out today that will hopefully fix it!
2017-7-26
Use props
fans07aae7d8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32516 ft
United States

Well... I tried the dronie mode with the new firmwares & DJI GO 4 apps today in my backyard. It went up higher than the starting hight about 1.5m? but it didn't stop at the distance of 15m which I set. I have to try it again in a open space. But anyway, it seems it went up
2017-7-26
Use props
ronnbizzy
New
Australia

*Following this post*

I updated my spark today and it still doesn't climb on dronie mode, it also didn't stop at the 20m i set it to.

It's quite concerning to be honest.

Has anyone else had better luck post update?
2017-7-29
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules