Gimbal Glitch Example and More
762 2 2017-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jsantacroce
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10036 ft
United States

DJI asked me for an example if I got a repeat of the glitch in my Gimbal that has only happened since the Firmware update. Well, here it is. This has happened 4 or 5 times including twice this morning.

P4P+ (and non-plus) \ See screenshots below for version infoNote that I have done a complete factory reset already to fix the map issue when they were all wiped out in the upgrade process.

Couple things:
- They know about the continual Strong Interference Warnings and WiFi warnings and I am hoping for a fix soon
- Additionally, it seems like even though I set it to Auto Clear Cache it turns itself off. Perhaps not. This I have to watch more but today I had to clear it multiple times and I had to reset it to Auto Clear
- Although I have it in Airplane mode in 2.4ghz I constantly get warnings. In 5.8ghz with Airplane mode on I do not. However, every time I power down and up I have to reset it to 5.8ghz as it defaults back to 2.4ghz. Once reset it flies fine.

- The other interesting thing is although the ABOUT screen tells me I have the latest (I believe) app and Firmware. If I check updates it says v1.02.00.00. So I'm a little confused there. Plus to make matters more interesting. After each 5 or 6 flights, it keeps telling me my Firmware is out of date and needs to be updated. I say ok and the controller (not connected to Wifi) updated the copter from about 49% to 100 in about 3 minutes and is done and it's fine for the next 4 or 5 flights or more. Very strange. At home connected to WiFi I tell it to check for updates and it says as you can see in the picture below that it is the latest.

Gimbal issue:
- Note that this seems to occur when I stop video recording, take a picture, then resume video recording (I use both JPEG and RAW) with Manual Settings. The Gimbal just falls to the left or right. I have to turn the copter to get it back in line. Scared the hell out of me today out over the river as I looked down at the controller and thought I was going to hit something. The first time it happened I was not able to capture it. It went away before recording restarted (reference the above delay due to no auto clear cache). But I was able to get it the second time. In this clip you can see where I stopped recording to take a picture then restarted recording and there it was.

DJI - puh-lease put out an update soon but make sure all these issues are addressed. If I have done something wrong in the upgrade, please let me know. As I've said, I've updated both controllers (Plus and Non-plus) and have issues with both.

p4pplus1.jpg
p4pplus2.jpg
2017-6-25
Use props
jsantacroce
lvl.3
United States

Being I haven't heard anything and want to fly this thing I decided last night to load up Assistant 2 on my laptop and try it all over again. The P4P Firmware re-update went ok. The controller (P4P+) was having no part of it though. So I redid the P4P+ firmware and still have all the same STRONG INTERFERENCE and Wifi issues. It was getting late and I did not have enough flying time to check out the Gimbal issue. But I did do another full Calibration along with the IMU and Compass and Gimbal so perhaps something in all of that might help the situation.

If DJI has any suggetsions I sure would welcome them. And if a patch is coming I certainly would like to get an ETA!!!

Thanks
2017-6-27
Use props
jsantacroce
lvl.3
United States

DJI - you asked for examples. I provided them 3 days ago. I am sure you are busy but please take 1 minute to advise if I should take additional steps, call support, send it in, or sell it.

Thank you.
2017-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules