After turn on, just beeps constantly
23224 36 2017-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Uncle Stumpy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 140315 ft
United States

After my iPad turned itself off during the newest firmware update, obviously the update failed.

Later I was going to try the download again and after I turned on the drone battery, the camera gimbal did its thing and then the drone just beeps constantly and won't stop.
Turn it off and back on again, same thing.
Let's say I complete the firmware download and try to upload it into the drone, will it take if the drone is stuck in some weird beeping mode?

Does anyone know what this is?  Thank you!

2017-6-24
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

can you connect thrue the dji go app to the drone wifi??if you can do a imu calibration under advanced settings under sensors.remember to put the drone on a solid surface like a floor and dont touch it while its calibrating.after calibration done turn rc and ac off and restart it as normal.
2017-6-25
Use props
Knobbynomates
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18504 ft
United Kingdom

My latest update went fine ... but the previous one left me with a drone that sat there with the loudest single beeps I had ever heard and twitching motors ... I cr**ped myself!  I started the download again from scratch with the thing beeping like mad and after about 25 mins all was well (I really thought I had bricked it)
2017-6-25
Use props
Space Drone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53862 ft
United States

Is your throttle stick all the way down? If it is then the controller will beep until it is up. Hope this helps and safe flying!
2017-6-25
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

DJI actually tell you to just restart the process again.

What I would do is make sure the FW bin file is on the root of the SD Card.

Switch on RC, Switch on AC without SD card in.
It will make all the beeps and crap ... and LED on gimbal will be blinking red because it cannot find SD card.

Now insert SD card into slot and let it all do its thing .... it does not need any tablet / phone in this, as the FW is being read from the SD card. (Someone I am sure will say "Holy Moly ... don't insert card in a switched on machine !! .... well ignore them - they are wrong !).

Just go away and have a cup of tea ... just keep an eye on it and leave it alone till the beep changes and the LED on gimbal goes steady green.

Turn everything off.

Then restart RC, then AC then Phone / Tablet. Log onto Phantom WiFi ... start GO .... see if you now have installation working. If so - then I recc'd turning all off and then going to a clear area to do IMU and Compass calibrations ... I do not advise doing either in the house or on driveway. Make sure place you pick is level ... take a mat if necessary.
Once all those are out of the way - then you can do gimbal calibration etc. if you think necessary.

Nigel
2017-6-25
Use props
Knobbynomates
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18504 ft
United Kingdom

solentlife Posted at 2017-6-25 03:45

When it happened to me I had to have a Jack Daniels or two (not tea)!

Good advice, as always Nigel
2017-6-25
Use props
Uncle Stumpy
lvl.3
United States

Thanks Nigel but I will try everything else first as I have not a clue what the FW bin file is let alone the root of the sd card. SD card I get but that's it.
2017-6-25
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Latvia

The FW bin file is a file on your iPhone ...

It will be named : P3C_FW_V01.09.0200.bin

It is the file that your phone downloaded to be able to update your Controller and Model.

If you take the SD card out of the camera and copy that file to the card ..... NOT in a folder ... (you will probably see another file there with lots of numbers and .bin ... ignore it - but thats the root of the card and where you need to put the above file to).

Put card back into camera after file is copied to it ... switch on Controller and model ... let it do all the beeps and bits ... probably take about 15 - 20 minutes to finish.

Once you just get beeps and a steady green LED on the camera gimbal - all is done and you can switch all off.

Then you need to restart all with your phone, put back your settings as to altitude etc, and then to find a smooth level clear area away from any magnetics / metal etc and do all the calibrations.

"Uncle Stumpy" .... you really do need to read up and learn about these items as they are fundamental items to know for the P3S ...

Nigel
2017-6-25
Use props
Uncle Stumpy
lvl.3
United States

solentlife Posted at 2017-6-25 04:38
The FW bin file is a file on your iPhone ...

It will be named : P3C_FW_V01.09.0200.bin

I am studying up on this stuff, that is why I am talking to you! You are my education.

I have an iPad and there is no slot to put in an SD card. Take the card out o the camera and copy the file on the phone onto the sd card. How is that possible with no slot on the iPad?
2017-6-25
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Latvia

What happens if you switch on all items ... iPad, Controller and Model ? Linking iPad of course to the Phantom WiFi ?

If the update failed - DJI's system is that it should try to install again ...

If that does not work - then I suggest downloading the FW bin file to your PC and then copy it to the SD Card that way via a card reader. That is how I did it.

Here is the download link to get it to your PC :  http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/p ... _FW_V01.09.0200.bin

Once you have it copied to your SD Card ... then complete the steps I gave earlier.

Nigel
2017-6-25
Use props
Uncle Stumpy
lvl.3
United States

solentlife Posted at 2017-6-25 09:55
What happens if you switch on all items ... iPad, Controller and Model ? Linking iPad of course to the Phantom WiFi ?

If the update failed - DJI's system is that it should try to install again ...

Now THAT is something I can work with.
Thank you again Nigel.

Were are you from with a name like Nigel? Not a common name in the States.
2017-6-25
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

hes from latvia as i can see under he´s profile
2017-6-25
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Latvia

I am a true blue English guy who moved to Russia and then Baltics in early 90's ... I live in Latvia but my 'office' is in Dubai !

I married a Russian. Most of my business is Russian based.

Nigel
2017-6-25
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Had this recently. Turned out the battery needed the latest update. Once this was completed, all fine. Also, moved to a different location and it actually stopped. I thought this was very strange but never had it since after the battery updated.
2017-6-26
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

ye russian and baltic ladies is pretty.i has bee engaged with one from riga in 4 years and she moved here to denmark with her son to me.but now we are living apart as i dident work out.so maybe a trip again to Riga whitch is a beutyful city who newer sleep´s
2017-6-26
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Latvia

You cant get more Russian than this ...

My wife with Mig 17 ......... (its just inside entrance to one of our flying sites - an ex Soviet front line Fighter base).

Nigel
2017-6-26
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

is that near the riga airport as there is also some old soviet jets and helikopters
2017-6-26
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Latvia

No ... its at Cirava, which is SSW of Riga inland from Liepaja.

Riga Airport has a Museum but sadly nationalist stupidity is wasting exhibiting some of most interesting items such as the Backfire Bomber from Tukums, the MiL Hind etc. They sit outside ignored in the compound.

Nigel
2017-6-26
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

if i go to latvia maybe we can have a meet between two drone pilots lol lol
2017-6-26
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Latvia

Rene Jensen Posted at 2017-6-26 05:06
if i go to latvia maybe we can have a meet between two drone pilots lol lol

Sure ... and I'll even introduce you to the Mig !!

AND proper RC flying !!

Don't forget that Beer is much cheaper here as well.

Cheers
Nigel
2017-6-26
Use props
Brayan2134
lvl.1
Flight distance : 138205 ft
United States

The same thing happened to me. What I did is turn off the drone. Make sure the sd card is on the drone. Turn the drone on along with the remote controller. After connect to the drone via wifi and FORCE CLOSE THE APP (Dji go 3).  It should tell you that the the drone needs an update. IF not, then FORMAT the sd card on your computer, download the firmware and place it into  the sd card, not in a folder or anything, and then turn on the drone, connect and it should tell you that It needs an update. Update it and BOOM.
2017-6-26
Use props
Brayan2134
lvl.1
Flight distance : 138205 ft
United States

The same thing happened to me. What I did is turn off the drone. Make sure the sd card is on the drone. Turn the drone on along with the remote controller. After connect to the drone via wifi and FORCE CLOSE THE APP (Dji go 3).  It should tell you that the the drone needs an update. IF not, then FORMAT the sd card on your computer, download the firmware and place it into  the sd card, not in a folder or anything, and then turn on the drone, connect and it should tell you that It needs an update. Update it and BOOM.
2017-6-26
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

where in latvia do you live??
2017-6-26
Use props
davidgig
New

China

it should be find, if you got upgraded the firmware
2017-6-26
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Latvia

Brayan2134 Posted at 2017-6-26 06:37

This insistence on formatting cards .....

All you need do is delete the bin file if it doesn't restart the update and copy a new download of the bin file to the root.

Nigel
2017-6-26
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Latvia

Rene Jensen Posted at 2017-6-26 07:14
where in latvia do you live??

South end of Ventspils .......... along the bank of the River Venta.

I have a 3.5acre spread with own yacht channel and moorings at back of house.

Nigel
2017-6-26
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

nice video how fare is it from riga as i only can fly from billund to riga??
2017-6-26
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Latvia

180kms from Riga Airport.

https://www.google.lv/maps/dir/R ... 400cfcd68f2fea0!3e0

Nigel
2017-6-26
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

ok and how do i get from riga to ventspils??
2017-6-26
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Latvia

Best is the Bus actually ... its comfortable coaches and cost is about 10 Euros one way.

From Airport to Bus Station - there is a mini bus service that costs 3 Euros every 20 - 30 mins from the Car Park ... or take a licensed bandit called a taxi and pay between 10 and 20 Euros.

My house is being renovated so I would not be able to offer ... but hotels here are cheap and in the centre which is not far from me is about 20 - 30 Euro a night ... even at height of season - doubt it goes higher than 40 a night.

If you do think about coming over - then you'd have to check with me first by PM or email .... progress400"at"gmail.com .... I don't put @ as that can lead to BOTS filling up my email ! I am due to travel quite a bit summer / autumn ...

Nigel
2017-6-26
Use props
#shotxclvck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3423297 ft
United States

sounds like an update, be patient
2017-6-26
Use props
DeniseH
New

United States

Just purchased the Phantom 3 Standard.  Mine is doing the same thing.  My husband was doing the update but STOPPED it.  I don't know why.  So now the drone is constantly beeping.  We let it sit for over an hour last night beeping and nothing happened.  There was no where for me to update again.  I have no idea how to reformat cards or anything like that.  I am not sure how to fix this problem.  We took the battery out to make the beeping stop.  As soon as you put the battery back in, it starts beeping again.  If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this issue, please let me know!
2017-8-17
Use props
Uncle Stumpy
lvl.3
United States

DeniseH Posted at 2017-8-17 09:00
Just purchased the Phantom 3 Standard.  Mine is doing the same thing.  My husband was doing the update but STOPPED it.  I don't know why.  So now the drone is constantly beeping.  We let it sit for over an hour last night beeping and nothing happened.  There was no where for me to update again.  I have no idea how to reformat cards or anything like that.  I am not sure how to fix this problem.  We took the battery out to make the beeping stop.  As soon as you put the battery back in, it starts beeping again.  If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this issue, please let me know!

After I posted this problem, I tried installing the update several times and finally it took but it beeped during the whole process. I was in the kitchen and heard the beeping stop, ran into the other room to see what's up and sure enough, the update finally too and the beeping stopped.
So my recommendation would be to get some ear plugs and keep trying.  Good luck.
2017-8-24
Use props
stuka75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

DeniseH Posted at 2017-8-17 09:00

YOU dont need to reformat the card. If you don't know how to move files from pc to sd card, then get someone who can help. This technique comes form Solentlife who has made massive contributions to this forum.
Delete the old .bin file from the sd card. Copy the newly downloaded .bin file to the root of the sd card(where you found the old file). Find it here at the bottom of the page: http://www.phantomhelp.com/Phantom-3-Standard/#FirmwareArchive  "v1.09.2"
Make sure battery is fully charged as this may take 30 minutes. It will beep annoyingly the whole time.
Cool the unit with a fan of some sort if possible. Then use the method below.
"Switch on RC
Switch on AC without SD card.
Let them lock RC will turn green, but AC LED will flash RED as it tries to find the SD card.
Insert SD card (I find I lift the AC and tilt it so camera gimbal rotates camera giving me better access to SD card slot).
Put back on flat surface and leave both RC and AC alone while you go make a cup of tea. It will make all those beeps and LED will flash RED GREEN on the AC.
After about 15 or minutes ... beeps change and LED is green on AC. Switch off AC then switch off RC.
Now start up everything as normal ... RC then AC then Tablet ... check that all is GREEN !!
Now do the non-critical calibrations such as Gimbal and Controller.
Check setting you normally have such as Max altitude .. Flight modes ... distance off etc. Reset to your parameters."
Thanks to Solentlife

2017-8-24
Use props
DjiSepp
lvl.2

Switzerland

Hello, my P3P crashed and the gimbal is broken. So I took it off. But when I turn it on, there is this beeping sound. Fast beeps.

I tried your instructions step by step. The light turns from flashing red/green to flashing green, but the sound does not stop. It is this fast beeping sound. When I switch the drone on, it starts to beep again. Light is flashing green.

Any ideas?

Greetings and thanks for help!
2018-1-18
Use props
Dhillskiier1653
lvl.2
Flight distance : 391818 ft
United States

I had this same issue twice and I was told by DJI to just take your sd card and format it. (but first remove your video files that you want to keep!) After, just retry the update and it will beep for a few minutes before it stops and continues with the update like normal. Hope this helps!
2018-1-19
Use props
DjiSepp
lvl.2

Switzerland

Dhillskiier1653 Posted at 2018-1-19 07:49
I had this same issue twice and I was told by DJI to just take your sd card and format it. (but first remove your video files that you want to keep!) After, just retry the update and it will beep for a few minutes before it stops and continues with the update like normal. Hope this helps!

Hello, does the drone fly without the camera, the gimbal and the electronic box? With these two wires without connection.
When I turn it on, it still beeps like crazy.

Greetings
2018-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules