1114 4 2015-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johnchao411
lvl.4
Flight distance : 45364 ft
Taiwan

Hi, Everyone,

This is my first post on the forum, and it's a report about crashing one of my bird.... and how I rebuild the FPV after all.

Several days ago, my "2 weeks old" vision+ V3 has accidentally lose two black props in the air while I'm making a sudden brake, it has grenade onto the surface and "explode" >_<.....

The aircraft is still working properly but the cam and the gimbal are both out of service>>I have no choice but have to send them back to DJI.

I'm really really sad about that after spending 2 weeks happy times with my vision+, even the aircraft is flying well still but no cam means no FPV which is no fun at all. So an idea has popped up>> FPV via Gopro...since I got a Gopro H3+ black on my bird no.2...so no extra spending on a new cam is required.

I'm awaring about the original wifi range limit of the gopro is too short>>approximately 30m radius, therefore I tried to make some researches on it through the net and has find out something>>bridge a wifi repeater between Gopro and the iPhone might help.

I went to the store and bought a 20dbm router with repeater function included, changed the IP address to 10.5.5.XX(the Gopro defaut is 10.5.5.9 as known), the camera view in Gopro app worked just fine as usual.

I brought the gopro+repeater+bird outdoor and tested the FPV flight range, the wifi signal got approximately 25% still at 350m far. That's really sweet... now two of my birds are both flying happy and well, that's certainly the greatest thing to me after all.
2015-3-16
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Sorry to hear about the crash, really curious about the loss of two black props during a brake, were you flying ATTI?
2015-3-16
Use props
johnchao411
lvl.4
Taiwan

Yes, ATTI mode, speed: 17.X m/s. I believe the sudden brake from a high speed is the reason which causes the prop loosen.....those two black props has no visual damages and looks as good as new after a speedy crashing from 30 meters high.

Like most other sad people who loses their props in the air, I'm very serious on checking and tighten up each single prop every time before take off, but it still comes to that..... So I start to use anaerobic adhesive for each set of the props, and try to fly "slower".....perhaps a speed limit in GPS mode would be safer I guess.
2015-3-16
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

johnchao411@gma Posted at 2015-3-16 23:39
Yes, ATTI mode, speed: 17.X m/s. I believe the sudden brake from a high speed is the reason which ca ...

Wow and thanks for confirming, that is 39.5 mph+..you could have got a speeding ticket!
I had caught some wind the other day and hit 38.9 mph, near crapped my pants and just let the throttle go, came home and landed as I had a couple of near tips earlier in the wind but not near that speed.
2015-3-16
Use props
johnchao411
lvl.4
Taiwan

... The top speed has been "locked" at 10m/s after the incident... ,
2015-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules