71464 558 2017-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kloo Gee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

By far and away, I think the most important update required of the Spark it to implement the ability in the DJI Go 4 app to allow the pilot to change the sensitivity of the inputs for the camera gimbal and the joystick inputs.

As they stand right now, it is nearly impossible to get a smooth shot with the Spark where the camera pans up/down or you yaw left/right.  This is already a feature of the Mavic and Phantom.  Please add this capability to the Spark as well.  This will make such a huge impact on the quality of footage able to be captured by the Spark!

Thanks for making this thread to allow us to provide our feedback!!!!
2017-7-9
Use props
tf71
lvl.1
Germany

Hi DJI,

could you please give us a feedback, if some of our requests are already under development and will be released within the next firmware updates?

Regards Thilo

2017-7-10
Use props
Balzer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1070256 ft
  • >>>
Germany

1) Add more Video options. I really want a cinema picture profile to allow color grading!
2) Make the APP more stable. It has hard crashed my HTC phone a couple of time now, which isn't all that fun.
3) Allow Pictures in RAW
2017-7-10
Use props
Hendrik.lucky
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35669 ft
Denmark

Im really want gesture to start video recording
2017-7-10
Use props
Webcrsn
lvl.1
United States

IMG_1303.PNG

I updated the matrix to be more complete but it may not be accurate. Hopefully someone from DJI can insure it is accurate.
IMG_1302.PNG
2017-7-10
Use props
Kacper
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I would be happy to set 2.4Ghz as a default frequency. I'm losing connection after 200m on 5Ghz.
2017-7-10
Use props
fansd5f679f6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31257 ft
Germany

Please add a dynamic HomePoint (Smartphone Position) that refreshes itself every second.
So you can use active track for a longer distance than 100m!
The spark misses Follow Me, so please add the dynamic HP to active track!

MAybe, only with Remote, but PLEASE USE DYNAMIC POINT

its unusable on water or on ships (because Emergancy Landing goes on a place, where is no boat or ship)
2017-7-10
Use props
fansf7fa979c
Second Officer
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maybe I'm wrong about this, but there doesn't seem to be any way to change the wifi password for the remote. Only the drones password and ssid when using a phone or tablet can be changed. This seems really insecure, especially considering they all seem to share the same password.
2017-7-10
Use props
Balzer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1070256 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Another nice-to-have would be the ability to record 2.7k. I know, its difficult due to the 2 axis gimbal, but maybe in a tripod like mode with reduced speed and maneuverability, so the drone has less electronic image stabilization to do and more real estate for higher resolution video. Could be super useful for landscape shots or anything were you can get away with a slower speed.
2017-7-11
Use props
Bobesh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 270840 ft
Czechia

RustyD Posted at 2017-7-9 18:01
Here's an incredible flight story for you.  While vacationing this past weekend, I launched my Spark for a quick trip across the river in front of the cabin we were staying in.  About two-thirds of the way across, (I was flying via phone / not RC) I heard those most feared words when flying a drone ...  "LOST SIGNAL".  My heart sank as I saw the drone go into a hover and I began mashing on the return home button without success.  I began moving closer to try and regain a signal only to hear another heart wrenching message, "LANDING".  Nooooo!  I watched in horror as the hapless Spark went into a slow and steady decent.  As it looked to contact the water I stripped off my watch, shoes, wallet, sunglasses, dropped my phone and dove into the river.  Swimming frantically at an angle to account for the river's speed I made my way across.  I imagined what the little drone would look like in the shallow water bumping over boulders and tumbling in the current.  I then lifted my head up out of the water to get my bearings.  And to my utter amazement I heard the sweet buzzing noise of those four props.  I turned in the direction of the sound and there it was, about 12" above the water in a steady hover just blinking away ...   Whew!  I have no idea what technology is built into the Spark that told it not to land, but I'm very thankful for it.

That's actually amazing
2017-7-12
Use props
Bobesh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 270840 ft
Czechia

Aircraft:
- More range (CE standard) - 5.8G is heavily underpowered
- Persistent 2.4G / 5.8G switch
- Adjustable Gimbal pitch-speed
- Additional video formats / modes / color profiles (720p/60fps, 1080p/25fps...)
- Additional photo formats (RAW)
- Tap to focus

Gesture mode:
- 12MP Selfies from gesture mode
- More reliable wave gesture

Active Track:
- Follow RC/Phone GPS

Intelligent FlightModes:
- Point of Interest
- Course lock
- Home lock
2017-7-12
Use props
J.G
lvl.3
Flight distance : 172562 ft
United States

I'm using an iPhone 6s and Dronie and Helix mode won't work correctly, any update on this?
2017-7-12
Use props
fans62d6c303
lvl.1
United States

I am having a real problem with Spark's Active Track and Quick Shots. It just won't track. Keep getting messages "Cannot track subject: Subject too Small. Get closer and retry" even though I was just a few feet in front of the Spark.
2017-7-12
Use props
fans62d6c303
lvl.1
United States

Cravenfan Posted at 2017-6-26 09:54
First, I'm glad we are being asked for feedback.  My guess is if DJI scoured this forum for a day, most of these comments would be evident.  I also see we need to send an e-mail?  Not sure why these comments wouldn't be accumulated, but whatever works...is Spark the, "beta" or is the beta for "Spark 2?"  I also hope most of these are firmware fixes for early adopters.

First time drone pilot, got my Spark on Thursday, have used it probably 4-6 hours or so off an on the last three days.  Overall, I've had a blast!  My observations for improvement and/or questions:

I have been able to record audio on my mobile device. It is tricky getting it off and using it. If you go into the editor it seems to sometimes automatically replace your audio with music. Very annoying. I wish there were step by step instructions for retrieving the video and AUDIO recorded on the mobile device.
2017-7-12
Use props
chrismorace
lvl.1
Flight distance : 89121 ft
United States

- Totally agree with gesture to start recording and stop recording video
2017-7-12
Use props
chrismorace
lvl.1
Flight distance : 89121 ft
United States

Also, the video recorded by the Spark is different than the video recorded by the Mavic Pro and Phantom 4 Pro. It doesn't have any metadata like GPS, aircraft roll, pitch, yaw, camera roll, and embedded media creation dates. Reported creation date is 0000:00:00 00:00:00 Please fix! =-)
2017-7-12
Use props
fansab7d98f9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7753 ft
United States

My Spark flew away and never came back. Almost immediately the controller disconnected I kept hitting return to home and nothing have looked everywhere for my spark can't find it.
2017-7-12
Use props
OneMatt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 155984 ft
Canada

In addition to the many requests already made, I suggested a wide mode panorama. 7+ photos horizontal for a 180+ degree panorama, and option for either high resolution (slow to download) panoramas, or high res files stored to sdcard for later retrieval.
2017-7-12
Use props
jangermann
lvl.3
Flight distance : 182680 ft
Denmark

Extend range. only get 80 meters between controller and Spark before video link is gone.
2017-7-13
Use props
Hainesy
lvl.1
Thailand

The Maximum distance = 100m is fixed and cannot be disabled/edited.  This means when in follow mode, it will stop after only 100m and won't go further.  This HAS to be fixed, because when riding a bike it just stops after only a very short flight!!!!
2017-7-13
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

-Gesture for start/stop Video recording with no device connected
-Gesture for start a circle (do a 360° Video and hover)
-More Fail-safe options (Hover, Land, etc.)
-Adjustable Gimbals pitch-speed
-12MP Selfies/Video while using gesture mode
-More Intelligent Flight Modes like POI, Course- and Home-lock, etc.
-Follow me mode using phone or RC as the subject to follow instead of camera
-Return to home from any distance away with obsticle avoidance should be incorporated  

Here's an update I would like to add to my suggestion.  I would also like to add a new quick-shot. The spark will fly with the camera facing forward and then the camera will pitch downwards smoothly, as soon as the camera is close to full minimum pitch the drone will rotate 180 degrees(while still flying in the same direction). after its rotated and flying backwards the camera will pitch back up to point towards where the drone started its "quick shot" while still flying backwards. this will be done all in one motion(nice and smooth). This quick shot will be called Pendulum.
2017-7-13
Use props
OneMatt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 155984 ft
Canada

Thor1 Posted at 2017-7-13 03:41
-Gesture for start/stop Video recording with no device connected
-Gesture for start a circle (do a 360° Video and hover)
-More Fail-safe options (Hover, Land, etc.)

Oooh I like pendulum!
2017-7-13
Use props
pingywon13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 63724 ft
United States

I wanna give my Spark the middle finger and have it immediately crash land where ever it is...

2017-7-13
Use props
pingywon13
lvl.4
United States

In all seriousness though... Stop having so much crap pop up on the screen while I am trying to actively pilot the drone. This is not my first drone and there is way too many "warnings" and borderline threats popping up on the screen. Give me the disclaimer...have me "sign off" on it and let me pilot the darn thing. Your app is actually DISTRACTING me while I am trying to fly.
2017-7-13
Use props
Masoudsharifian
New
United Kingdom

Hello guy i had my first flight today with spark wich was fi e and nice i tried to fly with hand gestures as well it works for up and down and follow and track but not left and right how can make if complete?!!
2017-7-13
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Canada

pingywon13 Posted at 2017-7-13 07:02
I wanna give my Spark the middle finger and have it immediately crash land where ever it is...

i literally laughed out loud at work to this post.
2017-7-13
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Canada

OneMatt Posted at 2017-7-13 05:13
Oooh I like pendulum!

i think it would be cool. i hope i explained it clearly enough though, it could turn out to be a complete disaster.

2017-7-13
Use props
pingywon13
lvl.4
United States

Thor1 Posted at 2017-7-13 09:39
i literally laughed out loud at work to this post.

At times I feel like we are not far off from this being a real feature. ;)

glad you got a laugh - that was the point. I laughed writing it.
2017-7-13
Use props
jangermann
lvl.3
Flight distance : 182680 ft
Denmark

When changing the connection from 5.8 to 2.4, it can not remember this setting. I have to change it all the time.
on 5.8G I get max 80 meters (DJI should really fix this).
on 2.4G I get more than 300 meters
SO it should be possible to set 2.4 as default.
When connected to 2.4G it is not possible to connect an android phone to the RC via wifi, only the cable can be used then.
2017-7-13
Use props
fans38ce3655
lvl.1
Flight distance : 320354 ft
United States

- build in a small, lightweight power supply dedicated to maintaining RC/WIFI ON while swapping batteries, eliminating need to re-link, re-link, re-link...
2017-7-13
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Canada

pingywon13 Posted at 2017-7-13 10:23
At times I feel like we are not far off from this being a real feature. ;)

glad you got a laugh - that was the point. I laughed writing it.

hahaha people stared at me and everything, it was quite eventful.
2017-7-14
Use props
Matioupi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 922569 ft
France

First : solve this 2.4 / 5.8 GHz issue for Europe... while keeping OTG capability enabled

Then : some new features proposals

- decreased/settable sensitivity for the gimbal pitch wheel
- decreased/settable sensitivity for the yaw axis in sport mode
- faster/settable descent rate in sport mode above a given settable altitude threshold
- geotag pictures with GPS altitude (and place the AGL value in some comment EXIF)
2017-7-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Faster speed in P mode.
2017-7-15
Use props
DNA_lor
lvl.1
Flight distance : 86204 ft
United States

Are you worried that your Spark doesn’t fly as you want it to in Gesture mode? Are you worried when the Spark does not fly back to you after raising your arms in a Y shape? Do you think a new gesture control method is needed for the Spark? Or do you want to add new gestures for controlling the Spark? Or do you want more fun options with the QuickShot modes?
2017-7-15
Use props
DNA_lor
lvl.1
Flight distance : 86204 ft
United States

As part of the DJI Spark Forum, I want to give my input about the spark. My biggest complaints are the Quickshot Modes and some of the Gesture Modes.

• Quickshot Modes:
    • Dronie: My spark only flies backward and DOES NOT elevate as it was intended to. In addition, while in dronie mode, it appears that it fails to stop itself from flying backward and recording. My spark crashed onto a hill (fortunately) while flying backward without stopping.
    • Helix: My spark begins to elevate slightly and goes backward slowly. As intended, it will start its lateral movement to make a circle, but you can recognize it will fail to make the full circle because it doesn't elevate and bound to crash. Every time, I need to stop the mode before it crashes.
    • Rocket: This mode works almost 80-90% of the time, but there are still glitches for the camera to lose the target and fly up elsewhere without staying directly above the target.
    • Circle: This mode has been pretty consistent with its intended functionality, but it does glitch out sometimes and making only a half-circle of video recording.
  • Gesture Mode
    • For the most part, everything is working as intended but I only hope there will be additional updates to provide gestures for activating and deactivating the video recording. Currently, the "box" gesture only provides photo to be taken, while the user have to take out their phone to utilize the video recording functionality, which defeats the purpose of gesture mode.
Thanks for your time reading this and please let me kn

2017-7-15
Use props
Verolandia
New
Italy

I am worried as the signal WiFi does not work anymore after the 4th figlht.even though changing telephone I cannot browse see or locate any spark DJI's WiFi so I cannot fly. what can I urgently for to solve the problem?
2017-7-15
Use props
Verolandia
New
Italy

I am worried as the signal WiFi does not work anymore after the 4th figlht.even though changing telephone I cannot browse see or locate any spark DJI's WiFi so I cannot fly. what can I urgently for to solve the problem?
2017-7-15
Use props
fans1aa37bca
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1829219 ft
Singapore

Smooth auto 360 video?   find it very difficult to make 360 videos using the RC controller stick, always jittery.
2017-7-16
Use props
fans4ac8a6c9
New
Flight distance : 3556 ft
Philippines

HI, I purchased my DJI Spark last july 1, 2017 but unfortunately it got "short circuit" (which means spark got some smoke and like it smells like it was burnt) last July 14, 2017. I contacted the DJI Support but they told me to send the item in hongkong and they will assess the payment for repair. Why do I need to pay for repair when in fact it is not human error but due to defect on Spark, please kindly respond back, here's my email: dakila.adame@gmail.com
2017-7-16
Use props
SparkAustin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 125308 ft
United States

Would like to have it start recording automatically on take off. I keep forgetting to hit the button and realize that when I ran out of battery. Also, it would be nice to set it so it will take still pictures every 5 seconds or so while recording.
2017-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules