!!Cant FLY!! RC WiFi connection loss - Prior DJI product owners
2806 20 2017-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paskalicky 4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 260981 ft
United States

Need advice from prior DJI product owners. Received my spark June 21st and have had continual RC and general wi-fi connection Issues. Same issue/complaints/concerns found in several DJI and external forums and articles. Serious issues: product cannot safely fly.
I've called customer service and was relayed some pretty unbelievable information e.g “Yo shud connect ta home network fly aircraft maybe?” - Click - no call back? I called again today and got “Were having technical difficulties” VM. Customers reasonably expect telephone support for new purchases. Especially given who the Spark is geared towards - First time drone owners. Will email. To me kind of looks like a disaster. How many drones have been lost, crashed or currently unusable since shipping? Totally disappointing because Spark is a really fun drone to fly. Do they know they have a problem by now? If they do should I be confident they’ll have a quick fix and address the issue appropriately? The return policy is a pathetic 14 days. Should I just ask for refund now or ride this out?

2017-6-24
Use props
eL6uRCU98KkD
lvl.2
South Africa

https://forum.dji.com/thread-100576-1-1.html
2017-6-24
Use props
jkvenuti64
lvl.2
Flight distance : 88543 ft
  • >>>
United States

Return it...This is a widespread issue. I just sent mine back for a full refund. This thing aint ready for prime time
2017-6-24
Use props
paskalicky 4
lvl.2
United States

eL6uRCU98KkD Posted at 2017-6-24 11:16
https://forum.dji.com/thread-100576-1-1.html

User hacks much appreciated Thanx . I have a iPhone 7+. Hope to see other iPhone 7+ users with positive results in forum. Still ..... DJI needs to immediately address.
2017-6-24
Use props
FluxSine
lvl.2
Flight distance : 65157 ft
United States

Give them time or mod the controller. ;)

https://youtu.be/3LKCgiGTcTI
2017-6-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

We are very sorry to hear about the issue you are faced with.
Would you please help us export the data from black box via Assistant 2 for further analysis?
Please connect the aircraft to PC and run Assistant 2, export it, upload it Dropbox, then post the link here, thanks. Black box.png
2017-6-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You really shouldn't be having problems connecting RC to phone by its wifi. You don't need AC connected to wifi if using RC. So with holder and phone in once connected should stay connected. After that you are just flying your spark by radio signal 2.4ghz/5.8ghz only wifi connection is between RC and phone.

If your just using phone to AC is different most seem to be getting no interference using in airplane mode seems to help.
2017-6-25
Use props
paulhummerman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 114915 ft
United States

NOT beginner-friendly - and has severe issues with Android phones. luckily it's so well built it will likely survive the inevitable crashes.
2017-6-25
Use props
paulhummerman
lvl.3
United States

you are right. i suggest you read carefully all the forum posts about connection/rth issues. The spark is a beautiful thing but
2017-6-25
Use props
paulhummerman
lvl.3
United States

jkvenuti64 Posted at 2017-6-24 11:19
Return it...This is a widespread issue. I just sent mine back for a full refund. This thing aint ready for prime time

you are right - but i suggest that you stick with it, read all the forum posts about connection/rth issues, operate with extreme caution (flat wide empty field with no obstacles or water) and hope that dji soon fixes the bugs affecting  android users.
2017-6-25
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

paulhummerman Posted at 2017-6-25 03:12
NOT beginner-friendly - and has severe issues with Android phones. luckily it's so well built it will likely survive the inevitable crashes.

!00% agree...DJI seemed to have redefined the term "Beginner Friendly".  Having to constantly reset WIFI and re-link/pair devices isn't exactly "beginner friendly".  I'm a tech guy, thus this is 2nd nature to me.  Though for the average person this could be a bit overwhelming.
2017-6-25
Use props
paskalicky 4
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-6-25 01:56
Would you please help us export the data from black box via Assistant 2 for further analysis?
Please connect the aircraft to PC and run Assistant 2, export it, upload it Dropbox, then post the link here, thanks.[view_image]

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w4ybu ... aMT0zTFiBPmkra?dl=0
2017-6-25
Use props
paskalicky 4
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-6-25 01:56
Please connect the aircraft to PC and run Assistant 2, export it, upload it Dropbox, then post the link here, thanks.[view_image]

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/y33wk ... zD6wNr50V9J54a?dl=0
2017-6-25
Use props
paskalicky 4
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-6-25 02:08
You really shouldn't be having problems connecting RC to phone by its wifi. You don't need AC connected to wifi if using RC. So with holder and phone in once connected should stay connected. After that you are just flying your spark by radio signal 2.4ghz/5.8ghz only wifi connection is between RC and phone.

If your just using phone to AC is different most seem to be getting no interference using in airplane mode seems to help.

I agree. There are many issues,it seems,with wifi. I think the dangerous problem is the radio connection between RC and AC. The biggest problem is DJI's lack of available support.
For three days the phones have been "down due to technical difficulty" On line chat support also "temporary unavailable" for two days. Left to email. Nothing going out from DJI acknowledging an issue is most disappointing. Not going to be a customer much longer. Will request full refund Monday if continue to be ignored and unappreciated. I will also report to  media and consumer protection agency's. Totally the worst combination; hardware failure and lack of customer service. Disappointed in every respect
2017-6-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

paskalicky 4 Posted at 2017-6-25 06:11
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/y33wkp0ymcg3ffi/AAB4Y-9hduVzD6wNr50V9J54a?dl=0

Thank you very much for your update, I have forwarded your data to the engineers for further analysis, will come back to you soon once I get any news.
2017-6-25
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Make sure if you use phone ONLY with WIFI you need to link the AC. If you want to use the RC you need to DELINK the AC and connect thru the RC. I use Iphone 6S+
2017-6-25
Use props
paskalicky 4
lvl.2
United States

I am the E Posted at 2017-6-25 18:51
Make sure if you use phone ONLY with WIFI you need to link the AC. If you want to use the RC you need to DELINK the AC and connect thru the RC. I use Iphone 6S+

Thanks for reply. My current hypothesis is this is not necessarily a "wifi" issue. As others have pointed out it's the radio signal between RC and AC. Wifi may contribute to some interference? The Intermittent radio signal still occurs when phone and RC are hard wired via RC microUSB?
2017-6-25
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi paskalicky 4, our engineers are looking into the data now, could you please provide more details? What is the firmware version of your drone and what is the firmware version of the RC? A screenshot of the "About" page will be highly appreciate. Thank you in advance.
2017-6-26
Use props
paskalicky 4
lvl.2
United States

About screen shot
IMG_1574.PNG
2017-6-27
Use props
paskalicky 4
lvl.2
United States

Latest DJI GO4 iOS app, latest FW, wide open spaces, airplane mode. Two great extended flights, one disconnect due to distance 7333ft, one very stable no disconnect. Two disastrous flights. Both disconnected and would not land. I needed to grabbed the drone during flight. Link to current flight data - Thanx
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5xgn91tehhzrgyy/AAALL2S0KA0W5BNfoiXxNQ2aa?dl=0
2017-6-29
Use props
paskalicky 4
lvl.2
United States

Can you push me latest beta FW for RC - Thanx
2017-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now