Activation / Fans always running?
1656 4 2017-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lfkiter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 111942 ft
United States

Just got my Spark combo, went to activate using the QR code, and that of course did not work.  So it seems like I connect to the drone wifi manually.  When I turn on the spark, the fans run all the time??  is this normal?  I went to connect to the Spark Wifi, and it looks like it needed firmware update so i went ahead and did that.  When I restart, fans still run 100% of the time.  When I start DJI Go4 app, I'm not seeing any of the activation screen, but it says connected, and I can enter flight?  Could someone please let me know if I'm doing this correctly.  I also have the remote, but wanted to fly it with the phone by itself first.  The fans running all the time worry me.

Thanks in advance.
2017-6-24
Use props
jiminythompson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 163337 ft
United Kingdom

fans run all the time to cool the internal components
2017-6-24
Use props
lfkiter
lvl.2
United States

jiminythompson Posted at 2017-6-24 15:01
fans run all the time to cool the internal components

Thats good to know!  So I"m stumped about activation?  I tried this video from DJI, and i can connect to the RC or Drone, but when i get back into the app there is no option to activate?  I tried signing out of DJI Go4 and signing back in, but that didn't do anything.
2017-6-24
Use props
lfkiter
lvl.2
United States

OK, i got it activated, it looks like the remote wasn't binded so i connected to the Spark wifi, then loaded Go4, and activate was successful.  Now i'll need to link up the RC so i can fly.
2017-6-24
Use props
jkvenuti64
lvl.2
Flight distance : 88543 ft
  • >>>
United States

lfkiter Posted at 2017-6-24 15:32
OK, i got it activated, it looks like the remote wasn't binded so i connected to the Spark wifi, then loaded Go4, and activate was successful.  Now i'll need to link up the RC so i can fly.

Be aware there are many including myself who have RC dropping connection with the spark. It happens alot. IF you see any disconnects, return it. This is a widespread issue and I wouldn't trust the Spark until they get this ironed out. I went to the Mavic instead
2017-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules