"Aircraft disconnected" issue ... until I get the answer ...
497 3 2017-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dobmatt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Once again ... I can't risk messing with FW/Software updates right now since I'm on the move wondering around remote wilderness areas in Western Canada with my 3 birds: P3P, P4P+ and I1P. All drones performed perfectly at home 800km away, but here two of them (P3P and I1P) occasionally are loosing connection with Go app (v.3.1.2) in the mid air. Both are still controllable with RC, but without VLOS and telemetry only RTH can save the bird ...

3 part question is simple:
1. Is this dangerous behavior related somehow to recently announced "forced" Go app update (not Go 4, which is not compatible with P3, Inspire 1 and Osmo)?
2. Is this dangerous behavior triggered by location change, therefore dependent on Internet connection?
3. Is this dangerous behavior avoidable without demanded FW/app update?

It took me a year of preparations for this 8 week long expedition, where photo/video documentary plays crucial role. Without solid Internet access in the middle of nowhere such unexpected restrictions may - and will - ruin the entire concept. In this situation I'm expecting well researched advice from people responsible for this undoubtedly necessary, but in worst possible time of the year implied updates ...  
2017-6-25
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dobmatt

Sorry buddy, I feel for you and this situation. DJI also, updated the Go App to act in the same way as the Go 4 App.

So, once you signed into your DJI account in the App(s) while connected to the internet you should be good to go. You do not need to have internet again for the drone and or the App. no matter where you are.

I have experimented with my Inspire 1 and the Mavic Pro in airplane mode after doing the required sign-in to DJI ... All has worked great for me.

Rich
2017-6-25
Use props
Dobmatt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-6-25 20:56
Dobmatt

Sorry buddy, I feel for you and this situation. DJI also, updated the Go App to act in the same way as the Go 4 App.

Thanks Rich, good to know somebody is with me ... So this is what I've done: didn't updated FW on Inspire 1Pro, also didn't updated app, de-logged and logged again while on WiFi ... Tested both birds today, everything works fine so far ... Let's see what happen when I move couple hundred miles away from this spot ...
Cheers,
Matthew.
2017-6-25
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-6-25 21:40
Thanks Rich, good to know somebody is with me ... So this is what I've done: didn't updated FW on Inspire 1Pro, also didn't updated app, de-logged and logged again while on WiFi ... Tested both birds today, everything works fine so far ... Let's see what happen when I move couple hundred miles away from this spot ...
Cheers,
Matthew.

Hey Matt

All you need to do is put the device in Airplane mode to test it out...

Glad you are making progress, keep us posted

Rich
2017-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules