Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Nexus 7 and Mavic Pro?
3174 11 2017-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mwr
New

United States

I'm considering getting a Mavic Pro and already have a Nexus 7, but not the "II" model. Will my Nexus 7 work with the Mavic Pro?

2017-6-25
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

There is no guarantee as it is not on the approved list. That doesn't mean that it won't work but if you do have problems then you probably won't get support to solve them.
2017-6-25
Use props
fansc73d3cec
lvl.3
Flight distance : 33570 ft
Australia

My nexus 7 will not run it. From what i have heard you need the 2nd series.
2017-6-25
Use props
fans848f2e4b
lvl.3
Flight distance : 291929 ft
United States

I had some problems using Litchi with the Nexus 7 and got this from Litchi:

The Nexus 7 is no longer enough to run the latest Litchi version, due to the requirements increase from the new DJI development kit version.
For Android, our recommended devices are: Nvidia Shield K1, Google Pixel/Pixel XL.
For iOS, our recommended devices are: iPad mini 4, iPad 2017, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro, iPhone 6s or anything higher.

You could downgrade to 3.10.10 (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9SCOsPRhNjTbGZMWk9GNGM3M0k)
2017-7-31
Use props
Dorset_Horn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 93379 ft
United Kingdom

Don't know which Nexus7 I have but it is spare and seemed an obvious choice for a screen, which is bigger than my phone. It (djiGo4 app) froze then crashed once, putting me nearer the trees than I wanted. I quickly flew the AC away to clearer air while it rebooted. All was well and the fault hasn't recurred. I'm going to look out for a cheap iPad, I think.
2018-2-19
Use props
Thudd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1624787 ft
United States

Dorset_Horn Posted at 2018-2-19 12:47
Don't know which Nexus7 I have but it is spare and seemed an obvious choice for a screen, which is bigger than my phone. It (djiGo4 app) froze then crashed once, putting me nearer the trees than I wanted. I quickly flew the AC away to clearer air while it rebooted. All was well and the fault hasn't recurred. I'm going to look out for a cheap iPad, I think.

If your Nexus 7 has a camera on the back, then you have the 2013, (newer) model. Mine works well with current firm and software.  
2018-2-19
Use props
Dorset_Horn
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Thudd Posted at 2018-2-19 13:55
If your Nexus 7 has a camera on the back, then you have the 2013, (newer) model. Mine works well with current firm and software.

Yep, that's the one. Camera front and back. It (the app) seems to want to be updated on both the Nexus and the iPhone. Shouldn't one automatically update the other?
2018-2-20
Use props
Thudd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1624787 ft
United States

Dorset_Horn Posted at 2018-2-20 06:02
Yep, that's the one. Camera front and back. It (the app) seems to want to be updated on both the Nexus and the iPhone. Shouldn't one automatically update the other?

They are separate.  Update both independently. Also, try and uninstall as many apps as possible to free up space and cpu load.
2018-2-20
Use props
Dorset_Horn
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Thudd Posted at 2018-2-20 10:02
They are separate.  Update both independently. Also, try and uninstall as many apps as possible to free up space and cpu load.

Good tip. The Nexus is entirely surplus and I can keep it just for a screen. The iPhone is for when I'm not playing with my toys...
2018-2-21
Use props
Moore-Grant
Second Officer
Flight distance : 546765 ft

United Kingdom

Hi friends,

I know this post is old but I have just got my first Drone, a Mavic Pro, can't afford the Pro 2 or Zoom. My total flight time so far is 5 hours 41 minutes.

OK, I too have been having issues with my old Nexus 7 2nd Gen 32GB. Sometimes half the Nexus 7 lower screen is just blurred BLACK, followed by complete video loss & then stops videoing altogether.

Often the video will only work for 40 seconds before it turns itself off. And I have been trying to shoot in Panoramic Sphere mode. It gets to about shot 15/16 before it fails
to capture another image. I think all of this is due to the connection to the Nexus 7, but that is a guess really??

Very annoying it is.

The only real thing I can kind of be proud of at the moment is getting 42.3 mph out of it in Sport Mode!! But I brought it to take images & film, & I'm failing badly at both.

I'm not really running any other apps on the tablet. The Android version is 6.0.1, & I don't mind downgrading if need be & can do it.

The DJI Go 4 app is the downgraded version 4.2.4 & I have downgraded the Mavic Pro's firmware to the earliest V01.04.0100.

I have enabled the Nexus 7's Developer Options with the following:
USB Debugging- ON
Logger Buffer Sizes- 256K
USB Config- MTP
Window, Transition & Animator Scale- All OFF
Force GPU Rendering- ON
Background Prosess Limit- At Most 1 Process
Show All ANRs- ON

Do I need to Turn Off Locally Cached Images/Video in the DJI Go 4 app? I've not done so yet but I shall if it needs to be done?

Would installing Airmap For Drones Version 2.3.1 Help?

If anyone can think of something I have missed I would love to hear from you as I really want to begin to enjoy this way of photographing & filming things.

Do I need to invest in an NVidia Shield K1 yet? You know, late 2018 & everything needing more power..!!

Many thanks in advance.

MG
2018-9-26
Use props
fanse5394b5d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 128471 ft
United Kingdom

1st gen Nexus 7 is not up to the job of running the Go 4 app.
2nd  gen (2013) variant works very well. I use one with Phantom 4, Spark and Mavic 2 Pro.
2018-9-26
Use props
Moore-Grant
Second Officer
Flight distance : 546765 ft

United Kingdom

fanse5394b5d Posted at 2018-9-26 14:45
1st gen Nexus 7 is not up to the job of running the Go 4 app.
2nd  gen (2013) variant works very well. I use one with Phantom 4, Spark and Mavic 2 Pro.

Fanse5394b5d, my Nexus 7 is a 2nd Gen. Can I ask you how you settup your Nexus 7 2nd Gen to work well?

Do you have any tips?

Thanks
2018-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules