P4P Recalibrate Vision System?
8373 9 2017-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matt218
lvl.2
Australia

Hi,

Today I noticed that my P4P is giving a "Recalibrate the Vision System" error. It says to use DJI Assistant for PC or Mac to do this.

Has anyone else ever had this error and had success in correcting it? For starters I don't own a Mac, only a Windows PC.

I went to the P4P section on the DJI website and in the downloads, I downloaded the DJI Assistant 2. However this appears to be set up for an Inspire and not a Phantom even though its in the Phantom 4 Pro section of the website.

Couple of questions;

Is this error critical? The camera on the drone seems to be operating correctly?

How the hell do I connect the P4P to the PC, I need a double ended USB cable or something?

Thanks

2017-6-25
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

I don't know how much critical this error is, but I wouldn't fly with the sensors uncalibrated. The obstacle avoiding system is based on them... and the camera has nothing to do with it.
To connect the aircraft to the computer you use the cable that came with the box, ie. USB to micro USB.
If you google "calibrating vision system P4P" you'll get a wealth of results, including some videos. Also look at page 28 of the user manual.
2017-6-25
Use props
Matt218
lvl.2
Australia

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-6-25 02:25
I don't know how much critical this error is, but I wouldn't fly with the sensors uncalibrated. The obstacle avoiding system is based on them... and the camera has nothing to do with it.
To connect the aircraft to the computer you use the cable that came with the box, ie. USB to micro USB.
If you google "calibrating vision system P4P" you'll get a wealth of results, including some videos. Also look at page 28 of the user manual.

Thanks so much, will check it out
2017-6-25
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Download and install DJI Assistant 2 to your PC from Here
Install as Administrator, and confirm installation of USB driver as well (Unsigned driver).

From there run Assistant 2, plug in Phantom and power it up, you should then see (after a few seconds) a P4 icon appear, select this.

Have a look at this video, it refers to the vision calibration at 2:47.

https://www.djivideos.com/watch/ ... 07a7fc3eb.png@!1200
2017-6-25
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Matt, here is a tutorials for your reference.The vison calibration of P4 is similar with P4P.
2017-6-26
Use props
fansf0e89079
lvl.1
United States

Just got the notification to update my vision system today (P4P).  I'm having an issue when I download DJI Assistant to my Mac...After I complete the installation process the application itself doesn't download onto the computer, even after restart.  I've tried on two different Macs, with two different operating systems....same results.

Has anyone else had similar issues, or know of a solution?? Any help is greatly appreciated.
2017-10-31
Use props
fans61699a75
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Didnt you accidentely upload the windows version?
2017-10-31
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

fansf0e89079 Posted at 2017-10-31 13:53
Just got the notification to update my vision system today (P4P).  I'm having an issue when I download DJI Assistant to my Mac...After I complete the installation process the application itself doesn't download onto the computer, even after restart.  I've tried on two different Macs, with two different operating systems....same results.

Has anyone else had similar issues, or know of a solution?? Any help is greatly appreciated.

I remember reading something like this, the solution was to look for DJI Assistant, not Assistant?
Knowing nothing of Mac's not sure if that help you.
2017-10-31
Use props
fansf0e89079
lvl.1
United States

Can you clarify what you meant there? Not sure if I understand
2017-11-1
Use props
fansf0e89079
lvl.1
United States

fans61699a75 Posted at 2017-10-31 21:07
Didnt you accidentely upload the windows version?

No, definitely was the Mac version.  I'm gonna try the windows version on a buddy's pc.
2017-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules