Video camera RESET mid flight - v01.03.0900 Problem?
7639 91 2017-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stivan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1965 ft
Panama

hello all .. just received a "new" mavic after sending mine in (due to a crash)

Support told me they had to "repair" the gimbal handle ($60) + 2 hours $120 = $180

And they sent me a refurbished one (different serial number) and this thing has the gimbal reset problem. Support please contact me.
2017-8-17
Use props
KryptoNyte
lvl.4
United States

m15alien Posted at 2017-8-17 04:06
So I received back my repaired Mavic, I'll fly it during the next w.e.. The Drone is the same (same serial number) shipped for repair, however I did not have any issue (mid flight gimbal reset apart) since i bought it last nov. I would like to know what was the problem.

@THOR: Hi, can you help me please to understand how was solved or repaired the Mavic?

I'd also like to know what the problem was and how it was solved.  This is just getting silly.
2017-8-19
Use props
m15alien
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6878596 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Today the weather was good for a safe test flight. I spent about 45 minutes of flight with my repaired Mavic with no issue, recording in 4k, taking pictures and recording again.
I agree with KryptoNyte and other users, it's important to know what was the problem or to have just a clue to better understand.

Thanks
2017-8-20
Use props
AstroPilot
lvl.2

Canada

I've had my Mavic around 4 months now (3/21/2017 mfg date). I've flown at least 30 flights, 10 to 20 mins per flight and never had a single issue. Just a few weeks ago I was about 15m up right in front of me and 2mins into recording (4k/24), I hit C1 to center focus and the bird twitched hard then the gimbal reset, video stopped recording and my camera settings were all reset to defaults. Recording did not resume automatically and the home point also changed to where the bird was at the time of the reset (signs of momentary power loss??). This was on .600 fw, then I updated to .900 last week and flew 3 times without an issue. Next flight again at around 2 mins into recording (4k/24 again) and only 20m away, I hit C1 to center focus and it twitched hard and all the exact same symptoms as above occurred.

Why would the home point suddenly change to the birds location if it's just an issue with the gimbal/camera subsystem? Has anyone checked the battery stats at the time of reset? Perhaps it's such a quick drop in power that the flight recorder doesn't pick it up.Strange that so many people have it happen at the 4gb file split point yet others like myself have it happen randomly.

Could someone have a look at my logs and see if there's any indicators in there? Is the twitching of the bird apparent in the attitude logs?

First time gimbal reset on .600: Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones
Next gimabl reset on .900: Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones
2017-8-20
Use props
m15alien
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6878596 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Gimbal camera reset FIRMWARE FIX ??????

Firmware v01.03.1000 RELEASE NOTES

Mavic Pro Release Notes
Date : 2017.08.22 Firmware : v01.03.1000 DJI GO 4
App iOS : v4.1.7 DJI GO 4
App Android : v4.1.5

What’s New?
Fixed an occasional issue where DNG files couldn’t be opened.
Fixed an occasional issue where the camera would restart automatically during recording.
Fixed an occasional issue where the gimbal would drift after self-checking.
Limited the max descend speed to 2 m/s and max ascend speed to 3 m/s in Propeller Cage mode.  Improved image quality.

So my Mavic went out for a "turistic tour" to visit the DJI EU Support?
2017-8-22
Use props
Dx_Operator
lvl.2
Flight distance : 140413 ft
United States

Dx_Operator Posted at 2017-7-11 04:53
Mavic pro Just starting having the issue were the gimbal does not sync for some reason. It has worked fine since I received the unit new in March 2017 and all aspects have worked.

Now after sitting for three months and then I upgraded the firmware to latest the gimbal does not work as it should

Created repair case, DJI paid shipping.  

My issue started after the latest update to  .009. .08 was fine.
It has not been acknowledged by DJI that this firmware caused the issue
but there is nothing else I did to create the issue. The mavic ran flawless until I did the update.

Then as previously stated the gimbal arm did it spaz out flip and flopping and CS says the arm was
damaged yes by your firmware update not my use!!

DJI can update what is causing this issue and hopefully it does NOT happen again.

Yes it sucks and its very expensive tool but they paid for shipping both ways and completed the repair.
About three weeks by the time I received my Mavic back.

I did have an issue with the mavic not binding to my controller.

Now that should not be caused by this gimbal arm repair but I spent over two hours via chat
since CS was closed trying to get in linked back to the controller.

If I had known I would have just followed these instructions in this video link below.
It sure would have been quicker than trying to chat with CS and the guy had no clue and I had to
keep repeating things.

When you send you ac in DJI first response is to bill you for the repair. NOT! You must contact them and explain it's their issue not yours. I explained everything in details and demanded the repair my mavic at no cost to me. They complied. If you don't fight the system they want to make any money they can on repairs even when the issue is caused by DJI buggy firmware update. Don't update to version .009.
2017-8-22
Use props
fans2d80ff3b
lvl.1
Australia

This has happened to me three times in the last three days.
Please help

Version
2018-1-4
Use props
DJT_MVSP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2018645 ft
Singapore

No issues with v01.03.0900 on my mavic, could be a "rare" issue as stated by Dji
2018-1-5
Use props
set_flyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1056499 ft
Spain

Hi all,

Firmware 01.04.100 and dji go 4.1.18 here,

I have 3 resets in mid flight two weeks ago. The resets always happend when closing the file (I record on 4k). As I read in another forum, I replaced the sd card, formated in FAT32, and since then I have maybe 6 - 8 flights and no more resets.

For those who have problems give it a try, for me it seems that solve the problem. (and I hope so!).

Hope it helps

2018-1-6
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Well here is my contribution.
The clip was extracted from the DJI GO App and is 6 seconds longer than the clip on the memory card in the drone which is also the time it took for the camera to reset.Happened when the file has reached 4 Gb
.700 firmware
- 10 degrees Celsius

2018-2-3
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

set_flyer Posted at 2018-1-6 02:41
Hi all,

Firmware 01.04.100 and dji go 4.1.18 here,

I format in the drone before each flight and it formats it in ExFAT. It seems the 4GB limit in file size is to prevent the file getting corrupted due to abnormal power cuts or other problems. It occurs on both FAT32 and exFAT volumes...
2018-2-3
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

alex_markov Posted at 2017-7-17 23:49
I have those resets 2-3 times
last time cough it in a cache ;)
https://youtu.be/U9yUYk7J118

Today I have it again but that time it took nearly a minute to recover reset exposure compensation circles thru different settings
Hope Mavic pro 2 will be better But I Love my Mavic Pro don't take me wrong - this a minor, infrequent annoyance but kills filming and resets some settings - annoyance it is
2018-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules