1138 3 2015-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dillardsj
lvl.2
Flight distance : 191056 ft
United States

Maybe somebody can help explain this.

Ordered a new H3-3D Gimbal installed the Hero 4 Black on it and two of the motors on the Gimbal starting whining, Called the distributor and they said send back must be bad. Got the new one in and the same thing, so I got to thinking maybe the weight difference had something to do with it, so I contacted DJI support, they said that the new H4-3D was designed especially for the Hero 4 Black, so sent the other H3-3D back and ordered the H4-3D, now I have the 4 Black mounted on it and I am getting a whining noise from the top motor only. Thinking maybe update all firmware and this might take care of it, well it did not, all is functioning correctly however hearing this whine makes me think something else needs to be done. I did re-mount my Hero 3 on the H4-3D and no noise at all. Kind of has me baffled.

Maybe you can help me with this

Thx
Dillion
2015-3-16
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

Hong Kong

Does it within 7 DOA days? Could ask dealer to replace a new one
2015-3-16
Use props
seven26ers
lvl.1

Singapore

My H3-3D once had a grinding noise when I put too much counterbalance weight on it (to balance a Gopro Hero 4 and a Polar Pro ND filter). I removed all the counterbalance and did an IMU basic calibration, and the noise disappeared. Not sure if it helps but maybe try a basic IMU calibration. Does your Hero 4 sit balanced in the H4-3D when it's powered off?
2015-3-16
Use props
dillardsj
lvl.2
Flight distance : 191056 ft
United States

seven26ers@gmai Posted at 2015-3-17 14:20
My H3-3D once had a grinding noise when I put too much counterbalance weight on it (to balance a Gop ...

Actually I did an advanced Calibration, not sure if that was right or not figured that was better than the basic. And yes the Hero 4 does sit balanced without power on. And I noticed that the Hero 3 is not balanced without power, however does not make any noise when powering up.
2015-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules