Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Stability issues. Sporadic movement when hovering / in flight
1074 19 2017-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VAGUE photograp
New
United States

hey there.  ive got an issue with my P4P stability.  im on the most current versions of the app/firmware.  ive calibrated everything including the VPS with the most current version of DJI assist.  ive also got new props on the unit as well.  upon starting up it and lifting it starts to make jerky movements (left, right, and in altitude) as if its trying to correct itself. it does this in flight too and im getting terrible footage as its moving all over the place and changing elevation while flying/filming.
anybody have any idea what is going on and what i can do?
thanks in advance.
im new to posting here but have been flying for a few months.

2017-6-25
Use props
vfrailing
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2564442 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry, I double replied.  The question I have is, when I downgrade the firmware, will I need to do that with the controller as well to be compatible?  Have never downgraded before.
2017-6-25
Use props
vfrailing
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I am having similar issues, after the upgrade.  I have sporadic altitude changes, sometimes in tight situations.  But the most bothersome is when the gimbal does not center itself after a yaw, which has happened to me twice now, terminating the flight.  I am going to try downgrading the firmware, see if that restores my confidence.
2017-6-25
Use props
fans0bc416f9
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8163 ft
United Kingdom

I have same issues on p4
Take off wasn't smooth, and resulted in a crash!
It basically lifted off the ground then continued to rise at approx 45 degree angle straight into a barbed wire fence.....luckily no damage,
It seems to be a bit better after various calibrations but still nowhere near as good as it was,
Flying is ok but hovering is about as smooth as my walking after 10 pints of lager & 5 shots of whiskey
2017-6-25
Use props
VAGUE photograp
New
United States

im going to try down grading the firmware..... problem is that it also sent me into a crash and i bent the landing gear.  im afraid that the distortion to the legs it caused will throw off any IMU calibration.  ive got a change of props coming to make sure its not those as well as a new landing gear.....  i hope i can straighten this out without sending it in because i could really use it on a couple jobs coming up.  ive heard mixed reviews with DJI's turn around time.  
2017-6-26
Use props
VAGUE photograp
New
United States

vfrailing Posted at 2017-6-25 18:27
Sorry, I double replied.  The question I have is, when I downgrade the firmware, will I need to do that with the controller as well to be compatible?  Have never downgraded before.

id imagine youd have to downgrade the controller too.... it wouldnt hurt
2017-6-26
Use props
VAGUE photograp
New
United States

vfrailing Posted at 2017-6-25 18:29
I am having similar issues, after the upgrade.  I have sporadic altitude changes, sometimes in tight situations.  But the most bothersome is when the gimbal does not center itself after a yaw, which has happened to me twice now, terminating the flight.  I am going to try downgrading the firmware, see if that restores my confidence.

have you calibrated the gimbal?
2017-6-26
Use props
VAGUE photograp
New
United States

fans0bc416f9 Posted at 2017-6-25 21:07
I have same issues on p4
Take off wasn't smooth, and resulted in a crash!
It basically lifted off the ground then continued to rise at approx 45 degree angle straight into a barbed wire fence.....luckily no damage,

hovering seems more sporatic in movement for me too, but its definitely jittery in flight.  took it up today to test after another round of calibrations and a prop change, and even though it was a bit windy (about 14mph) it was all over the place.  
2017-6-26
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

Have you tried not using GPS mode but sport/atti mod? If it flows steadily in the air on sport/atti mode that means your GPS/sensor system has issues.
2017-6-26
Use props
vfrailing
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Rolled back the firmware on the P4P yesterday, but not the controller.  Flew a test flight, no issues.  Then, flew a mission for a client, (3 batteries) and it was perfect.  What concerns me is that I will be locked out sometime when on a job, without warning, because I am not current.  I wish that a DJI moderator would chime in.  Will there be an update to fix these stability and gimbal issues so that I can be current again?  DTK, have not tried ATTI, because I did not see how that would affect gimbal.
Thanks for the reply, though
2017-6-27
Use props
vfrailing
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Vague, yes I had done the gimbal calibration, and the IMU and Vision System after the update.  Did not change a thing, still buggy.  Happy but nervous with a rollback.
2017-6-27
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

Yeah, I really don't see any relationship about gimbal and sporadic movements too. If you mean sporadic movements, do you mean phantom is not fixed at a point with GPS on. If you are in atti mode you can see whether sporadic movement is due to GPS mal function, Atti mode do not rely on GPS signal. It just a way to proof that your issue is or is not due to GPS issues.
2017-6-27
Use props
flyDGI
New

Hello, I put my Phantom 4 back in the box about a year ago due to this issue. Flew rock solid until a forced update. After the update the thing scared me to death to fly as there where uncontollable sporadic movements in mid flight.
Has this issue been resolved with any further updates?
2018-5-29
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

flyDGI Posted at 2018-5-29 17:17
Hello, I put my Phantom 4 back in the box about a year ago due to this issue. Flew rock solid until a forced update. After the update the thing scared me to death to fly as there where uncontollable sporadic movements in mid flight.
Has this issue been resolved with any further updates?

Not complete, it has become better but far from the stable conditions it had pre v.1.4.602.

Hopefully you have taken care of your battery/ies during this long rest.
2018-5-30
Use props
FarmerMac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1215079 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

I got exact same problem after latest update.
The P4P is realy unstable when hovering. Changeing altitude from +/- 20cm up to almost 1 meter.
Did all the calibrations (IMU, Compass, sensors, Gimbal) but did not help.
Ill try downgrade, to get past this problem!
2018-5-30
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

FarmerMac Posted at 2018-5-30 01:55
I got exact same problem after latest update.
The P4P is realy unstable when hovering. Changeing altitude from +/- 20cm up to almost 1 meter.
Did all the calibrations (IMU, Compass, sensors, Gimbal) but did not help.

"Ill try downgrade, to get past this problem!"
Best luck, i am afraid it won't solve by downgrading. possibly caused by some module that was not contained in previous versions and therefore won't get the old code rewritten.

Let us hear how it turn out.
2018-5-30
Use props
FarmerMac
lvl.4
  • >>>
Denmark

KedDK Posted at 2018-5-30 03:01
"Ill try downgrade, to get past this problem!"
Best luck, i am afraid it won't solve by downgrading. possibly caused by some module that was not contained in previous versions and therefore won't get the old code rewritten.

Now I have been downgrading my AC to V 1.04.0602. This was the version I have had
best experience with prior to the most resent version.
Now the AC is almost 100% stable when hovering, so I gues this was the solution for
me.
Now I actually can take photos with my drone again.

DJI.. I think you should start test your new releases in real life in sted of doing it in
simulators.
Sorry
2018-6-7
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

FarmerMac Posted at 2018-6-7 21:36
Now I have been downgrading my AC to V 1.02.0602. This was the version I have had
best experience with prior to the most resent version.
Now the AC is almost 100% stable when hovering, so I gues this was the solution for

That is interesting as my problems started with 1.04.0602, as i suppose you mean, afaik 2.0602 was a version for P4 std.
I am unsure what was on mine when i bought it but i think it was 03.509 as i have found the most stable also by downgrading but the reduced range i got after 4.602 was never cured again.

Now you'er without the automatic pano shooting but i guess that is an offer that is worth it if otherwise stable.

Happy shooting in the dry heat.
2018-6-7
Use props
FarmerMac
lvl.4
  • >>>
Denmark

KedDK Posted at 2018-6-7 22:06
That is interesting as my problems started with 1.04.0602, as i suppose you mean, afaik 2.0602 was a version for P4 std.
I am unsure what was on mine when i bought it but i think it was 03.509 as i have found the most stable also by downgrading but the reduced range i got after 4.602 was never cured again.

Ups.. mistake corrected ;)

Yea.. I dont use Pano mode for anything. Its only a nice-to-have feature
2018-6-7
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

FarmerMac Posted at 2018-6-7 22:24
Ups.. mistake corrected ;)

Yea.. I dont use Pano mode for anything. Its only a nice-to-have feature

What really is interesting is why you can't get back on the 1.4.70x version that was available to the Obsidian only ...
2018-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules