Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
( Solved ) X3 Zoom Camera Inspire 1.v2
9468 14 2017-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
davawt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4885 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Hi there,
Can anybody help with this problem, I have seen ads for the the X3 ZOOM (OSMO) camera that say it is compatable with the Inspire 1.v2 is this correct.
Thanks for reading hope someone can answer.
Bye
Dave

2017-6-25
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

The X3 (Black) zoom will not work on the Inspire 1. Osmo only.
The Z3 (White) zoom will work on both.
I know this for certain as I own both.
Anyone who says otherwise is either misinformed...... or lying.
2017-6-25
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Do you mean the Z3 Zoom camera??  I believe the Z3 works on both the Inspire 1 and OSMO

Rich
2017-6-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Zenmuse X3 Zoom (black) is not compatible with Inspire 1, but the Z3 (white) is compatible with Osmo handle and Inspire 1.
2017-6-26
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
Sweden

Thank you all for the info,
Yes there are some sellers out there saying it works ( X3 Zoom ) with the DJI Inspire 1 v2.
So thanks to you for info, I presume they just want the money no scruples no honesty no idea of running a business.
Thanks again folks, you have just saved me a lot of money and pain.
Bye
Dave
2017-6-26
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

davawt Posted at 2017-6-26 12:13
Yes there are some sellers out there saying it works ( X3 Zoom ) with the DJI Inspire 1 v2.
So thanks to you for info, I presume they just want the money no scruples no honesty no idea of running a business.

or they might be just plain stupid!!
2017-6-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

davawt Posted at 2017-6-26 12:13

It would be better to contact our support about technical problems rather than resellers, glad you did so.
2017-6-27
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2017-6-26 17:41
or they might be just plain stupid!!

"Or they might be just plain stupid"

That made me  ( literally ) laugh out  looud  and spit my coffee on the screen , thanks for the chortle

donnie
2017-6-27
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

i wish the X3 osmo+ zoom would work on the Inspire, the black would be nice to match the black body. instead gotta dismantle the Z3 and paint it...
2017-11-11
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TruGreen Posted at 2017-11-11 16:01
i wish the X3 osmo+ zoom would work on the Inspire, the black would be nice to match the black body. instead gotta dismantle the Z3 and paint it...

Hi TruGreen, the Z3 zoom is great.
I like the contrast of the colours, I left mine as they where, seems to look right when flying, the camera stands out from the Inspire 1.v2. I even went on and bought a second controller for the camera control and then got DJI Goggles for that side of things, all works perfectly together. I can fly the Inspire with an  iPad (But deffinitly needs Flying with in sight of 1st pilot) while the camera control (Second pilot) is through the Goggles view but using the HDMI and still controlling the camera with their RC.
I think the DJI Inspire 1.v2 is the tops, but I have never flown a Inspire 2 yet so wait and see.
bye
davawt
2017-11-12
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2856060 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does the black z3 (that comes with the Osmo+) work on the Inspire v2? I am getting video signal and zoom functionality, but gimbal is completely unresponsive. Fan is on.
2018-6-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Tony@CVP Posted at 2018-6-1 21:02
Does the black z3 (that comes with the Osmo+) work on the Inspire v2? I am getting video signal and zoom functionality, but gimbal is completely unresponsive. Fan is on.

Just to clarify, we are using Osmo+ Zenmuse X3 Zoom Gimbal and Camera? Please see the link below for further information.
https://store.dji.com/product/os ... esult-v2&position=4
2018-6-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Tony@CVP Posted at 2018-6-1 21:02
Does the black z3 (that comes with the Osmo+) work on the Inspire v2? I am getting video signal and zoom functionality, but gimbal is completely unresponsive. Fan is on.

No, Tony, black X3 Zoom(its actual name) is not compatible with Inspire series.
2018-6-6
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tony@CVP Posted at 6-1 21:02
Does the black z3 (that comes with the Osmo+) work on the Inspire v2? I am getting video signal and zoom functionality, but gimbal is completely unresponsive. Fan is on.

Hi Tony,
Sorry for the long wait for this reply as I am sure you have Solved it yourself or sold it on,
The Only Zoom for the inspire is the Z3 ..
bye
davawt
2018-12-30
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

old thread, sorry to bounce it back to life...  still true and is so....why?    i just purchased a used inspire 1 for a steal... and on the way.   it comes with standard X3 camera (white), 3 batteries , 2 of which is TB48's seller wasn't sure of current condition but said physically seem perfect, no bloating.    and i have a source for a Osmo+ (3.5X zoom) for really cheap, willing to do module only and showed me the connection end and pins and adapter itself looks identical looks same and connection looks identical like should be compatible with inspire 1 and showed me the SD card was on the camera bubble itself... is this soft locked or electrically different?   i'd really like use that camera module on my inspire when i get it...

the seller of the drone when i asked told me heard rumors the camera itself does image transmission and that's probably why wouldn't work...but why would that make sense?  to either of us since seems like wasteful method, would be better to send the data signal over aircraft body... seems kinda silly way if not using body to transmit.  
2019-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules